Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 168567 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.
« Reply #1005 on: September 12, 2014, 03:03:28 pm »

"Considering I'm in low Kano orbit on the other side of the damn planet, I've got nothing. From my point of view, you're honestly better off staying out of it for now. If you really wanna help, pray or something."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 12, 2014, 04:05:38 pm »

"Any objections from command, or worried teammates, before i fire the burny stuff at our pursuers?"
((Again I have a +2, but I'm also missing an arm.))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 12, 2014, 06:23:02 pm »

"Any objections from command, or worried teammates, before i fire the burny stuff at our pursuers?"
"Poke your weapon out the holes so that you can't hit us "
Place people with body armour behind riot shields, if there are any more riot shields put them up in front of cracked ones, ensure that wounded are far from wall
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 12, 2014, 08:49:24 pm »

"All right then."
Fire the burny stuff off the back of the APC, take every precaution possible to avoid hitting our APC.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 12, 2014, 10:12:22 pm »

Give Jack said burny stuff (i.e. namite ammo for goop thrower) so that he can use it to fire at pursuers. If i can assist in some useful way do so, otherwise just hunker down.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 13, 2014, 02:01:30 am »

"All right then."
Fire the burny stuff off the back of the APC, take every precaution possible to avoid hitting our APC.
If there's another hole that I can see/aim out of, shoot my shotgun out the back of the APC.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1011 on: September 13, 2014, 11:11:51 am »

In that case, wait for pickup, and try and avoid hitting any satellites.

((Dang. Oh well.))
Slap a comcast one for me.

Oh man I haven't seen trees in forever.

Admire nature in my state of shock.
You suddenly realize the absolute fractal nature of life, then have a small stroke and forget it.

Figure out if I'm in the woods or the APC or what.
You're in a box, in the apc.

"Poke your weapon out the holes so that you can't hit us "
Place people with body armour behind riot shields, if there are any more riot shields put them up in front of cracked ones, ensure that wounded are far from wall
Well, I think most of the people with body armor are going up there of their own accord, but we'll assume you shove yttra up there. She's got some body armor. Though she strikes me as someone who would struggle. A lot.

"All right then."
If there's another hole that I can see/aim out of, shoot my shotgun out the back of the APC.
Give Jack said burny stuff (i.e. namite ammo for goop thrower) so that he can use it to fire at pursuers. If i can assist in some useful way do so, otherwise just hunker down.
"All right then."
Jack pulls aside one of the riot shields and jams the barrel of the namite thrower through the hole. After that there's not much else to do but just hold the trigger and start wiggling it back and forth like a homicidal sprinkler. Taddock shoulders in next to him and starts firing his shotgun out a nearby hole, pumping it against the jagged metal between shots.

After the namite canister is empty and the shotgun is spent, Jack yanks the gun back out of the hole and peeks through. There are no longer any cars behind them; though there is a lot of fire quickly fading into the distance as the APC speeds away.

"Looks like we're clear for now."

Can we assume the previous turn was a dynamic bonus?

Regardless of the above, just go full speed towards the APC. Land between it and the police cars. Brace.

You'll be up to them at the end of next turn. The helicopters will be following though.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1012 on: September 13, 2014, 11:44:10 am »

Is the APC close enough to the spaceport for me to do plan "Grab the APC and fly it to the spaceport" yet? If yes, do that.

Else, do an Immelmann turn (half-loop) so that I end up higher and facing towards the helicopters. Attempt to stay higher than they are and keep moving between them at high speeds, so as to make using their guns on me and acquiring a missile lock harder.

Try hitting their rotors or tails with the Mining Laser and Violet Mode to make them crash.

If they shoot missiles at me, use Indigo Mode and Mining Laser against them as a countermeasure while attempting to dodge.

If at any time the APC is ready to be evacuated, disengage and evacuate.

EDIT: If they are too many for the above tactic to work, then stay low, use the buildings for cover and take potshots at them while quickly moving between cover with rocket assisted jumps to avoid missile strikes.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:46:58 am by Parisbre56 »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 13, 2014, 01:08:50 pm »

Fistbump Jack. Reload. Poke my head out of the top hatch and be on the lookout for trouble.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 04:10:36 pm by Hapah »
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 13, 2014, 01:37:45 pm »

Sit down and wait for pickup.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 13, 2014, 02:17:13 pm »

Put down goop/namite thrower, fistbump Taddock, grab shotgun I hopefully strapped to my back.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 13, 2014, 04:22:46 pm »

"Good job guys. Now we just need to lose those helis, and we're in the clear. I don't think taking them down peacefully is an option now, so I'm afraid we'll just have to kick them till they leave. Unless any of you have any ideas on how to sneak away? If not,  Flint, you probably have the best tools for bringing the pain with you. I'm sorry for asking you this."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 13, 2014, 08:37:13 pm »

Punch Konrad. Goop him to the wall.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 03:17:26 am by yobbo »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 13, 2014, 10:14:21 pm »

Be very impressed by what that guy did. Decide not to jump out, just shoot at anything that shoots back at us.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 14, 2014, 03:02:00 am »

"GOOD JOB MEN!"
be ready to reinforce defensive line by ripping off pieces of apc armor that are too damaged to be useful and reinforcing the shields with them

Punch Konrad.
club back, harder
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 03:12:17 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 72