Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 13: Assassination  (Read 48698 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 13: Assassination
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 12:12:06 am »

"Groups of two, Milno seperate?"

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 12:17:52 am »

"Sounds good to me. Lets see what the boss says though"
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 01:53:41 am »

"Yeah, I'm going first and you guys follow me in pairs, ten minutes spacing minimum and the pairs should get some distance from each other as soon as I leave. Vary things a bit; in a pair one of you can carry both cases and the other can enter the town normally. Try different side streets as long as you get to the main one. Doubt people'll make the connection if you change that kind of detail." Milno smirks as he explains the plan. So far in the HMRC he has learned trusting people's intelligence is attempting suicide, but expecting and relying on certain kinds of stupidity has high chances of success.

The young man then checks his case. "Plan is we'll try to get a room in the hotel closest to our target's. That way we'll have a reason to be around and in case it's needed we can change locations to a room in his hotel. Even if I don't manage to find a room, I'll be waiting in the lobby for the rest of you." He seems to finally find what he was looking for and presents them to the group.

"Here, take those." he says, giving all members of the group - except Thaddeus, who gets only an Endurance one due to already having some - one of each kind of stim he has. "Hope we don't have to use this so soon, but it's always better to have this kind of stuff and end up not using it than needing it without having it around. In case you get in trouble, try to solve the problem as discreetly as possible."

Give 1 of each stim to all teammates except Thaddeus/renegadelobster; he only gets an Endurance one.

In case we have a map, our meeting point will be the lobby/equivalent of the hotel closest to the Green Mansion Hotel.

In case we don't have a map, our meeting point will be the lobby/equivalent of the second hotel we find down the main street.

Edit: The plan is: Milno goes first followed by the pairs of teammates, with at least a 10 minutes gap between them.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:16:20 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 02:06:35 am »

"Works for me"

"Skylar, how you feel about us two going together?"
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 07:45:24 am »

"Brother Thomas, it looks like we will be going together then.  Shall we curve right while the other two curve left?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 11:28:58 am »

If Skylar agrees, team up with him. Carry the cases for the team, after they get out whatever they might need from them. Go second after Milno leaves, curve left and follow Milno's plan

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2014, 11:31:02 am »

"Works for me"

"Skylar, how you feel about us two going together?"

Sounds good. You want to take the communicator, Milno? Might help you pull of a 'late night traveller' shtick.

Execute plan 'wait for Milno to leave, then curve left'

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2014, 11:45:08 am »

Execute plan 'wait for Milno to leave, then curve left right'.  Verify I got that amp installed because that'd suck if I didn't.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2014, 03:13:46 pm »

Sounds good. You want to take the communicator, Milno? Might help you pull of a 'late night traveller' shtick.

"Since Lars is stronger and doesn't need to use his fists to disarm problems, he's better off carrying it."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2014, 03:15:06 pm »

"I would treasure any line to the Great Steve.  Blessed be his name."  Lars blinked a couple times, then looked around.  "Well, you know, without saying so this mission, right?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2014, 04:23:24 pm »

It takes a while for the team to find their way back together; Milno reaches the destination with no real problems, but it takes the others longer. Lars and Thomas end up lost for a while and show up just as the sun is rising, pale red on the horizon. Despite the setback, none of them ran into any trouble on their way. The few people they encountered kept to themselves, and night was quiet, so long as they steered clear of the center of town. The hotel on other side of town, past the more lively areas and into an older, less well maintained area. The street it's on has one other hotel, but it's fairly far down the road from the Green Mansion. the closest buildings, on the opposite side of the street, are an old tenement house, a storefront which seems to be a general store, though judging by the sign they mostly sell food. There's two stories of building above the storefront, probably the home of the owner. On the other side is an abandoned building; most of the windows have been boarded up or covered with plastic tarps and there's a sign attached to the front door. All the buildings are tall, brick work things built so close together that the walls touch. The Green Mansion itself is much the same, 6 stories high and covered with small glass windows. There's no sign of movement inside the building, but the lights by the main door are on.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2014, 10:03:53 pm »

Head to the abandoned building and frown / read the sign on the door while waiting for Milno. Look as if I'm annoyed that something has been closed. Head in with Milno to get the rooms, chatter with him about the 'attractions' pamphlet if he finds one.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 11:31:22 am by Kriellya »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2014, 02:02:23 am »

Hmm...I wonder what else is around here?

Walk around the next closest blocks and look for anything else of interest and staying alert for any other suspicious people(besides us), hopefully with Skylar so Thaddeus doesn't get mugged, while Milno gets a room

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2014, 06:56:23 am »

((Sick, terrible morning headache. I'll post this and may edit the action later to be more detailed or correct any mistakes.))

Already waiting for quite a while, Milno notices the rest of his teammates approaching. Although he has considered giving some of the cash to his teammates so they get different rooms and pretend they don't know each other, that plan only had high chances of crashing since they'd eventually have to meet somewhere and all of them had the same cases. Putting some of them inside the Green Mansion and the rest in the other hotel also faced the problem that in case their mark is paranoid enough, all of the place's rooms could be under surveillance.

They needed a base of operations as quick as possible to gather information before making any moves.

Get into the hotel and discreetly check for any free pamphlets detailing the city's attractions and any other useful info - a library's/equivalent place's location would be good. Then check the price for two or three rooms capable of holding the entire team, preferentially in some price table displayed somewhere in the lobby. Pay for them.

If were taken to our rooms, discreetly check whether they have some kind of surveillance system, pretending I'm just checking the place's quality.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 12:39:15 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2014, 07:56:10 am »

Head to the general store and buy some food.  Are there windows in the store that would allow observing the hotel front?  Don't say much, but just listen.

Also double checking to make sure that amp is installed and ready.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23