Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 171850 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Wrong side of the Dakka
« Reply #330 on: June 16, 2014, 05:20:21 am »

"Alien fuckery!" Faith shouted over the comms as she rushed her attacker.

Rush wifebeater, break his arms.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 16, 2014, 06:37:10 am »

Seeing the door fall into small cubes and hearing faith shout about alien fuckery, Pan jumps into action

"Fethin' xenos, man."

Use mass amp on the woman and do the corkscrew manoeuvre, decapitating her. Afterwards, if the the man hasn't been succesfulyl dealt with by faith, do the same on him. Be ready to dodge back at all times should they start attacking me. I'd like to point out that I should have 30 willpower now, though IdiotsInspace still says 22. I'll update it on my sheet in the wiki, eventually
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 09:24:31 am by Pancaek »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 16, 2014, 03:06:13 pm »

"Watch out, they've got access to burnout amps. They're apparently easier to use, but actively damage brain tissue."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 17, 2014, 02:23:48 am »

"Run away!"
tactical retreat from frontline with weird people
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #334 on: June 17, 2014, 08:39:30 am »

Change radio to music. Bolt out of the APC, grab my shield, then run back into the APC.
You change the radio station. The driver changes it back. You glare at the driver. He glares back at you. Surely this shall be a be a battle of wits for the ages.

OH and you get your shield.

Alright. First one-story building across the street, whatever it is. Run over there, bust down the door, fire shotgun into ceiling. Command everyone to get down, anyone who doesn't comply has their jaw introduced to the shotgun's butt. Take everyone in this building hostage. This'll be phase one of the plan.

"I'm moving. Get the hostages back in the restaurant ready for movement, leave the unconscious ones here."
You charge across the street, kick in the door of the nearest one story building, and fire your shotgun into the ceiling. The occupants of the building, all seemingly sitting in a large single room at cheap looking desks, look up with a start, some screaming.

"LISTEN UP YOU MOTHERFUCKING BAKA-FACES! YOUR ASSES NOW BELONG TO ME! HANDS IN THE AIR, PANTS AROUND YOUR ANKLES, LETS MAKE THIS A QUALITY SLEEPOVER!"

Your nose starts bleeding.

"NOW. WHERE THE FUCK AM I?"

One of the hostages says something in a scared, quiet voice.

"SPEAK UP SON, I'M EXTREMELY ANIME!"

"Freeman's Bail Bonds." He repeats.

"WELL FUCKING NYAAAAAN~ TO THAT. I MIGHT HAVE TO USE YOUR SERVICES AFTER THIS. THAT WORKS OUT JUST PERFECTLY."

Yttra examines her gut patchup job.

Huh. That kinda worked? I'm a *&^%ing nurse. Ha!

@Team: "Hey. Umm, anyone wanna help move these two back to the APC?" she says to the team in general, completely ignorant of the fight going on upstairs and the abyssal blackness problem downstairs.

She then looks at Taddock, flopping his arm up and down in front of her like some sort of wet noodle, and almost throws up again.

@Taddock: "*&^% doesn't that *&^%ing hurt!?"

*&^%, don't gotta be a nurse to know that $#@! ain't good.

Take spare plastic wrap and any remaining strips of chef's clothing. Go get some zipties. See if i can find something that could be used as a makeshift splint. Think about how i could apply these to Taddock's arm to make it less floppy (charge med bonus).

If there's room for another minor action, briefly check how dead Hasala is on the way past.

You gather up some zipties, a long handled wooden spoon, and the rest of your supplies from the other surgery. That done, you check on Hasala. He's proper dead, the round punched straight through both lungs and tore off the bottom of his heart. He was probably unconscious before he even hit the ground and dead a few moments after that.

"Right, I'm going in. Whatever happens next, do not follow me, under any circumstance. In fact, shut the trap behind me, and if anything come out of the trap, get ready to shoot it, even if it looks like me. You got all that?"

Enter the abyss. Make sure they close the trapdoor behind me.
You climb down onto the ladder and wait as they close the door after you. Once it has been closed, you start down the ladder. Passing through the blackness is an odd sensation, a feeling of cold and vertigo, disorientation that leaves you unsure if you're climbing up or down any more. Eventually, after you've been climbing for what feels like several minutes, the feeling passes and you find yourself standing in a large drainage tunnel, a brickwork ovoid passage with a stream of grayish water flowing knee deep through it. You, however, are not in that water. The ladder lets you down on a wooden walkway which follows the right side of the tunnel off into the distance, around a bend in the tunnel maybe thirty feet away.

"I don't like it, but I'll follow those orders."
Close the hatch after him.
You close and lock the door as soon as Morul is safely inside.

"Run away!"
tactical retreat from frontline with weird people

Your arm suddenly begins moving of it's own accord: it drops your shield, grabs the nightstick from your belt and promptly cracks you in the back of the knee. You drop to the ground, forced to your knees by the blow. The woman is on you in an instant, wrapping herself around you in a full body embrace. And then she's gone. Your body jerks back up into the air, like a puppet on strings, and draws your laser rifle.

"HELP! HELP! I'M BEING PSYCHICALLY OPPRESSED!"

"Alien fuckery!" Faith shouted over the comms as she rushed her attacker.

Rush wifebeater, break his arms.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Faith pops back up, leans slightly to the left, and then vanishes, leaving nothing more then pulped wood and a burst of dust where she used to be. Her progress across the room can be tracked only by the impact craters of her feet; three distinct steps, one of which is on a nearby wall. When she reappears an instant later, behind the man, she's already in the middle of a round house kick. The blow sends the man cartwheeling away,  smashing through dividing curtains and into the far wall like meaty cannon ball.

Faith stands up, smiles for a moment and then staggers. Her legs are both shaking, suddenly weak.

Seeing the door fall into small cubes and hearing faith shout about alien fuckery, Pan jumps into action

"Fethin' xenos, man."

Use mass amp on the woman and do the corkscrew manoeuvre, decapitating her. Afterwards, if the the man hasn't been succesfulyl dealt with by faith, do the same on him. Be ready to dodge back at all times should they start attacking me. I'd like to point out that I should have 30 willpower now, though IdiotsInspace still says 22. I'll update it on my sheet in the wiki, eventually
You charge up into the room. You see Faith round house kick a man across the room, and you see Konrad pulling is laser rifle out, but you don't see anyone else.

Hustle upstairs. If there's trouble take the best shot I have with the shotgun.
You run up right behind Pancaek, waving your shotgun around with one hand.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 17, 2014, 10:04:55 am »

Situation...normal?

Go back downstairs to get amazing wooden spoon arm splint.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 17, 2014, 03:09:05 pm »

'Alright, can you guys hear me? I'm in some sort of drainage tunnel, or maybe a sewer. Got a bend in the tunnel about thirty meters in front of me."

Check behind me, then slowly advance down the tunnel, and peer around the corner.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 17, 2014, 05:27:32 pm »

((D'usse doesn't have a shotgun, at the moment.))
((let's say she borrowed Yttra's, she's busy playing nurse anyway))

Use med bonus to splint Taddok's arm with the wooden spoon, zipties, plastic wrap and cloth if necessary.

If for whatever reason that doesn't work, just tie his arm to his body in a crude sling made of ripped clothes and plastic wrap.

(also retroactively have given D'usse my shotgun for hostage-taking purposes)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 10:44:57 pm by yobbo »

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 17, 2014, 06:03:34 pm »

Figure out how to best fire the shotgun with one arm, (Con bonus).  If I can hear Morul say the following,  "Yeah, I hear you."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 17, 2014, 06:09:05 pm »

((PW writing about gangster catgirls is the best thing ever. I demand a new forum game.))

Faith looked wildly around her for a moment, trying to figure out what had just happened, before remembering Headless.

"Craaaaaaaap, headless psychic and bodysnatcher! Third one's in the sheets somewhere!"

Scurry at Konrad using just my arms (you know, like a native of this building), then pry his rifle out of his hands.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 17, 2014, 06:47:41 pm »

Engage in epic change radio station battle. Keep eyes open for cops.

"...Can I come out yet?"
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 10:21:55 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 17, 2014, 08:47:54 pm »

D'usse snorts the blood back into her nose. "ALRIGHT! ALLONS!"

Restrain everyone in the little bonds building, keep the shotgun propped up in case they start acting funny. Afterwards, run back to the restaurant, and move all of the conscious restaurant hostages at gunpoint over to the Bonds building.

"Ayyo' team, I've secured the bonds building. Everyone busy?"

((I think I cleared that up before. Maybe the wiki's not updated?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 17, 2014, 09:32:46 pm »

((I think I cleared that up before. Maybe the wiki's not updated?))

((No, the wiki's accurate. I just went through the thread again to check, and D'usse is never given a shotgun. Maybe you're confusing it with the vest Pancaek gave her?
Anyway, if yobbo makes Yttra's retroactive shotgun lending an action, it's moot. I'm just trying to keep accurate notes. :P))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation
« Reply #344 on: June 17, 2014, 09:55:49 pm »

Get out of the car, load up on Armor, Shotgun, and Grenades.

((Dis good nuff right ere))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 72