Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 171714 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Wrong side of the Dakka
« Reply #435 on: July 06, 2014, 05:27:00 pm »

((That's no excuse for not being a team player.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 06, 2014, 08:37:32 pm »

Shuffle back upstairs. Figure out what the evac procedure is.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 06, 2014, 08:38:47 pm »

((Run like cheap paint?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 06, 2014, 08:44:28 pm »

((Curl into a corner and cry until a more experienced teammate gets you out?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 06, 2014, 08:54:00 pm »

((Beat a hostage to death from the comfort of the other building?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #440 on: July 07, 2014, 10:00:08 am »

"SHIT!"

Use my amp to toss the rifle away from me, making sure it doesn't land near bandages or Scubaman. Then yank sucbaman out of his bubble, and hurl him into the wall with the door. If he moves to get to the water, tackle him, and make sure he doesn't reach it.

((You still want that rifle Unholy?))
You manage to yank the rifle out of your own hands and hurl it across the room. Then, perhaps caught up in the rush of actually being successful, grab scuba, pluck him out of the water and hurl him against a wall hard enough to leave a red starburst pattern.

You then collapse to the ground, fingers clawing at your chest with a combination of pain from the still expanding black green damage and the fact that you feel like your brain is on fire.

"Time to make do."

Back up the stairs, find what I am shooting next.
You leave the APC and walk back upstairs, looking for something to shoot. You tactfully decide not to shoot your teammates this time.

Wake up?
You wake up, though the only way you're really sure you're awake is that everything hurts. You feel like you're contained in some sort of black void, like you accidentally found yourself in the S&M club when the power went out. Cameyes don't show anything, and the only thing you can feel is that niggling soreness which is the most pain the synthflesh allows you to feel.

D'usse pulls her breastplate back on. "That's why abstinence is the only answer ever, chinennes."

Embrace inner cat.
You go over to one of their desks and attempt to lay down across their keyboard. You lay down, stretch, accidentally roll sideways and fall off. You immediately pop back onto your feet and saunter around with a pleased look on your face, as though you totally meant to do that.

Wait in APC for teammates
Waiting in the APC, acting like an NPC.

"Okay, Jack, go around her and grab her hands. Hold them behind her back and for the love of the pantheon don't let go of them. Also, scream if you feel yourself being controlled.

Hey Steve, you can stop zapping Faith if you haven't done so by now.""

"Oh yeah, let's have someone else touch her, great idea."

Keep holding her hands behind her back and order Alarith's character to go and grab her hands behind her back. Once Jack has grabbed faith's hands, stop using my amp. Observe results.

If Faith starts moving again, hold her hands behind her back with my amp once more

If nothing seems to happen, sigh a mental sigh of relief and look around for Faith's club, grab it if I can see it, use amp if I can't reach.

Faith is entombed in a highly dense foam sphere. How ya gonna get someone to grab her hands?

Shuffle back upstairs. Figure out what the evac procedure is.

With your shield, or on it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 07, 2014, 10:05:22 am »

"Owwwwww..."

Try saying something over comms, see if there's any response. See if I'm capable of movement, or at least figure out how much of myself I can feel hurting.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 07, 2014, 02:51:46 pm »

"Ugghhhhh.. time to go...."

Get up, and make sure scuba man is dead. If he isn't, forcefully apply my baton until he is. Then head back to the hatch, and knock.

((Daaaamn.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 07, 2014, 03:35:55 pm »

Continue looking for things to shoot.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 07, 2014, 05:16:17 pm »

Reload the goop thrower.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 07, 2014, 10:31:04 pm »

Make sure the rest of the room is clear; check behind all the sheets. Try to locate a door/stair/ladder to get further upstairs, but don't go up. If I see anyone I don't recognize, shoot.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 07, 2014, 10:39:41 pm »

Utilize keyboard to go onto Internet. Be Internet cat.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 08, 2014, 04:17:09 pm »

"Faith, can you hear me?"

If I can release my amp-grip without them being able to get from behind her back, do so and search for her club.

If I'm not sure that is possible, do not release hold and try to communicate with faith via comms

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #448 on: July 09, 2014, 11:04:41 am »

"Owwwwww..."

Try saying something over comms, see if there's any response. See if I'm capable of movement, or at least figure out how much of myself I can feel hurting.
You can still speak, or at least think, over the coms. You're pretty sure you're still in one piece, you feel like it at least. Unless you've got a wicked case of phantom "everything hurts" limb syndrome.

You can wiggle a little bit but whatever is holding you is very tightly holding your arms behind your back, while something a little less forceful is holding the rest of you. Hm.

"Ugghhhhh.. time to go...."

Get up, and make sure scuba man is dead. If he isn't, forcefully apply my baton until he is. Then head back to the hatch, and knock.

((Daaaamn.))
You drag yourself over to the scuba man, not easy considering your left arm is rapidly going numb...or more realistically just not obeying you since it still hurts like crazy. But you manage to get over to scuba and bash him in the head a few times. He doesn't move. Good.

You drag yourself back to the ladder and manage to get up using only one hand, though you have to keep stopping to breathe every few rungs. You get up into the strange darkness and it gets 10 times worse, your sense of direction wavering wildly. You cling to the ladder to stop from falling up and off the planet, and finally reach the hatch, banging your helmet against it. With your eyes still closed and both legs entwined around the ladder, you knock several times with your good hand and wait.

Continue looking for things to shoot.
Nothing yet.

This probably means the rest of the x(eno)-men have gone and holed up on the next floor. Great.

Reload the goop thrower.
You reload the goop thrower, tossing the expended tank into a corner of the APC, over next to the dead guy and the dying guy.

Make sure the rest of the room is clear; check behind all the sheets. Try to locate a door/stair/ladder to get further upstairs, but don't go up. If I see anyone I don't recognize, shoot.
You sweep the rest of the room quickly, tearing down the sheets as you go and looking under beds and behind debris. Nothing. The door to the next level is on the far wall, and it's just as big and intimidating as the one to this one. But it looks to have a key hole, just like that last one, and there's probably a key that fits it on that keyring stolen from the Cook.

Utilize keyboard to go onto Internet. Be Internet cat.

It was inevitable.

"Faith, can you hear me?"

If I can release my amp-grip without them being able to get from behind her back, do so and search for her club.

If I'm not sure that is possible, do not release hold and try to communicate with faith via comms

Tomato pancaek? Yick.

You're not sure you can release your grip and it will still hold her arms tightly. The foam will probably still hold them, but if faith gets it in her head to stretch or try to escape on her own, you doubt the foam will stop her for long.

You can communicate with her though, the foam isn't blocking your signals.

You can only keep this up for 1, maybe two more turns though.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 09, 2014, 11:55:56 am »

Tomato pancaek? Yick.
((It was the first colour I could find that wasn't already used and I could easily remember. I'll probably change later when I find an IC reason to, because it's not exactly the best colour. I'm kind of growing to like it, though))

"Faith? Can you hear me? Whatever you do, don't struggle against my hold on your arms. It's vitally important to my health that you keep your hands behind your back. It seems the possessor-banshee can't gain control when your hands are behind your back. Also, I kind of put you in a sphere of fam and debris. And more bad news, my brain is starting to hurt, so I can't keep this up much longer. We'll need to find a way to secure your hands behind your back, fast"
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 72