Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: FEF: Journey to the Underworld - IC Thread - Chapter 1  (Read 17902 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
FEF: Journey to the Underworld - IC Thread - Chapter 1
« on: May 23, 2014, 03:01:31 pm »

~~~~RULES~~~~

1. All kinds of questions, character sheet edits, story discussions and all non-IC stuff are to be posted at OOC Thread

2. Post formatting is mandatory:
"Coloured text for PC speech lines!"
Normal text for descriptions, etc.
Bolded text denotes action!

3. Order of posts:
In battle:
Player(s) -> GM -> Player(s) -> GM ... (until end of Player Phase) -> GM posts for Enemies -> GM posts for Allies -> End of Turn.
Outside battle:
Players -> GM, when needed

4. Unless GM explicitly mentions you/your character, you can't post in this thread.

5. Table of Contents:
nothing here yet!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:25:53 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Journey to the Underworld - Test Campaign IC
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 03:05:25 pm »

Prologue: Call to Journey

As the midday sun blazed overhead, Orpheus and his allies made their way to the appointed place. Spoken of in hushed voices and cautious tones, the locals in nearby villages avoided this place with dread. It is said that nestled between the mountains and the rocky coastline of Greece, there is a small shaft leading deep into the earth.  At all times of the night, locals reported wailing issuing forth from the pit, loud and sharp enough to pierce even the harrowing peaks of Mount Iliad. The most common held belief was that this place was entrance to the Underworld; the dark place where men go to die. Only the most foolish men of Greece would dare to throw their life away by descending the stairway into the darkness below.

Thus Orpheus could considered a lucky Heron to have attracted such a fine collection of fools. Upon hearing of both his words and his plights, these eight were the ones to answer the call.  A rag tag few, they were the ones who dared to die, so that another might once again live. Though of different race and creed, they were united by Orpheus for the purpose of this expedition.  Though few in number, they were great in strength.

However, not all were in support of the journey. There are times when being a friend means stopping their friend from reaching the brink of destruction. Hearing of Orpheus' plight, an old friend and ally was preparing to meet Orpheus at the gate…

Meanwhile...

"We should be getting close now…"

Orpheus did a quick sweep of his surroundings. Nothing was in sight but trees. Though he could not see the over the tree line, he could hear the crashing of the ocean not far from here. That was a good sign.

: "If what the villagers said is true… We should be arriving in just a few moments. I trust you are prepared, y-yes?"

All players are IN
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 03:07:07 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 03:10:57 pm »

The Mighty Tiger Knight looked around. Not much around them, or so it seems. Upon hearing Orpheus's question, he crossed his arms, remaining silent for a moment, before responding.
"The Mighty Tiger Knight is ready to face whatever evils plague us."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 03:13:48 pm »

Matthew nodded. A chance to see the Underworld... to see first hand what he had dedicated his life to studying...

"Yes, I am ready. This will be an adventure for sure."

If he gripped his tome a bit tighter and shifted slightly while saying this... well who could blame him for being slightly nervous?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 03:39:53 pm »

Coronis smirked, this was definitely going to be an interesting excursion. Full of confidence she flared her wings a little to add emphasis to her words.

"Count me in too. I'm ready for anything in there."
It's FEF, not FEOF

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 03:53:11 pm »

"As if spirits in the Underworld could harm us. Of course I'm ready."

Nynaeve definitely didn't seem nervous, seated in the saddle with a relaxed posture, with her staff laid across her lap. What was running through her mind, however, might be a different story.
I need to put something interesting here.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 04:27:41 pm »

: "G-good! I'm glad..."

Orpheus took a deep breath. It was hard to concentrate from fear, but the resolve of his allies was filling him with courage. Perhaps... Perhaps they did stand a chance.

: "Eurydice... I'm coming to save you."

---

The party continued on a little ways, the sound of the of the waves was growing stronger and stronger until it roared like a lion. Just a little ways more and-

"Halt! Stay where you are, weapons on the ground. Don't move a muscle, got it?"

A figure in red, stepped out from the forest, a mace in one hand and his hand outstretched in the other. Behind him, a dominating figure wearing red and gold looked on in silence.
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 04:30:06 pm »

"Why should we? I see no reason for us to stop. You have no call to stop us on our journey, we mean no harm to you. But we must continue on."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 04:45:22 pm »

"Why you impertinent cur! I ought to-"

The man in red and gold outstretched his hand and grabbed the brigand forcefully.

"Enough Protopapas. Stand down before you embarrass both me and yourself further. Understood?"

Then he turned his steely gaze towards Orpheus, then to Mathew.
: "You are free to go as you please. I have no quarrel with you or your friends. Our business is with the Heron alone."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 04:49:43 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Journey to the Underworld - IC Thread - Prologue
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 04:55:23 pm »

Matthew yawned in response.

"Too bad for you we're a package deal. You either let us all through, or we go through anyways. Somehow I suspect one way will be more painful for you. So why don't you just tell us what's going on here? Or let us all go on our way, but I suppose that'd probably be too easy."

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 05:14:58 pm »

"Hmph. My duty is to the Heron himself. I will not leave as long as he remains."

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 05:23:04 pm »

"Since when has a speech like that ever worked? 'Oh, step aside, I have only business with so and so!' It doesn't even work in stories. Come on."
I need to put something interesting here.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 05:30:40 pm »

Orpheus turned to allies, his hand shaking.

: "Please, enough! It's alright. He's a just an old friend of mine. Don't worry. Just let me speak to him."

Orpheus glided forward.

: "I-I suppose it's been quite some time..."

: "Yeah... It has been little while alright... Where have you been all this time?"

: : "Travelling..."

: "I can see that. You look like a mess."

The man frowned.

: "Listen. You don't really plan on going through with this little 'expedition', right?"

: "Jason..."

: "Wrong answer. Let's try this again. I asked whether you plan on going through with this expedition. Is this true or not?"

: "..."

: "...Unbelievable. Orpheus you damned fool. To descend into the Underworld is one thing, but to drag these fools down with you is another. What the hell are you thinking?"
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 06:21:44 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 05:36:13 pm »

"Not that it's *any* of your business, but ever imagine that we want to go? Personally, I couldn't imagine a greater adventure. I've been studying the Underworld and its inhabitants for my whole life. I jumped at the opportunity. So why not just let us go?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 05:45:32 pm »

Jason rubbed his temples impatiently.

: "Ye gods in heaven... Where did you find this one? Listen to these words: Your expedition into the Underworld is doomed to fail. It's that simple. You of all people should know how dangerous the Underworld is if you've got half a brain."
BIRDS.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21