Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 171694 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #615 on: July 24, 2014, 09:21:25 pm »

"Well, according to Steve, Faith is still possessed and moving somewhere underground. I think she might be tunneling for the diner's basement.
And Morul just... vanished. Don't know what happened to him."

After hearing Miya's ideas, Feyri voiced her intent over the squad/team comms.

Hold all orders and ponder this: Redirect Cecil and whoever has a kinetic amp to create siesmic shockwaves through the ground. Punch it.

That will at least slow down Faith until we can get the APC moving. Why isn't anyone driving the vehicle anyway?

Flint--I'll be providing suppressive fire along with coordinating my MKIII if needed. Are you en route to the position?

((Oh, right, forgot to post an action, thanks for reminding me.))

"Yes I'm on my way to the roof now. I'll stay here and keep a lookout. If your team encounters problems down at the basement, tell me and I'll come help. Me and Pancaek will do our best to assist."

Make my way to the roof of the diner. Stand there and scan the area with cameyes. Anything interesting in the surrounding area?

Can I see anybody approaching with the cameyes' zoom function?

If Steve can give me Faith's exact location and I can reach it, then prepare to dive and amp punch it from above. Also warn all teammates to get out of the way.

Else if the above is not possible and nothing hostile pops out this turn, take aim with the Rainbow Cannon and prepare to lay some Yellow mines on the road leading to the diner that the APC did not take and that Faith didn't destroy.

I'm assuming the diner looks something like this:

Spoiler: ASCII map (click to show/hide)
Is this correct?

((And someone update the wiki with the following please:
Spoiler: Team 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team 3 (click to show/hide)
I'd do it myself but whoever is updating it is doing a very good job and I don't want to mess with their layout.))
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 10:09:12 am by Parisbre56 »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 24, 2014, 09:40:05 pm »

@TCM-
"How are you cat lady? Where are you from?"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 25, 2014, 01:38:45 am »

((Shit. Where was the info on what was in the box Flint had? Anything I should grab?))

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 25, 2014, 01:43:42 am »

Did that guy just say my name?

$#@! now this other guy said my name. *&^% he's giving me orders.

Guess i'll just keep doin what i'm doin. Close enough, right?

I wonder who "Knight" is.

Yttra pictures something wildly, wildly incorrect.

I wonder what's in the box.

Keep standing with back to the wall. Watch the door to upstairs, unless something more interesting happens. Stay tense (maintain dex bonus).

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 25, 2014, 05:07:50 am »

"No objections here, old man. Go for it. Just try not to drop me, my day has been shitty enough as it stands."

Hang on to Gilgamesh as we make our way to the top of the building. Look around for hostiles when we're there, try and get a feed from Flint's cameyes as well. Charge a WILL bonus

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 25, 2014, 08:56:31 am »

Understood, I will try to do my best. Team Three, let's enter the diner. Try to not touch anything there. If possessed Faith is coming here, there must be something bad around. Steve, can you give me the location of Faith right now?

Go to the diner and wait for team to get there to advance into the basement. Be ready for any incoming attack.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #621 on: July 25, 2014, 10:14:40 am »

"No objections here, old man. Go for it. Just try not to drop me, my day has been shitty enough as it stands."
"Well, I'd tie you on me, but I want you to be able to move out of the way if necessary. You can slip into my backpack if you want. It'll be like the mommy robot carrying the baby, hehehe."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 25, 2014, 10:40:42 am »

"Rodger."

Go join team in Diner.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 25, 2014, 07:12:58 pm »

As soon as Cecil gets into the diner and hears his orders, he asks Feyri,

You want me to punch the ground?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 25, 2014, 10:50:26 pm »

@TCM-
"How are you cat lady? Where are you from?"

"Good, I'm from a Frankish place. What about you dawg?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 26, 2014, 12:45:59 am »

You want me to punch the ground?
Not while you're in a building, of course. Do it out on the streets.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 26, 2014, 01:06:45 am »

I'm s'posed to be checking out the basement. Gonna have to go with the Boss on this one.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 26, 2014, 06:36:11 am »

continue waiting for more teammates to be ready to ride the APC ambulance, play something other than tetris (Stupid T blocks)
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
And if they're gone, we won't have to worry about
« Reply #628 on: July 26, 2014, 09:59:06 am »

@Miyamoto, private: "Any idea what we should do with the hostages? I was thinking of releasing them, telling them to get as far away from here as they can. But what if Faith or somebody else attacks them? I also thought about moving them to the diner, since it's more sturdy and would allow all of us to watch them more easily but there's problems with that too. Mainly them being mind controlled or coming under attack. Any suggestions?"

"I reckon this diner, and the immediate area around it, will be the epicenter of further... creative city remodeling, whether it be by us, Faith or the army moving in. As such, getting the civvies out and away seems like the best option to me. You could just tell them to start running, and maybe use a smoke cannister to cover their retreat. Or you could order one of the newbs to go commandeer a car or a small truck somewhere near and use that to drive them to safety. Either way, I don't think they'll be useful as hostages anymore, and staying here means they'll just get in the way or get themselves killed. And if they're gone we won't have to worry about accidentally killing them."

"Well, according to Steve, Faith is still possessed and moving somewhere underground. I think she might be tunneling for the diner's basement.

Hold all orders and ponder this: Redirect Cecil and whoever has a kinetic amp to create siesmic shockwaves through the ground. Punch it.
That will at least slow down Faith until we can get the APC moving. Why isn't anyone driving the vehicle anyway?
Flint--I'll be providing suppressive fire along with coordinating my MKIII if needed. Are you en route to the position?

"Feyri, before you go ordering him around, have you taken reasonable precautions? Like, say, asking Steve whether it would be a good, or even safe, idea? Remember, you are trying to tell a newbie, who might not have the most experience with his weapon, to punch the ground with spacemagic in the hope the shockwaves will somehow hamper a synthflesh berserker. What, you hoping her tunnel will collapse or something? And what if it damages the foundations of that diner? I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying you should really, really doublecheck stuff like this before just executing plans willly-nilly. It's not like running it by him takes a lot of time.

Oh, and flint is probably a better candidate for it anyways."

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:02:21 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #629 on: July 26, 2014, 11:00:54 am »

Slowly realize that maybe this is hell and that I'm going to continuously relive bleeding out because my team mates don't want to let the dead and wounded get back to being useful.
That Maybe this is hell? MAYBE?

Alright, clearly it's time to crank up the difficulty until all the Maybe's are resolved.

Open the closet, if it is a threat, slash it with my blade. If not a threat or it's dead, open up the package i'm supposed to open. Afterwards, take cover near hostages and charge con bonus.
The closet is filled with screaming civilians with their hands ziptied behind their backs. Yeah, alright, that makes sense. Sure. Why not.

You close the door again and then crouch down behind a nearby desk, getting ready to shoot at...well, whatever looks at you funny.

Bored but alive, bored but alive...

Hey, Konrad? Why'd we dump the incap'd people on the ground in an alley?
BORED EH?

ALLOW ME TO ENTERTAIN YOU
Ring a ding dong in a thong.

Get out of the road and closer to a wall. Be ready to avoid any attack.

Steve, Miya. Where is Faith moving towards? Can you tell?

>Judging by her implant, she's somewhere under the diner building, but there's something distorting the signal.

You skitter about, hiding.
Cecil, suddenly realizing how idiotic it is to stand outside, decides to run over to the diner as fast as he can make it, keeping his monorazor prepped just in case something dives out at him.

Get to the diner. Charge dynamic bonus.

Punch the ground while inside the Diner with my amp I guess. Better than eating tables.

Okay this time make it to the diner and follow my team leader to wherever we go. Charge dynamic Uncon bonus.
We'll have you follow Flint. He's a good guy to follow, and he's in the diner at the moment. Admittedly he's crawling around on hands and knees in the diner because he's so big, but hey, more cover for you.

"Time to rest. Wonder why he isn't here. You know, I don't really care."

Rest my brain, and begin building some mental defenses. Keep an eye out for any signs of Timmy.

((Got the funniest picture of Steve getting a "Morul Migurkeshin has logged out" message.))
You lay there, resting your head and doing your best to be as completely silent and unnoticeable as possible. No sign of timmy yet, but it took him a while to show up last time too.

"Uh, I guess I'll head back to the diner."
Yup, move back to the diner.  Keep my eye out for weird mind control stuff.
You meet up with flint and fill another spot in the increasingly packed diner.

((Oh, right, forgot to post an action, thanks for reminding me.))

"Yes I'm on my way to the roof now. I'll stay here and keep a lookout. If your team encounters problems down at the basement, tell me and I'll come help. Me and Pancaek will do our best to assist."

Make my way to the roof of the diner. Stand there and scan the area with cameyes. Anything interesting in the surrounding area?

Can I see anybody approaching with the cameyes' zoom function?

If Steve can give me Faith's exact location and I can reach it, then prepare to dive and amp punch it from above. Also warn all teammates to get out of the way.

Else if the above is not possible and nothing hostile pops out this turn, take aim with the Rainbow Cannon and prepare to lay some Yellow mines on the road leading to the diner that the APC did not take and that Faith didn't destroy.

I'm assuming the diner looks something like this:

Spoiler: ASCII map (click to show/hide)
Is this correct?

((And someone update the wiki with the following please:
Spoiler: Team 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team 3 (click to show/hide)
I'd do it myself but whoever is updating it is doing a very good job and I don't want to mess with their layout.))
You squeeze out of the diner and rocket on up to the roof, where you set down carefully, the roof making unpleasant crunching noises under your feet. But doesn't collapse and you don't fall through several floors back down to ground level, so everything is good.

You can see some people running from the near by neighborhoods; and some people running this way to see what the hell is going on. No police or anything like that though.

You hear what steve says to Renen and shrug. You aim down at the road and get ready to set up some mines.

Map isn't entirely right. First, flip it so that the apc and mined roads are revesed. Second, there's no third road, well, at least not like that.
         |-------|                    |          |
         | DINER | Dest. building |          |Destroyed building
-----------------------------|          |----------
    A                 Mines          INTERSECTION
<--P                mines           FAITH BLEW UP
    C                 Mines          HARD FUCKED
-----------------------------|          |----------
   D'usse     Destroyed building|          |Destroyed building
Party house                         |          |

Did that guy just say my name?

$#@! now this other guy said my name. *&^% he's giving me orders.

Guess i'll just keep doin what i'm doin. Close enough, right?

I wonder who "Knight" is.

Yttra pictures something wildly, wildly incorrect.

I wonder what's in the box.

Keep standing with back to the wall. Watch the door to upstairs, unless something more interesting happens. Stay tense (maintain dex bonus).
Staying frosty. Not getting sloppy, etc.

Hang on to Gilgamesh as we make our way to the top of the building. Look around for hostiles when we're there, try and get a feed from Flint's cameyes as well. Charge a WILL bonus
Everything is quiet for now. Could be that they're preparing an ambush for you.

Understood, I will try to do my best. Team Three, let's enter the diner. Try to not touch anything there. If possessed Faith is coming here, there must be something bad around. Steve, can you give me the location of Faith right now?

Go to the diner and wait for team to get there to advance into the basement. Be ready for any incoming attack.

You scamper into the diner and wait near the hatch down to the basement.

"Rodger."

Go join team in Diner.
You join your team in the diner.

continue waiting for more teammates to be ready to ride the APC ambulance, play something other than tetris (Stupid T blocks)
Hows about some Zenith?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 72