Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 171418 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2014, 06:36:39 pm »

((It is? Didn't seem like that.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 06:38:28 pm »

((It is? Didn't seem like that.))
((Amps are surgically implanted into their user's brain, if Kyle didn't get it implanted, then it's going to be a bit of an issue. Manipulators are the ones people strap to their wrist.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 06:39:02 pm »

Kyle holds up the Amp.
"I was thinking of freezing slash boiling people alive."

((Amps are surgically implanted into the brain, and are unusable otherwise. Manipulators are what you carry in your hands, and they Unconventional instead of Exotic.))

"Of course not. But anyone with a gun presumably is, especially once we're through the diner. And if there's no artifact, there's something else for us to kill or capture.
And Miyamoto put me in charge, in a way. He wants to see how I do, though I've got no problem with stepping aside if one of you vets want to take the lead. I'm just trying to get us organized from the start."

"Oh hoh hoh. So the general too fat to fit through doors wants to see how you do, eh? Don't worry, I'll keep a good eye on how you do and report it to him then. By the way, what weapons do you. "

He points at hasala, then at Kyle
"you"
then at D'usse
"And you use?"

Hasala hefts the shotgun and Miyamoto's namite thrower. "I'll be using these. I also bought one of those microwave amplifiers, though that's for emergencies until I can get back to the ship and figure out what it's good for and how good I am at using it."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 06:39:45 pm »

((Oh! I got them confused then. Probably.))

EDIT:  ((I did get the amp. I do not know why it doesn't mention needing to be implanted in the description but now I think I'm screwed.))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 06:42:04 pm by kj1225 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2014, 06:41:56 pm »

((Oh! I got them confused then. Probably.))
((Kyle has an amp. I checked. He did install it, right? Otherwise, all he'll have is a plastic voucher...))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2014, 06:43:22 pm »

Kyle holds up the Amp.
"I was thinking of freezing slash boiling people alive."
Seeing the young man hold up seemingly nothing, Pan just scratched his pompom.

"Amp's eh? Listen, take it from an expert. Be really really frakking careful with that amp. Just try and boil, like, one foot diameter spheres in their center mass. No need to be fancy."

Hasala hefts the shotgun and Miyamoto's namite thrower. "I'll be using these. I also bought one of those microwave amplifiers, though that's for emergencies until I can get back to the ship and figure out what it's good for and how good I am at using it."
"Oh my god, you've got my baby! You better not frakking lose that namite thrower, or I'll rip off your limbs. As for the amp, just...try and use the thrower and the shotgun first? Maybe just the shotgun, because I kind of made namite to eat through our insulated suits. Can't even imagine what it'll do to flimsy buildings."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2014, 06:44:53 pm »

Kyle nods.
"I try not fighting in general."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2014, 06:47:56 pm »

"Don't worry, I'm guarding this thing with my life. And I don't have it to test how well it burns through buildings, Miyamoto modified it to also shoot some kind of sticky goop. Non-lethal, probably."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2014, 06:51:57 pm »

((Um, guys? Could you guys please check something? I just ran a keyword search and manual search of the on-ship thread, and judging by my results, I think Kyle never actually got an amp. He purchased it, got the plastic voucher, went to watch TV, got statis'd, exited, roleplayed and signed up for the mission, but I don't think he ever had it installed. Which means he may be currently equipped with a plastic voucher rather than an actual weapon.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2014, 06:52:20 pm »

Kyle nods.
"I try not fighting in general."
"A healthy attitude. Just try to sttay behind me or Faith. Or another teammate. Or a slab of concrete."

"Don't worry, I'm guarding this thing with my life. And I don't have it to test how well it burns through buildings, Miyamoto modified it to also shoot some kind of sticky goop. Non-lethal, probably."
"Goop? Well, that does sound like general shiny metal ass. Anyway, let's hear what faith thinks about your plan, eh? Then we can decide how to continue on from here."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2014, 06:52:38 pm »

Get out of the car, load up on Armor, Shotgun, and Grenades.

"It's weird being on the opposite side of things, I know we ain't the Feds, but this type of shit seems close. At least these fundie motherfuckers aren't anyone I know, so I can't feel too bad about blasting them."

"Uh... before we get to arguing can I get place with kitty over there? No offense to anyone but she doesn't look like the type to shoot me in the back and will probably need to be watched so cultists don't abuse her extra features."

"Why are you always talking about me like that? I got a name boy. And what are you talking about abusing extra features? What's your beef with me?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2014, 06:53:00 pm »

((Um, guys? Could you guys please check something? I just ran a keyword search and manual search of the on-ship thread, and judging by my results, I think Kyle never actually got an amp. He purchased it, got the plastic voucher, went to watch TV, got statis'd, exited, roleplayed and signed up for the mission, but I don't think he ever had it installed. Which means he may be currently equipped with a plastic voucher rather than an actual weapon.))
((... Fuck my bung hole.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2014, 06:53:40 pm »

"Yo, d'usse. What weapons do you use?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2014, 06:56:06 pm »

"It's not a 'beef'. I just happen to think that if I was fighting you I'd go for the most likely nerve packed ears and tail as well as using the tail to keep a good hold on you as I jab things into you."
Kyle says boredly.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2014, 06:56:16 pm »

((... Fuck my bung hole.))
(( I assume we'll wave that. The install is mostly for flavor anyway, it's not like Jim ever got some of his installed :P
Doesn't seem necessary to mess with someone for not following all the RP. ))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 72