Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 171802 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation
« Reply #135 on: May 27, 2014, 10:27:22 pm »

"I'm armored fairly well, what with being a robot, the riot shield and a civic defender longcoat, so if you want to assign me to anyone particularly squishy, that'd be fine."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 27, 2014, 10:39:16 pm »

"I've got a robot body and a bulletproof vest, and I'm willing to work with anyone on this mission."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 27, 2014, 10:59:20 pm »

"I have no preference, except against guard duty."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2014, 11:12:38 pm »

grab a bullet proof vest
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2014, 11:20:50 pm »

Grab a flashbang or two, if i didn't get any before.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2014, 01:21:36 am »

I'd prefer combat duty, but I'll take up guard duty if I can use the machine gun.

((why is everyone so eager to go jump in an unsecured building during a firefight?))
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 01:48:57 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2014, 03:17:21 pm »

((why is everyone so eager to go jump in an unsecured building during a firefight?))
(("WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

I'll organize teams and give PW the goahead in a bit. We may have to skip the guard team, which should be mostly fine with our hired driver on hand.

Also, if anyone ends up injured but not incapacitated they're likely to end up on de facto guard duty.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2014, 03:21:44 pm »

(("WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

I'll organize teams and give PW the goahead in a bit. We may have to skip the guard team, which should be mostly fine with our hired driver on hand.

Also, if anyone ends up injured but not incapacitated they're likely to end up on de facto guard duty.))
Lets do this, and you can set up the teams now, as you move in.

The APC slows to a stop and the big, downward opening door swings open. Outside is a street, fairly narrow, with rows of tall, closely packed buildings on either side. Down the street a bit, at the corner, is the target. It's very similar to the buildings around it, save for the first floor which has clearly been renovated, and a large satellite dish on the roof.  The bottom floor diner has wide, open plateglass windows, and green painted walls. There's only one entrance, that you can see.  Inside, you can see rows of red upholstered booths next to the windows and a shiny, chrome center counter set back up against the wall, with the kitchen in the room behind it. A sign "The Shooting Star" hangs above the door and it seems mildly busy, with maybe a dozen people eating at the counter or the booths. The APC is parked about halfway up the block, so no one in the diner seems to have noticed it yet. The streets outside it have no foot traffic, but there are a few cars parked along the sidewalk, and the occasional driver heading one way or another.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2014, 04:15:59 pm »

"Alright, everyone out who's getting out.

Morul, you're with Yttra. Give her a chance to use that tranq pistol, eh?

Hasala, you're with Konrad. Konrad, you may wish to stop chewing on your laser rifle. You may even wish to never use your laser rifle. Sometimes we just have to embrace our limitations, and then either hide in a corner and squeak by while being useless or performing relatively menial tasks while better-suited people take care of the more obvious problems.

Taddok, you're with Kyle. Kyle, you're holding that shotgun backwards. Maybe you should rely sparingly on your amp instead.

Jack, you're with Lerman. If anyone's willing to loan Lerman a weapon that'd be swell. Otherwise I guess we have a pack mule.

Pancaek, you're on your own and loosely in charge on the ground. That satellite dish is making me nervous, so I'm going to hop onto the roof. I'd rather you stay behind as a heavy hitter and cameye for the rest, and I don't want to drag anyone squishy up there with me.

Everyone else, remember the plan. Go in, ask whoever appears to be in charge about their higher power or something. Whatever gets them talking or shooting. Try not to deliberately intimidate or bother the diners; they'll probably go quieter if they think you've got no beef with them in particular and just happen to be making a mess of their dining plans. On the other hand, there's a non-zero chance the diners are cultists or affected somehow, so don't let your guard down completely.

Good luck and don't panic."

Hop up to the rooftops out of sight of the diner if possible, wall-jump the street leading to it otherwise. Once up there, make my way to the hideout and scan the upper floors with infrared and X-ray vision; transmit to the others. Stay out of sight of anyone in the building if possible.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2014, 04:23:49 pm »

Kyle looks confusedly at his shotgun lacking hands.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2014, 04:28:56 pm »

"Got it. Let's go, Konrad."

Approach the diner. If the shooting starts, take cover and fire at hostiles with goop thrower.

Action from the last two turns that was glossed over:
(Maybe treat one of the turns as preparing a Con bonus for the goop thrower?)

What about the smoke grenades?
The nightstick is just a Strength roll, not an Uncon, right?

Check to make sure the namite thrower is loaded with Stick GoopTM and not namite. That would be bad. Also count how many Sticky GoopTM canisters I have.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 08:43:24 pm by swordsmith04 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2014, 04:32:38 pm »

Kyle looks confusedly at his shotgun lacking hands.
((Wiki says you have one. I wasn't paying attention to who grabbed what, so I decided to trust it. :x))

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2014, 05:01:27 pm »

((the wiki was last updated when we assumed everyone was getting the same gear i think. idiots in space isn't up to date and PW hasn't confirmed who got what… i'd update it but i'm not sure what people bought before coming, and i'm gonna be pretty busy for the next couple days))

"If this place has a kitchen it probably has a back door."

Yttra looks at Morul.

"Umm, wanna check it out?"

Memory goggles, huh. The one who's obviously been brainwiped. Does that mean they're on to me? Warnin me what happens if i don't do what they want? Or maybe it means they trust me, puttin me with the guy who's already done somethin they didn't like? $#@!! I dunno if this is good or bad. $#@!.

Yttra eyes Morul up with an obvious mixture of suspicion and confusion.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2014, 05:09:06 pm »

((Yeah, the wiki is out of date. I just went through and copied down the gear distribution. I'll copy it into the wiki in a second.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2014, 05:15:52 pm »

"PACK MULE? My Gungnir is a weapon, last time I checked!"

Equip my riot gear. Find a breaching position.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:31:47 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 72