Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: Mission 13: Assassination  (Read 47252 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 13: Assassination
« Reply #330 on: September 05, 2014, 07:43:37 am »

Lars shakes his head, rubbing it again afterward, blinking a bit.  "No, brother, I must keep my head clear, in case I am called to further action.   Praise be to Steve."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #331 on: September 06, 2014, 11:52:40 am »

Milno, with a sense of celebration not seen since the days of the prohibition, hands out exactly two beers to people he refers to as "Combat useless" and then double checks he's left nothing behind. Skylar tries to figure out a way to view the data they took, but can't. Thaddus radios for pickup and then dons his xray goggles and scans around whilst drinking one of the beers and wishing there were more women around to try out the fine tuning of the goggles on, so to speak. Lars prays, facing The Sword, and Thomas strips and cleans his rifle for the 4th time that day.

In the end, it takes 4 hours before a ship comes for them, sometime deep in the midnight darkness. It sweeps down lower, but never lands, so as not to scorch the tall grass and perhaps start a wild fire, or at least leave definite evidence of their departure. Instead it hovers a hundred feet or more above the ground and someone inside tosses out a ladder made of synthetic cord and metal rod rungs, with one end secured in the crew compartment of the shuttle, and the other now resting in the tall grass.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 06, 2014, 06:23:09 pm »

Have Milno or someone else double check the surroundings with the cam-goggles' vision modes, then we get the small perimeter-cameras (person with the cam-goggles should do it due to the darkness) and the group can get going. Milno goes up the ladder last, just in case. He also picks a nice-looking flower if there are any close by.

"Let's get moving." Milno says. He knows better than to relax just because the mission's nearly finished.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:56:03 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 06, 2014, 08:19:06 pm »

If it fits, place the cooler and hard drive in a backpack and attach the briefcase to the outside of the bag or base of the ladder.

Otherwise, attach the cooler to the outside of a backpack. Empty my briefcase into the backpack.

Begin ascent with the backpack. Go as soon as everything is attached and Milno had given the all clear.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 06, 2014, 09:32:37 pm »

"Sounds good."

Double check the area with the cameye goggles vision modes, then retrieve the perimeter cameras. Make sure everything is packed up to go, help ferrying equipment up if need be and then head up the ladder after Milno has given the all clear.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 07, 2014, 05:13:20 am »

Keep on watch, keep ready to fire if things go south. Leave when it's time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 07, 2014, 02:41:26 pm »

"Praise be to Steve, for he has delivered unto us salvation and transportation!"

Mount up.   Pray for safe travels.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #337 on: September 09, 2014, 02:03:02 pm »

Have Milno or someone else double check the surroundings with the cam-goggles' vision modes, then we get the small perimeter-cameras (person with the cam-goggles should do it due to the darkness) and the group can get going. Milno goes up the ladder last, just in case. He also picks a nice-looking flower if there are any close by.

"Let's get moving." Milno says. He knows better than to relax just because the mission's nearly finished.
"Praise be to Steve, for he has delivered unto us salvation and transportation!"

Mount up.   Pray for safe travels.
Keep on watch, keep ready to fire if things go south. Leave when it's time.
"Sounds good."

Double check the area with the cameye goggles vision modes, then retrieve the perimeter cameras. Make sure everything is packed up to go, help ferrying equipment up if need be and then head up the ladder after Milno has given the all clear.
If it fits, place the cooler and hard drive in a backpack and attach the briefcase to the outside of the bag or base of the ladder.

Otherwise, attach the cooler to the outside of a backpack. Empty my briefcase into the backpack.

Begin ascent with the backpack. Go as soon as everything is attached and Milno had given the all clear.

After Some customary paranoia and caution on the part of Milno, and some less customary flower picking in which he gathers several light purple flowers which were blooming in bare patches of the tall grass, the team climbs the ladder, gear in tow. After checking one last time that they didn't leave anything incriminating behind, Milno follows, climbing up the ladder and pulling it up after them. A few seconds later the ship closes it's rear hatch and rockets back into the sky, leaving nothing behind.

Ok, you're all back on ship. Hurry the heck up and get to the briefing room. GO GO GO GO.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]