Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 171769 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Wrong side of the Dakka
« Reply #450 on: July 09, 2014, 02:52:46 pm »

"Fuck. Alright, I don't know if you can hear this, but can someone open the hatch, or at least unlock it? I know I said not to, but just do it."

Keep knocking, and get out if the hatch opens. Charge an exo bonus.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 09, 2014, 03:34:30 pm »

"Faith? Can you hear me? Whatever you do, don't struggle against my hold on your arms. It's vitally important to my health that you keep your hands behind your back. It seems the possessor-banshee can't gain control when your hands are behind your back. Also, I kind of put you in a sphere of fam and debris. And more bad news, my brain is starting to hurt, so I can't keep this up much longer. We'll need to find a way to secure your hands behind your back, fast"
"Yeah. Got it. Damn it. Metal? Some kind of harness out of... barstools or car doors maybe?

Damn it."

Keep arms behind back at all costs, be prize ball egg thing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 09, 2014, 04:39:23 pm »

Carefully examine the goop thrower. Does it have any extra functions? Or just a "squirt" trigger?

Maybe it vibrates.

Yttra snorts.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 09, 2014, 08:43:03 pm »

Lerman waves to Faith.

"Hello, fellow teamkiller!"

Can I shoot through the floor with laser to the next level? If so, do so. Otherwise, scavenge weapons off of corpses.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 11:14:36 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 09, 2014, 11:13:19 pm »

Prepare lunch for the hostages.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 10, 2014, 03:13:25 am »

Get out of APC and go back into diner radio faith and ask for instructions  EDIT: FOLLOW ORDERS ONCE GIVEN
Quote from: @Faith
Orders?

« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:07:19 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 10, 2014, 09:41:19 am »

Get out of APC and go back into diner radio faith and ask for instructions
Orders?
"Uh

Get a head count of everyone if you could. Everyone's dead or missing limbs, and I'm stuck in a ball so I can't count how much of a team we've got left. While you're at it, get an ETA from Steve on those police. This might turn messy real quick; I probably won't be able to handle them and Pancaek might be low on juice, so it could turn into a traditional firefight.

And see if Morul or Drusse are back. One went into the lower hatch alone, the other was messing with the hostages."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 10, 2014, 11:05:40 pm »

Orders?
"Uh

Get a head count of everyone if you could. Everyone's dead or missing limbs, and I'm stuck in a ball so I can't count how much of a team we've got left. While you're at it, get an ETA from Steve on those police. This might turn messy real quick; I probably won't be able to handle them and Pancaek might be low on juice, so it could turn into a traditional firefight.

And see if Morul or Drusse are back. One went into the lower hatch alone, the other was messing with the hostages."
Um, we didn't take hostages here so I thought you should know that D'usse has probably disappeared and possibly taken other people hostage.

FOLLOW FAITH'S ORDERS
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 11, 2014, 06:17:24 am »

"Kay, just keep your hands behind your back, I'll dig you out and grab them and then we can both go and look for something to tie them up. You can help wiggle your way out when I've grabbed your hands. Do you feel any presence by the way? That possessor-banshee should still be inside of you."

Scuttle towards the foam ball, dig a hole to Faith's hands, then grab her hads together behind her back and release my amp-grip when I've grabbed them. Then use free hand to break up the rest of the foam ball, ask Faith to wiggle her legs or something to help with this.

After she is out, look for something sturdy to tie them behind her back and do so. Then look for the amp-studded club

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 11, 2014, 10:02:38 am »

Um, we didn't take hostages here so I thought you should know that D'usse has probably disappeared and possibly taken other people hostage.
Faith made some sort of distressed coughing noise.

"Th-Thank you, we'll... have something else to deal with, now."

"Kay, just keep your hands behind your back, I'll dig you out and grab them and then we can both go and look for something to tie them up. You can help wiggle your way out when I've grabbed your hands. Do you feel any presence by the way? That possessor-banshee should still be inside of you."
"No, and I can still feel my arms. They hurt, or as close as they can to hurt. Everything does."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #460 on: July 11, 2014, 11:24:52 am »

Tomato pancaek? Yick.
((It was the first colour I could find that wasn't already used and I could easily remember. I'll probably change later when I find an IC reason to, because it's not exactly the best colour. I'm kind of growing to like it, though))

"Faith? Can you hear me? Whatever you do, don't struggle against my hold on your arms. It's vitally important to my health that you keep your hands behind your back. It seems the possessor-banshee can't gain control when your hands are behind your back. Also, I kind of put you in a sphere of fam and debris. And more bad news, my brain is starting to hurt, so I can't keep this up much longer. We'll need to find a way to secure your hands behind your back, fast"
I was more making a joke that a tomato pancake would taste bad.

"Fuck. Alright, I don't know if you can hear this, but can someone open the hatch, or at least unlock it? I know I said not to, but just do it."

Keep knocking, and get out if the hatch opens. Charge an exo bonus.
Bang
"HELP"
Bang
"HLEP"
Bang
"HPEL"
Bang
"OPEN THE FUCKING HATCH!"

"Yeah. Got it. Damn it. Metal? Some kind of harness out of... barstools or car doors maybe?

Damn it."

Keep arms behind back at all costs, be prize ball egg thing.
You clasp your fingers together and try to make your shoulders touch. It's uncomfortable, but it's safe.

Carefully examine the goop thrower. Does it have any extra functions? Or just a "squirt" trigger?

Maybe it vibrates.

Yttra snorts.
There are no extra functions built in that I remember radio adding. If this is incorrect, someone kick my braincase and remind me.

And it does vibrate, but only when you're very cold.

Lerman waves to Faith.

"Hello, fellow teamkiller!"

Can I shoot through the floor with laser to the next level? If so, do so. Otherwise, scavenge weapons off of corpses.
You can try, I can't say if it will work or not.

What weapons? You were attacked by 3 mutants; one of which faith vaporized and the other of which is currently in faith. Or dead. Or something inbetween. Hard to say.

Prepare lunch for the hostages.
Not a lot of food around here. Unless you wanna order out using the computer.

Orders?

"Uh

FOLLOW FAITH'S ORDERS
You run around, doing a quick head count in the APC and the building itself. While you're in the kitchen you let Morul out of the basement.

Dead: Hasala
Deadish: Kyle
Mangled: Jack, Pancaek, Lerman
Injured:Morul(?), Taddock
Seemingly ok: Faith, Yourself
Missing: D'usse

"Hey steve, got an ETA on the police"

>Tracking them. about 4-6 minutes depending on traffic and how eager they are. Armored van and several normal vehicles. Heat signatures indicate between 15 and 25 individuals, hard to say.

You radio all this to Faith, and let her know about D'usse's hostage situation.

Scuttle towards the foam ball, dig a hole to Faith's hands, then grab her hads together behind her back and release my amp-grip when I've grabbed them. Then use free hand to break up the rest of the foam ball, ask Faith to wiggle her legs or something to help with this.

After she is out, look for something sturdy to tie them behind her back and do so. Then look for the amp-studded club

With faith's help (and the de-gooper that Yttra helpfully volunteers) you mange to get faith free and then wrap her hands in successive layers of metal bars ripped from the cots. Individually they're pretty weak, but you cocoon her damn hands in them. It won't stop a serious effort to get free, but it should hold them against any accidental movement.

About 4 minutes remain till steve predicted the cops would show up.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #461 on: July 11, 2014, 11:51:49 am »

"Alright, cops are nearly here. I can't really deal with them without risking the arm thing, so it's pretty much either Pancaek or a more traditional response. Or an elaborate system of mirrors allowing me to use a manipulator with my hands behind my back.

So, how you feeling, Pancaek? Can you handle 15-25 soldier wannabes?"

Go wander over to the hatch, hoping Morul's alright while knowing he's probably fucked. If I hear him banging away down there, unlock it with my toes. Or puppet an ally into doing so.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 06:21:35 pm by IronyOwl »

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 11, 2014, 01:50:58 pm »

((Hey I've got internet again :)))
"Hey, is that someone at the hatch I hear?  I'll see if I can help him.  Oh hey, you made it."
Go open up the hatch then Keep the shotgun pointed towards Morul as his earlier orders stated.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 11:06:10 pm by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 11, 2014, 03:13:36 pm »

"Well, I've got no legs and my brain is hurting because I had to stop someone from murdering all of us. I don't think I can take them all on. Give me a few minutes to recover and I'll do my best to fry as many of them as I can, though.

Are we going to try to go all the way up? Because there's really not many of us left."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 11, 2014, 06:15:04 pm »

"I think I might have a way to deal with the police without getting into a firefight, although it's really iffy, and can just as easily backfire. Permission to go ahead with it?"

((I'm already free guys. Corsair's char let me out.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 72