Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: Mission 13: Assassination  (Read 47887 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 13: Assassination
« Reply #315 on: September 01, 2014, 12:13:10 am »

Alright, works for me. I should probably, ah, tell Steve we are getting ready for extraction.

Action edited
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #316 on: September 02, 2014, 10:45:41 am »

"Wrap that a few times with whatever and toss it inside one of our backpacks. We don't have the time to dispose of evidence. Everyone, prepare for departure. See if the Priest can walk on his own."

Check if I can at least stand up and walk without being a problem. If so, put the gauntlet back into the backpack and help the team begin Operation Getting The Fuck Out Of Here.
You can walk, your legs feel weak and you're kinda dizzy, but how many missions have you done where you were literally half dead through the majority of them? Compared to that, this is nothing.

You get your stuff packed up and ready to go.

Skylar nods at Milno, then gets to work.

Grab the pillow cases and wrap the head, then shove it in the emptiest backpack. Empty the backpack into a briefcase if necessary

Alright boss, let's get you and the priest out of here.

Help Lars and Milno back to our room, and finish packing my briefcase to leave. Poke Thomas into helping if he's still idle
You wrap up your present to steve and stuff it into a backpack, thankful for the fact that the laser cut will at least prevent it from bleeding everywhere. It would be quite a hassle to have to sit there and drain the head of blood. You wonder, idly, if you'll get out of here in time for them to revive it. Maybe you should get a cooler and keep it on ice? Who knows.

Milno is on his feet already, seemingly unaffected by the drug withdrawl, so you help Lars up. He's capable of standing and walking on his own, but he tends to wander if you're not guiding him along. You get your gear with one hand and Lars with the other and then follow milno out of the room and back down stairs. You make sure to close the door to the target's room as you leave.

Walk the best I can.
You're feeling pretty good. You guess Skylar wants you to follow him, so you do.

Thaddeus gets up to start packing up the team's equipment and says into his radio: "Hey guys? Did one of you grab the physical data in his room? Also, should we destroy any evidence in his room that we were there? I do have these bricks of C4 and thermite just sitting here..."

Start packing up everyone's briefcases and get Stevecom ready to go. After that, use the cameye goggles to watch out for people heading our way.

After all that use Stevecom:
"Hey big boss? We're wrapping everything up here, getting ready to head out for extraction. Any particular place for pickup?"

((Action edited))
You get everything packed up and send a message to Steve as the rest of the team makes it back to the room.

>Get out of the city. The direction doesn't matter, but move as quickly as you can manage. Get beyond the city limits, out into the wilderness and then find someplace secluded to wait for night. The shuttle will come once it's dark enough not to draw attention.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 02, 2014, 10:55:04 am »

"I love you guys.  Isn't Steve great?  Let's go give him a huuuuug."

Be lead around
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 02, 2014, 12:36:02 pm »

"Time to get our drunken friend out of here." Milno says. They could certainly have used the priest's help to make the guards and hotel's owner forget their faces and attires, but they can't allow themselves the luxury of waiting until Lars gets better to fix things up; they should make their escape before being forced to deal with more guards.

Things to remember: getting Skylar's mini-cameras as we leave, paying the hotel's owner if it hasn't been done yet, including extra if necessary so he doesn't rattle off about our friend's drunkenness. We're leaving the hotel and taking the same path I made from the city's outskirts to the hotel, just inverted. If possible, buy some ice (and a cooler) along the way if possible so we can get the target's head cooled after we make it safely to the wilderness.

Thomas follows along and keeps one of the tranq guns, as well as the lightweight precision rifle in his bag. Milno keeps the other tranq gun until Lars has gotten better. The backpacks have random crap and papers strewn on top of the actually important stuff to prevent suspicion, with guns and defensive equipment being closer to the surface just in case. The severed head stays throughly wrapped just in case, even if we change it into the cooler.

If we do make to the wilderness in the next turn, we'll keep walking until we have to rest, but we'll pick an easily defensible location in case of trouble and use Skylar's mini-cameras to set a perimeter around our resting spot.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 02, 2014, 12:47:47 pm »

"Uh, is the preacher alright? He looks a little messed up."

Scan around with cameye goggles quickly, then follow through with Milno's plan. Make sure to put cameye goggles away, BEFORE leaving the room.

((Action edited))
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 02:25:02 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 02, 2014, 01:02:07 pm »

Scan around with cameye goggles quickly, then follow through with Milno's plan.

"He'll be fine. In case anyone asks, he's just a bit drunk." he answers.

Addendum: make sure no one is going downstairs with obviously techy stuff in display; cameye goggles included.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 02, 2014, 01:40:20 pm »

Things to remember: getting Skylar's mini-cameras as we leave, paying the hotel's owner if it hasn't been done yet, including extra if necessary so he doesn't rattle off about our friend's drunkenness. We're leaving the hotel and taking the same path I made from the city's outskirts to the hotel, just inverted. If possible, buy some ice (and a cooler) along the way if possible so we can get the target's head cooled after we make it safely to the wilderness.

Thomas follows along and keeps one of the tranq guns, as well as the lightweight precision rifle in his bag. Milno keeps the other tranq gun until Lars has gotten better. The backpacks have random crap and papers strewn on top of the actually important stuff to prevent suspicion, with guns and defensive equipment being closer to the surface just in case. The severed head stays throughly wrapped just in case, even if we change it into the cooler.

If we do make to the wilderness in the next turn, we'll keep walking until we have to rest, but we'll pick an easily defensible location in case of trouble and use Skylar's mini-cameras to set a perimeter around our resting spot.

Follow the plan. Get out of dodge.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 02, 2014, 02:21:34 pm »

((Er. Right, will edit my action to make sure that doesn't happen))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 03, 2014, 07:31:27 pm »

Get out, and follow orders.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #324 on: September 04, 2014, 01:59:58 pm »

"I love you guys.  Isn't Steve great?  Let's go give him a huuuuug."

Be lead around
You allow yourself to be led around.
"Time to get our drunken friend out of here." Milno says. They could certainly have used the priest's help to make the guards and hotel's owner forget their faces and attires, but they can't allow themselves the luxury of waiting until Lars gets better to fix things up; they should make their escape before being forced to deal with more guards.

Scan around with cameye goggles quickly, then follow through with Milno's plan. Make sure to put cameye goggles away, BEFORE leaving the room.

((Action edited))

Scan around with cameye goggles quickly, then follow through with Milno's plan.

"He'll be fine. In case anyone asks, he's just a bit drunk." he answers.

Addendum: make sure no one is going downstairs with obviously techy stuff in display; cameye goggles included.

Follow the plan. Get out of dodge.
Get out, and follow orders.
The team, Lars held between two of them, gathers their gear and heads downstairs. Milno leaves a bundle of cash on the counter, just in case, and then they leave. They don't run, or even move with any degree of haste; they just walk at a normal pace, retracing the route they used to get into the city and following it back out. They draw some attention, namely thanks to Lars and his semi-drunken shambling and outbursts, but the glares they get are those of moral disapproval at his drunken state, rather then the accusing looks of "You have a severed head bleeding through the lining of your backpack".

They stop at a convenience store of sorts along the way and grab a Styrofoam cooler and ice; along with a few packs of beer, to keep their cover going. Nothing is more suspicious then buying a cooler and ice but nothing to put in it. Except maybe also including black trash bags and bleach.

By the time they're walking out past the city limits the sun has half set and twilight spreading out over the tall grass fields beyond the city. The group walks a few miles more and then settles down in the tall grass, far enough from both the city and the road that no one could see them, especially not out in the tall grass. Skylar removes the head from his bag and stuffs it into the cooler, pulling the beer out as he does.

"How long till pickup, you think?"

"Dunno. Steve dropped us in the middle of the night last time. Might be a few hours."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 04, 2014, 02:56:29 pm »

Lars shook his head to clear out the cobwebs.  The medication was starting to wear off.

"Praise be to Steve... we've done well today.  Saint Milno has lead us to greatness.  It's been an honor serving with you gentlemen."

He rubbed his face again.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 04, 2014, 03:02:29 pm »

"Just don't get drunk and hope nothing goes terribly bad." Milno says, picking up a can of beer and glancing at Thomas before turning to Lars. "Yeah, you did fine. Just don't think it's over just yet."

Make sure we do have those mini-cameras installed and watching the perimeter, just in case.

Note: Milno isn't drinking and the only people who can drink are Thaddeus and Skylar due to the fact they aren't that needed during combat. Enforced one can maximum anyway.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 10:46:02 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 04, 2014, 03:27:31 pm »

"Yeah, you too Preach." Thaddeus says, before turning to Milno."Hey boss? I'm gonna use the cam goggles to watch the area while we wait. And tell Steve we are waiting and ready. Also, could you toss me one of those?" Thaddeus motions towards one of the beers as he gets up and walks first to Stevecom, and then his case for the goggles.

Catch and drink beer if one is tossed my way.

Use Stevecom:
"Hey big boss in the sky? We're outside of town in a field, ready for pickup whenever you are."

Grab the cameye goggles and scan the area until pickup.

Relax if possible?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 04, 2014, 03:37:31 pm »

Instead of drinking it, Milno tosses Thaddeus the can of beer he picked up. He'd rather not test his alcohol resistance in the field, even if the mission seems to be mostly wrapped up by now.
>Yes?

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 05, 2014, 06:16:43 am »

Praise indeed... Want some more system depressants, Preacher? I promise it's better than the hallucinogenic shit we've got on the Sword.

Hand out beer, take a sip, then help Milno check the cameras before settling in to wait.

Check the datapad, my equipment, and the hard drive for an appropriate connector.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23