Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 13: Assassination  (Read 47758 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 13: Assassination
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2014, 10:14:55 am »

Drag Skylar along and pretend to be checking other rooms/hallway wiring in the same floor.
Be dragged along pretending to check the other rooms :P

Listen for what is being talked about around the corner.

(( I actually wasn't expecting a mission post today, since the tinker threads didn't get a post yesterday XD ))
You both head down the main hall, past the branch where the guards and the target are waiting. You don't look that way, because that would be suspicious, instead you just walk down the hall, feigning the sort of apathetic gait and mannerisms of a government employee working through lunch. You get about halfway down the hall, busily checking outlets and scribbling what you hope will be passable, if meaningless, tech jargon on your pad when you hear the the guards thudding up behind you. Your radio has been beeping for a few seconds, but you didn't want to answer it because whatever would be said over it is uncoded; don't want them to know you have eyes watching them.

"Whayouwan?" A gruff voice barks from behind you, less of a question and more of a single complex sound spat out at you.

You both turn to look at the speaker. Only one of the guards has come to check you out, but he's an an intimidating piece of work: six and a half feet tall, broad shouldered and muscular in that distinctive way you get via breaking heads, as opposed to lifting weights. His hair is short and straggly on a face like a pock marked brick with little black marble eyes peering out of sunken sockets above a mouth filled with yellowing, slab like teeth. He's wearing something like a vest but longer, the bottom reaching his knee, but still lacking sleeves and open chested to reveal what appears to be intentional scarification on his arms and chest. He's holding some sort of large machine pistol or submachine gun in his right hand, though it's still pointed at the ground, for now.

Watch the cameras. Grab a tranq pistol. Be ready.
"So, Lars. Any opinions on this?"
You wait, and watch, and wait.

"Hey guys, could one of you unlock the room that is directly below the targets? I'll take the cam-eyes, scary sniper guy'll keep the datapad. We'll serve as the quick reaction team and the intel team."

Double check that the room underneath the targets is empty. Head there, trying to avoid any cameras on the way up. Make sure to bring the cam-eyes, keeping them hidden. Get a good spot beside the door inside the room in case Thaddeus needs to bail quickly. Keep on using the cam-eyes to watch and report the targets movements to the rest of the team
You get up to the room under the target's and very quietly move inside. You keep an eye on the happenings from here, and radio Milno and Skylar about one of the guards heading their way. They don't pick up.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 12, 2014, 09:35:51 pm »

Thaddeus grabs his radio and changes the frequency to the other two teammates: "Hey, preach? Scary sniper? One of the guards has stopped the other two on the targets floor and seems to be talking to them. Should probably be ready to act in case things go bad."

Keep watching and report the situation to Lars and Thomas. Also, with the cam-eyes being used as they are, would Thaddeus have LOS on the guard and be able to use his amp? If so, charge an Exo bonus.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2014, 09:37:41 pm »

"Steve will guide us."

Pray to Steve.  Keep hand on pistol.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #183 on: July 13, 2014, 08:21:35 am »

Thaddeus grabs his radio and changes the frequency to the other two teammates: "Hey, preach? Scary sniper? One of the guards has stopped the other two on the targets floor and seems to be talking to them. Should probably be ready to act in case things go bad."

Keep watching and report the situation to Lars and Thomas. Also, with the cam-eyes being used as they are, would Thaddeus have LOS on the guard and be able to use his amp? If so, charge an Exo bonus.
Exo bonus charged.

"Steve will guide us."

Pray to Steve.  Keep hand on pistol.
Prayer bonus charged. Ie nothing.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 13, 2014, 05:35:11 pm »

((@piecewise: I meant to stay in the same area, without getting close/past the branch the target is in and exposing ourselves to the guards just yet. I wanted to wait and see whether they were coming to talk or if we could mess with the camera undisturbed. Still not in the best state to post an action, but here's one in case the situation isn't reverted:))

Answer in case nothing is fixed after the mistake is cleared.

"Inspecting wiring." Milno answers, worry in his eyes like he's just a civil servant who's gotten into unwanted trouble.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #185 on: July 13, 2014, 06:26:36 pm »

((@piecewise: I meant to stay in the same area, without getting close/past the branch the target is in and exposing ourselves to the guards just yet. I wanted to wait and see whether they were coming to talk or if we could mess with the camera undisturbed. Still not in the best state to post an action, but here's one in case the situation isn't reverted:))

"Inspecting wiring." Milno answers, worry in his eyes like he's just a civil servant who's gotten into unwanted trouble.
The camera already saw you so they were coming to see you regardless of if  you passed the hall or not.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 13, 2014, 06:44:00 pm »

The camera already saw you so they were coming to see you regardless of if  you passed the hall or not.

((Ok. It was also an attempt to stay close to the stairs to make disposing of the guard(s) easier in case they came to check on us and proved to be trouble, but we can just roll with how things are going.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 13, 2014, 07:57:47 pm »

Keep watching, reporting and charging that bonus. Also, scan the guy that has stopped Milno and Skylar. Is there anything odd about him? His skeleton? His internals? Anything he's carrying?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2014, 11:04:16 pm »

Hand on pistol, be ready to move out.. Watch the door.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2014, 04:03:44 am »

Support Milno, make sure 'notes' on datapad are in order

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2014, 08:40:24 am »

Keep watching, reporting and charging that bonus. Also, scan the guy that has stopped Milno and Skylar. Is there anything odd about him? His skeleton? His internals? Anything he's carrying?
There's nothing particularly odd you can see about the guy, other then a rather uncomfortable looking metal piercing on his...well, you don't think milno and skylar need to know about that. In fact, you really wish you didn't know.

Hand on pistol, be ready to move out.. Watch the door.

You assume a crouched, ready position near the door, pistol in one hand.

Support Milno, make sure 'notes' on datapad are in order
"Inspecting wiring" Milno says, doing his best to seem utterly uninterested in the man and jerking his head back towards the nearest socket, where Kri is doing his best to look busy.

"Not 'upposedto be here." The man says, his voice a slur  of running together words and thick accent at high speed.

"Owner said could."

He narrows his eyes and you can see the muscles in his jaw work in tandem with the gears in his head.

"What in case?" He says, twitching is weapon at the metal case you're carrying.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 15, 2014, 01:01:40 pm »

Milno takes part of his equipment (pills he hasn't given out, mechanist glove, paralysis grenade) hidden under other stuff and a fake bottom.
((Foresight helped in this case. We're carrying unassuming bags instead of professional assassin metal cases. Assume "other stuff" to be the correct work papers and assorted junk, like the books I bought. The thing covering the real equipment inside the backpack should be another of the bags we bought, but "smashed" to look like it's actually the bottom. I'd rather not have to open it, but in case it's necessary.))

"Papers. Books. Work stuff." Milno answers.

In case he doesn't seem convinced, open the bag myself and let him see the contents.
>Yes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2014, 01:22:11 pm »

"Everything okay?"

Lars muttered a prayer under his breath.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2014, 12:13:25 am »

Same old, same old. Watch, report, charge bonus. Look for any hidden weapons on the first guard. Inspect the second guard the same as the first, this time also looking for weapons.

"Aw, man. I really didn't need to know that guy had a piercing there. Gah, I'm going to see that every time I sleep for a bit. Anyways, I wonder what the other guy has on him"

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2014, 02:42:35 am »

Continue 'inspection', moving slowly towards the guard along the wires
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23