Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 171766 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Wrong side of the Dakka
« Reply #390 on: June 26, 2014, 12:32:43 pm »

Use the mass amp to pick up Scuba Man's discarded tank, and smash Bandages in the head with it.

((Hrmm. Dice failure, or amp protection?))
You psychically whip the tank into the bandaged man's head. It clanks off with a distressing wet crack and his head goes limp and floppy on his broken neck. That doesn't stop him from continuing to advance though, in fact, he's now jogging towards you. You hear a sloshing sound behind you and spin around to see the water behind you distorting and moving in an entirely unnatural way. It flows up into the air, coils up with visible force, and then sprays towards you in a needle thin stream.

You duck under the stream and it slices clean through the brick above your head. The mound of water bristles and twitches, swelling in several places.

"You know, if I wasn't sure something nasty would come out the moment I turn my back, I'd head upstairs."
Keep guarding
[Guarding Intensifies]
Interrogate hostages.

"So, any of you read any good books recently?"
"what?"

"WHAT PLANET YOU FROM?!"

"What?!"

"WHAT AIN'T NO PLANET I EVER HEARD OF. THEY READ BOOKS ON WHAT?"

"What?!"

"BOOKS MOTHER FUCKER, DO YOU READ THEM?!"

"YES!"

"GOOD, THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE A MOTHER FUCKING ANSWER TO MY QUESTION."

"What?!"

You press your shotgun to his head. "SAY WHAT AGAIN, SAY WHAT AGAIN. I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DARE YOU, SAY WHAT AGAIN!"

"CITIZEN OF THE GALAXY!"

You purse your lips and squint at him, finger tensing on the trigger. Then you pull the rifle away and rest it on your shoulder.

"Yeah, that's a pretty good one. Prefer Moon is a harsh mistress myself, but to each their own."

Find out who the bad guys are. Lase Konrad!

Use dynamic con bonus to goop Konrad, aiming to immobilize. Also goop any teammate who is attacking another teammate. Hell, gooping everybody would be fine. Except Pancaek. Try not to goop Pancaek.
Grab Konrad's arms, but avoid letting him grab me if at all possible.
Stand back and let everyone else do their thing. If everyone fails to restrain Konrad, lift him into the air by his legs. Should the weird woman that possesed him reappear, heat a 1 foot sphere 100 degrees on her head.
I've had just about enough of this shit.

If it looks like Konrad is going to make it to Faith before anyone else can stop him, try to cripple his legs with the shotgun. If he does get stopped, engage any enemy combatants that enter the room.
(There's no small amount of irony here that Faith's Dex score is what let her go first.)
Faith grabs Konrad's arms just above the wrists. Both of them freeze.

An instant later a wave of rapidly expanding goop slams into Konrad, knocking him sideways and pinning him to the ground as it expands and hardens.  Faith remains standing there for a few more seconds before straightening up and whipping out her amp studded club.

"I probably shouldn't have touched him at all." She says, "I'd run if I were you."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 26, 2014, 02:08:21 pm »

((PTW here too. TCM is best hostage-keeper))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 26, 2014, 02:55:51 pm »

"Alright motherfucker, now you die."

Create a one meter circle of force above where I think Scuba man is, and smack the water with it. Hard.

((Water is incompressible, so if I create a large enough pressure wave, it'll pulp Scuba man.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 26, 2014, 05:25:16 pm »

"Well, it was nice knowin ya all."

Goop Faith.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 26, 2014, 06:06:26 pm »

"I have no idea what's going on!"

When in doubt, electrocute teammates. Namely Faith.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 02:43:02 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 26, 2014, 08:29:21 pm »

((This is exactly what I was afraid of. Oh well~))

"You guys need to disable me or get out now."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 26, 2014, 08:33:38 pm »

Continue being a good guard.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 26, 2014, 10:15:40 pm »

"I hate you all"
try and escape from goo then escape from house then hide in APC
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 27, 2014, 06:55:56 pm »

"Steve, I hope you can hear me, because I really need you to shock Faith into unconsciousness right now. It seems alien fuckery has gotten control over her body"

Take a step back, attempt to contact steve to use Faith's shock implant. Try to use mass amp to lock her arms and the club in place, so that they are unable to be moved.. Should this not work and she gets to attack: evade, send a large blast of force her way to knock her back with amp and leg it out of there.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 29, 2014, 12:34:30 pm »

Retreat down the stairs.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #400 on: June 29, 2014, 02:22:32 pm »

"Alright motherfucker, now you die."

Create a one meter circle of force above where I think Scuba man is, and smack the water with it. Hard.

((Water is incompressible, so if I create a large enough pressure wave, it'll pulp Scuba man.))
You smash the swelling ball of water, or at least disrupt it enough so it can't attack this turn, but the ball immediately begins to reform, and the man with the bandages has turned the corner and got you in his sights.

You dodge as best you can on the small walkway, knowing you can't hurl yourself into the water unless you want it to shred you apart. The rifle emits a thick beam of what appears to be swirling greenish light with a cloudy black shell around it. The shot clips you in the ribs and you instantly feel as though someone has smacked you with a ball of razorblades. The horrible pain remains and begins to radiate out, crawling across your ribs.

"I hate you all"
try and escape from goo then escape from house then hide in APC
Nah, this is some good goo, man. Like, some really good goo. You ain't going nowhere friend. Nowhere no how.

Continue being a good guard.
Guarding continues to intensify.

"Well, it was nice knowin ya all."

Goop Faith.
"I have no idea what's going on!"

When in doubt, electrocute teammates. Namely Faith.
"Steve, I hope you can hear me, because I really need you to shock Faith into unconsciousness right now. It seems alien fuckery has gotten control over her body"

Take a step back, attempt to contact steve to use Faith's shock implant. Try to use mass amp to lock her arms and the club in place, so that they are unable to be moved.. Should this not work and she gets to attack: evade, send a large blast of force her way to knock her back with amp and leg it out of there.
Retreat down the stairs.
I rolled your dex's all at once you know, order that I quoted you with faith in last, since she's basically an NPC at this point. She has a +2 dex naturally.

She also has +2 Uncon.

Faith is a white blur, an alabaster cannon ball which shreds the wood floor in its wake. She's amongst the team before they can even move, her bat swinging in a lazy, subsonic arc, the kinetic amps not even active.The blunt metal club catches Lerman at the knees sheers them both off, sending him cartwheeling into the ceiling and across the room.

Pancaek begins shouting into his coms about whats going on but barely gets "SHOCK FAITH!" out before the club is swinging his way, the Amps active this time. He can't dodge, so he does the only thing he can: he grabs her hands tries to lessen the blow and push it down into the ground. The shockwave that comes is surprisingly directed and confined, a pulse that eradicates Pancaek's legs, his left at the hip, right just above the knee, and the wood he's standing on. Oddly, the pulse, after blowing a hole in the floor, just vanishes, dissipating instantly into nothing. Pancaek drops through the hole in the floor and finds himself in the kitchen, with a very startled teammate staring at him.

Faith watches Pancaek fall and then is turning toward the others when a wad of goop catches her in the foot, and then another slams into her hand and pins it to her torso and a third catches her in the face.  Of the remaining two teammates, one is sprinting back down stairs white the other is firing goop as fast as the gun will let her.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 29, 2014, 03:20:59 pm »

Crush Bandages against the side of the tunnel.

((Full robot, don't feel pain.))
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 03:25:12 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 29, 2014, 05:07:18 pm »

Put my faith in the goop and goop all the Faith. With all the goop. If there's any chance of a last-ditch adrenalin burst magically giving me plusses, go berserk.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 29, 2014, 08:37:52 pm »

"You girls call that breaking my legs off?!"

Drag myself over to my robot half-legs, and repair (Handiwork) them back on.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 08:39:52 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 29, 2014, 08:50:10 pm »

D'usse hears commotion over on the other side of the street. "Y'all simmer down."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 72