Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Mission 13: Assassination  (Read 47827 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 13: Assassination
« Reply #300 on: August 27, 2014, 07:47:51 am »

Stay on alert, watch for any more guards.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #301 on: August 28, 2014, 10:33:43 am »

Quote from: Penultimate turn
"Also, the information this guy has is kinda fuzzy, it's in his deeper long term memory and I'd need more time to get at it"

"I want you to delve deep inside his memory and find out everything he has that isn't in the hard drive. He should know what is and isn't inside, so I want you to search for the info that is hidden away inside his brain or somewhere else."

"And I'm crashing in a bit."
Milno answers. He should've tried one of those pills before, in the sword's (mildly) safe environment, to know how bad the collateral effects were. At the very least their current situation is stable and good enough that he won't be a problem while he goes through whatever the drug's backlash has to offer.

Lay down on the floor, cross arms and prepare for the crash.
You lay down and close your eyes as everything starts to return to normal and then, the world around you starts going faster, while you seem to slow down. You can feel every heartbeat pumping through your skull and your teeth itch and ache.

Thaddeus breathes a sigh of relief before making sure that his radio is still set to Milno's frequency: "Hey boss? Got the clarification for you. As long as the data is out of his hands and does not fall into someone else's hands that is not in the ARM, it does not matter if we destroy it or just secure it."

After that, keep watching and scanning, with the cameyes, for people that may want to cause us harm.
Doo dee doo dum de do. You've got maybe 3-4 more turns before it is 7 o'clock.

Lars nodded, a bit slower than usual.  "I will do so, Saint Milno."

Go deep as I can into his brain.  See if there's any other data anywhere else.  Search everywhere, everything I can without wearing myself out.  Fear to tread nowhere.
You sit there next to milno, concentrating and digging through his skull, replicating his memories and forcing them into your head.

"He's got...memory of the doctor being executed...video he saw of it. Doctor looked older...accusation of war crimes...created...Ghostships, Arbiters, Something...something called Phobetor...Father of Nightmares...sightings of him...still alive...multiple places at the same time...connection to Origin...cellular matter spread over hundreds of worlds...Disappearance of outer rim colonies...Origin...What is Origin? Didn't know. Didn't know. Passages from wayfarer religious texts...For I have walked the distant planetary shores and the great darkness between them and seen the hand of God within each twinkling mote of dust and stellar cloud...for if God is to be found he shall be found in the stars...ENSHRINED IT IS AMONGST THE BURNING WORLDS OF MANKIND'S ARROGANCE; FOR HE SOUGHT TO MAKE A MAN OF GOD AND BORE FORTH A GOD OF MAN!"

Lars collapses, twitching and foaming at the mouth.

Put the drive in my case, help Milno with the crash, and wait for Toaster to go overboard
Milno looks uncomfortable, but Lars appears to be possessed.

Stay on alert, watch for any more guards.
You've got a little bit, but lets hope they hurry up.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 28, 2014, 12:14:17 pm »

((Wasn't Milno only a few minutes on drugs? I supposed he'd get out of the crash before we had to leave, still around 15 minutes or more before the guards arrived.))

"Someone control Lars if he doesn't get better... Some painkillers or sedatives or whatever... As long as he isn't tranq'd."

Keep an eye on Skylar as he prepares to cut the target's head off and prevent him from doing it if it looks like he'll screw up badly (human decompensator mode). If he somehow fails, calmly prepare to cut the guy's head off with the tesla sabre.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 08:05:05 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 28, 2014, 02:32:15 pm »

Examine and attempt to calm down Lars, administer sedatives from e-kit if he doesn't calm down.

If Lars calms down quickly enough, and Thomas doesn't kill the target, cut off the target's head with the cutting torch.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 05:47:52 pm by Kriellya »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 28, 2014, 11:01:19 pm »

After not hearing anything back, Thaddeus fiddled with his radio till it was set to the all-team frequency: "Hey guys? Everything good there? Wasn't sure if Bossman heard me, but, we can just secure the data and take it with us. As long as it doesn't fall into anyone else's hands, that is not in the ARM. Also, just a heads up, its starting to get close to 7 o'clock, we might want to hurry this along incase another shift of guards is heading our way."

After that, use the cameye goggles to scan the surrounding area for people heading our way.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 28, 2014, 11:03:08 pm »

((Someone should probably kill that guy.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 28, 2014, 11:10:54 pm »

((Yeah, probably. And take his head with us so that we have a trophy! :D ))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 28, 2014, 11:30:54 pm »

((Yeah, I was gonna edit that into my action. We gotta make sure his brain is totally pulped, though.))

"And if anyone wants to, now would be the perfect time to take care of the mark definitely and get his head safely wrapped for a takeout."
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 10:00:11 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 29, 2014, 08:01:57 am »

((Lars might agree, but Toaster would rather take his head with us.  Not really in a position to argue, though!))

Lars convulsed on the floor again.

Attempt to regain control of self.  If able, indicate that I would like to finish up and go back to Steve.  If not, try not to piss on self.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #309 on: August 30, 2014, 10:04:34 am »

((Wasn't Milno only a few minutes on drugs? I supposed he'd get out of the crash before we had to leave, still around 15 minutes or more before the guards arrived.))

"Someone control Lars if he doesn't get better... Some painkillers or sedatives or whatever... As long as he isn't tranq'd."

Keep an eye on Skylar as he prepares to cut the target's head off and prevent him from doing it if it looks like he'll screw up badly (human decompensator mode). If he somehow fails, calmly prepare to cut the guy's head off with the tesla sabre.
(You'll be fine. You'll be fine.)

You keep one eye open to make sure skylar isn't going to fuck up.

Examine and attempt to calm down Lars, administer sedatives from e-kit if he doesn't calm down.

If Lars calms down quickly enough, and Thomas doesn't kill the target, cut off the target's head with the cutting torch.

You inject enough sedatives into lars to make him stop convulsing and then, very carefully, decapitate the target. It leaves a rather obvious burnt cut in the floor with a bit of blood and burnt organic material on each side, but whatever.

After not hearing anything back, Thaddeus fiddled with his radio till it was set to the all-team frequency: "Hey guys? Everything good there? Wasn't sure if Bossman heard me, but, we can just secure the data and take it with us. As long as it doesn't fall into anyone else's hands, that is not in the ARM. Also, just a heads up, its starting to get close to 7 o'clock, we might want to hurry this along incase another shift of guards is heading our way."

After that, use the cameye goggles to scan the surrounding area for people heading our way.
Nothing yet. You've got 3 turns left till they show up.

((Lars might agree, but Toaster would rather take his head with us.  Not really in a position to argue, though!))

Lars convulsed on the floor again.

Attempt to regain control of self.  If able, indicate that I would like to finish up and go back to Steve.  If not, try not to piss on self.
You've been given enough sedative that even the thought of impending death is greeted with giggling more then anything else.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 30, 2014, 02:00:10 pm »

"Wrap that a few times with whatever and toss it inside one of our backpacks. We don't have the time to dispose of evidence. Everyone, prepare for departure. See if the Priest can walk on his own."

Check if I can at least stand up and walk without being a problem. If so, put the gauntlet back into the backpack and help the team begin Operation Getting The Fuck Out Of Here.

Things to remember: Skylar's mini-cameras, paying the hotel's owner if it hasn't been done yet, including extra so he doesn't rattle off about our "drunk" friend.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:36:36 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 30, 2014, 07:26:38 pm »

Skylar nods at Milno, then gets to work.

Grab the pillow cases and wrap the head, then shove it in the emptiest backpack. Empty the backpack into a briefcase if necessary

Alright boss, let's get you and the priest out of here.

Help Lars and Milno back to our room, and finish packing my briefcase to leave. Poke Thomas into helping if he's still idle

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 30, 2014, 09:57:49 pm »

Walk the best I can.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 30, 2014, 11:53:47 pm »

Thaddeus gets up to start packing up the team's equipment and says into his radio: "Hey guys? Did one of you grab the physical data in his room? Also, should we destroy any evidence in his room that we were there? I do have these bricks of C4 and thermite just sitting here..."

Start packing up everyone's briefcases and get Stevecom ready to go. After that, use the cameye goggles to watch out for people heading our way.

After all that use Stevecom:
"Hey big boss? We're wrapping everything up here, getting ready to head out for extraction. Any particular place for pickup?"

((Action edited))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 12:17:35 am by renegadelobster »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 31, 2014, 03:44:15 am »

Thaddeus gets up to start packing up the team's equipment and says into his radio: "Hey guys? Did one of you grab the physical data in his room? Also, should we destroy any evidence in his room that we were there? I do have these bricks of C4 and thermite just sitting here..."

Start packing up everyone's briefcases and get Stevecom ready to go. After that, use the cameye goggles to watch out for people heading our way.

Yeah, I've got the data and the... wetware. Not sure if there's anything else here, it seems pretty sparse. Wouldn't put it past this guy to have remote backups, but that's out of our control, and hopefully the wetware can tell us about anything we missed.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23