Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 13: Assassination  (Read 47858 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 13: Assassination
« Reply #255 on: August 07, 2014, 07:53:31 am »

Stay out of camera sight.  Make sure the guards don't wake up.  Listen for team.  Charge amp bonus.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #256 on: August 07, 2014, 09:45:17 am »

"Good job. Checking if I can fix tangled wiring."

That wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but: use the mechanist glove and check whether the camera knowledge I gleaned from the ship boarding is of any use to make it loop the recording. Spend a while concentrating to do so (dynamic bonus).
They're not identical, but it would provide some assistance since they have many basic similarities. You get ready to try it.

(( Should have been doing this last turn... xD ))

Check for wireless signals while we wait, looking to see if those cameras are broadcasting wirelessly
They don't seem to be, or if they are they're doing it on some frequency you can't pick up on. You worry for an instant that they might be quantum entangled but then realize that would be silly, expensive and they would also have a great big box attached to them to store the entanglement medium.

Probably just wired.

Check positions of both guards and target. Make sure both guards are still out and the target is not acting worried or anything else suspicious.

Watch, report, charge.

If either guard show any signs of waking up, freeze a softball sized sphere in the middle of their chest by 30 degrees, for 2 seconds. Be sure to use the Exo bonus.

Everything seems to be proceeding normally so far, the target is still pacing but not any more then he was before. He seems not to have noticed, at least yet.  But it's only a matter of time till he looks at the monitor for the camera outside is room and notices he has no guards.

Stay out of camera sight.  Make sure the guards don't wake up.  Listen for team.  Charge amp bonus.
Purposeful waiting commences.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 07, 2014, 10:02:21 am »

"Lars. Check on wire. Can you put one of them back into former position while keeping it fixed?" Milno asks, deciding to see whether Lars can mind-control one of the men into sleep-walking mode. "If you try it, stay ready to fix it again just in case."

Try to make the camera loop the last few seconds of recording.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 07, 2014, 10:19:30 am »

"Will do."

Open the door Guard 2 is in.  See if he can be sleep-walked back to his original spot while remaining asleep.  If he wakes up in the process, tranq him again, but try not to let tranq gun (or myself) be visible in the camera by the door.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 08, 2014, 01:41:23 am »

Watch, wait. Check gun. Check gun again. Watch. Wait.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 08, 2014, 02:53:05 pm »

Check targets location/temperamen/body language. Same with guards.

Watch, report, charge.

If there are any hostiles, besides the target, cool a softball sized sphere in the center of the chest by 30°C for 2 seconds
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #261 on: August 09, 2014, 10:21:39 am »

"Lars. Check on wire. Can you put one of them back into former position while keeping it fixed?" Milno asks, deciding to see whether Lars can mind-control one of the men into sleep-walking mode. "If you try it, stay ready to fix it again just in case."

Try to make the camera loop the last few seconds of recording.
You get the gauntlet out of your bag and point at the camera with it. Getting it to loop is more difficult then you thought- the camera doesn't record, it just sends the information back to the monitor; normally looping it would be impossible but you have the capacity to alter the camera's internal structure. So you actually have to deconstruct it and basically make it just a box feeding the same prerecorded loop down the line. It works, as far as you can tell. If anyone was watching the camera at that moment they'd see the image cut out for a few seconds then come back on. There's no sounds of screaming though, so you assume it worked.

"Will do."

Open the door Guard 2 is in.  See if he can be sleep-walked back to his original spot while remaining asleep.  If he wakes up in the process, tranq him again, but try not to let tranq gun (or myself) be visible in the camera by the door.
The body gets up from the floor and, in a very jerky, puppet-on-strings manner walks back to the area near the door. He heavily falls back against the wall in a sort of relaxing pose and then goes completely stiff, so as to remain standing.

Watch, wait. Check gun. Check gun again. Watch. Wait.
Waiting...gun is ok....still ok....waiting....WHEN THE FUCK DOES THE MURDER START?!

Check targets location/temperamen/body language. Same with guards.

Watch, report, charge.

If there are any hostiles, besides the target, cool a softball sized sphere in the center of the chest by 30°C for 2 seconds

The moment Lars' puppeteered guard lands against the wall the target jumps, grabs something from a table and cowers in the corner, pointing it toward the door.  You grimace and grab the radio.

"Be careful. A wire might be live."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 09, 2014, 11:07:50 am »

"Everyone but sentinel, with me. Avoid second one." he says quietly, pointing at the first camera - the one he modified - to indicate they should avoid the second camera.

Touch the first camera to understand the modifications I made and if possible, start to charge a dynamic Will bonus to do the same to the second camera.

Nudge Thomas along if needed.

"Watch wires. Stay put while I fix the last problem."
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 12:38:13 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 09, 2014, 12:20:48 pm »

"Moved the second wire back into position.  No current on it."

Charge up that amp some more.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 09, 2014, 11:15:40 pm »

Double check that both guards are still out and not getting up anytime soon, besides the one that was puppeted into place.

Check targets position in the room and see if it is possible to make out what weapon he might have.

Report any findings to the rest of the team.

Charge amp bonus. If there are any hostiles, besides the target, cool a softball sized sphere in the middle of their chest by 30°C for 2 seconds. As a last resort, if the others fail, and the target needs to be stopped, do same as the above, but on his right knee instead.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 10, 2014, 12:15:07 am »

Move in with Milno. Check the still unconscious guard for keys and other such things IF I can reach him without passing the second camera. Disarm him as well, hiding his guns and other weapons in another room or in my emergency kit

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #266 on: August 11, 2014, 10:50:05 am »

"Everyone but sentinel, with me. Avoid second one." he says quietly, pointing at the first camera - the one he modified - to indicate they should avoid the second camera.

Touch the first camera to understand the modifications I made and if possible, start to charge a dynamic Will bonus to do the same to the second camera.

Nudge Thomas along if needed.

"Watch wires. Stay put while I fix the last problem."
You get ready to start modifying the second camera, though you feel it may be a bit late for such things.

"Moved the second wire back into position.  No current on it."

Charge up that amp some more.
Charging.

Double check that both guards are still out and not getting up anytime soon, besides the one that was puppeted into place.

Check targets position in the room and see if it is possible to make out what weapon he might have.

Report any findings to the rest of the team.

Charge amp bonus. If there are any hostiles, besides the target, cool a softball sized sphere in the middle of their chest by 30°C for 2 seconds. As a last resort, if the others fail, and the target needs to be stopped, do same as the above, but on his right knee instead.

The guards are still out, though how exactly you expect to tell how long it is till they wake up using a grainy x-ray image of them, I have no idea.

He's in a corner, though now he's slowly advancing towards the door, weapon out in front of him. He's holding it with one hand, so you assume it's a pistol or handgun of some kind, judging from the shape you can see and the way he's holding it.

You let everyone know the situation.

I'm gonna have to revert to the thing that charging bonuses is your entire action, since people are doing tons of things and still charging bonuses, which is supposed to constitute you spending a turn mentally preparing yourself.

Move in with Milno. Check the still unconscious guard for keys and other such things IF I can reach him without passing the second camera. Disarm him as well, hiding his guns and other weapons in another room or in my emergency kit
You can't get to him without the second camera seeing you, for now.

"The...fuck I can't think of a wire metaphor. The target is moving towards the door, I think he's going to talk to his guard about what the noise was and...well I don't think Lars can control the guard well enough to pass it off as an actual person."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 15, 2014, 02:42:29 pm »

((So I suppose that means Thaddeus didn't charge his brain. Oh well. Time for Plan D. It stands for Disaster.

And since I assume we are keeping the pills readily available as instructed by Milno:))

Milno had to think fast. Lars had been using his recently-bought amp a good deal and he suspected the paranoid man's mind would not be as easy to bend as the brawl-for-brains thugs the crazy priest had knocked out. "Thomas, prepare the tranq pistol, pop a 'quick' pill. Lars, prepare the tranq pistol, get into the hallway, and act like you're just doing stuff while being watched by the other guard while keeping an eye on that door. Act when it opens enough. I want that man sleeping before he notices something's wrong."

Milno takes a Dex pill and gets into position in the corridor when that door opens, aiming to take the weapon from the man in case he isn't tranquilized fast enough.

Standing orders for Lars and Thomas (TL;DR and also in case one of them doesn't post in time): as above.
>Yes?

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 15, 2014, 03:18:02 pm »

Move to wherever the second guard is, take any weapons and search him for things: keys, radio, etc.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #269 on: August 15, 2014, 07:21:42 pm »

((So I suppose that means Thaddeus didn't charge his brain. Oh well. Time for Plan D. It stands for Disaster.

And since I assume we are keeping the pills readily available as instructed by Milno:))

Milno had to think fast. Lars had been using his recently-bought amp a good deal and he suspected the paranoid man's mind would not be as easy to bend as the brawl-for-brains thugs the crazy priest had knocked out. "Thomas, prepare the tranq pistol, pop a 'quick' pill. Lars, prepare the tranq pistol, get into the hallway, and act like you're just doing stuff while being watched by the other guard while keeping an eye on that door. Act when it opens enough. I want that man sleeping before he notices something's wrong."

Milno takes a Dex pill and gets into position in the corridor when that door opens, aiming to take the weapon from the man in case he isn't tranquilized fast enough.

Standing orders for Lars and Thomas (TL;DR and also in case one of them doesn't post in time): as above.

Milno stops for a moment, reaches into his bag, retrieves a single, rather large pill, and sticks it in his mouth. He bites down, bursting the liquid capsule and swallows it. Then he waits for a count of five as he feels it go to work. The world seems to slow down, ever so slightly, and takes on a slight bluish tint. He can feel the burning in his stomach.

The door opens, a little bit slower then it normally would, and a hand holding an oversized, almost comical dirty hairy style revolver slides out.  The head comes next, but Milno is already moving down the hall at a sprint. By the time the man has turned to see what the noise coming down the hall is, Milno is already on him. He grabs at the target's hand, getting a finger behind the trigger of the revolver so it can't fire, and slaps his other hand over the man's mouth before the scream building in his lungs can escape. Milno puts one leg behind the leg of his target and then shoves forward, forcing the man off balance. The both tumble into the room as Lars jogs up behind them and slips in as well, closing the door as he does. Once the door is closed, he pulls out his tranquilizer pistol presses it against the struggling target's leg, firing once. The man struggles for a few more seconds and then goes limp.

Move to wherever the second guard is, take any weapons and search him for things: keys, radio, etc.
The second guard is standing next to the target's door, ya silly. We'll assume you meant the first guard. You grab his machine pistol and a set of keys he had on him, as well as a wallet, because why not. You find a folding knife in his pocket next to the wallet and take that too, though you doubt it would be of much help in a fight, small as it is.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23