Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 171391 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #645 on: July 27, 2014, 03:51:12 am »

Load the "dead" back into the APC, because why were they taken out?
"They are out of the APC because it is safer when we need to pickup more wounded from the battlefield"
Unload wounded, possibly have wounded tug of war
((... what's that logic? 'Yes I do think that if someone is dying it would be best to take them out of the heavily armored vehicle and increse the chance of dying because OTHER people may get wounded.'))
((More along the lines of 'Take them out of the heavily armored vehicle heading towards an area stalked by hostiles who can breach or otherwise bypass said armor'.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 27, 2014, 03:53:22 am »

"They are out of the APC because it is safer when we need to pickup more wounded from the battlefield"
((... what's that logic? 'Yes I do think that if someone is dying it would be best to take them out of the heavily armored vehicle and increse the chance of dying because OTHER people may get wounded.'))
((More along the lines of 'Take them out of the heavily armored vehicle heading towards an area stalked by hostiles who can breach or otherwise bypass said armor'.))
((Whose dumb plan is that? why not get them evacuated to a much safer place and then do whatever it is they're doing?))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 27, 2014, 06:27:28 am »

perform last turns action of stealing swat gear.

Enter diner and check whether or not pancaek could regain mobility using my exosuit.

If yes, remove my manipulator and loan pancaek my suit then change into whatever swat gear i recovered.
If no, keep suit and manipulato in place.

Regardless of pancaeks mobility raid the care package and grab a goop grenade or two.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #648 on: July 27, 2014, 09:55:46 am »

((Oh, then I guess mining the road there wouldn't offer much. And mining or barricading the road the APC went through would mean making it harder for it to come back. So I guess it would be better if we just fortified our position a bit.))

@Hostage Team: "Miyamoto wants us to release those hostages. If you can, please set them free and direct them away from the crater. I'll pop some smoke to cover their escape once it begins."

Fly down. Again. Drop Pancaek off in the diner. Take some smoke grenades from the crate. Then fly up to the roof. Again.

If my teammates are ready to release the hostages, then pop some smoke from the crate to cover their escape.

Else, prepare to manually pilot one of my automapping drones to that crater to see if I can find that tunnel Faith used.
Except if I can see no hole I could get a drone through. Then just keep looking around with cameyes. Can I see any civilians trapped in buildings? How about any helicopters or other flying things?

While I was flying up, did I see any open windows or anything else I could look/shoot through?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 10:02:01 am by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 27, 2014, 10:37:51 am »

Be transported back to the ground by Flint. If Auron's exosuit works with me and lets me walk again, graciously accept the use of it. If not, just scuttle around on my arms.

after this, go to the care package and grab a goop grenade, and join the others going to the basement. Also charge a WILL bonus, just in case.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:55:05 pm by Pancaek »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 28, 2014, 01:06:42 am »

((Whose dumb plan is that? why not get them evacuated to a much safer place and then do whatever it is they're doing?))
((They have been evaced to a much safer place, now when the APC has to pickup more wounded the current wounded will be out of direct fire))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 28, 2014, 03:48:05 am »

Follow team 3. Stay in the middle of the group. Be on my toes. Charge dynamic bonus.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 28, 2014, 09:41:42 am »

Everybody ready. We will enter the basement now. Feyri, can you be in the front ready to shoot anything that comes attacking or blocking us with your gauss minigun? Everyone else, weapons ready, we will try to stop Faith with the minimum sacrifices. Here we go.

Once everyone is in the dinner, give the orders and enter the dinner's basement, following Feyri, ready to activate BT at any incoming attack. If there are explosive grenades to execute the plan of dropping a explosive grenade in and waiting for a while, then do it before entering.

((Thanks Parisbre56))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:19:17 pm by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #653 on: July 28, 2014, 10:15:52 am »

Once everyone is in the dinner, give the orders and enter the dinner
He means basement.

((EDIT: Happy to help.))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:24:38 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 28, 2014, 12:20:12 pm »

Follow Grunhill.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #655 on: July 28, 2014, 12:54:31 pm »

"What foul sorcery is this?"

Scuttle out of my alley and cautiously grab any swat gear thats lying in the street nearby.

If i see Faith, incinerate her lower spine with my manipulator.

I do believe you missed my action good sir.
The gear would all be at the bottom of the now visible crater down the street. You wanna go stick your nose into that?

Just keep my guard up. Roll int to see if I feel something is off, then go open the care package."Keep an eye on me, gotta open this box up
I don't know what package you're talking about. If you're talking about the box Flint dropped in the diner, you're in entirely the wrong building.

Struggle against the proverbial hand over my mouth. Try to figure out if resisting or overriding it is possible.
You're not sure if it is possible, but you are sure that you're not having any luck at it.

Piecewise, you missed my actions:

((Hmm. I have a problem: I don't want to leave the APC nor the wounded/dead alone, but stationing thea APCat the diner is dangerous, and letting it stay where it is means condemning at least one player to staring at a wall for a good while. Hmm. Wish I had npc's for this kinda stuff  :/  (and no, I don't trust Lerman to do that, he'd find a way to screw up somehow.)

PW, if I left the APC without an active player, could I assume the driver notifies me in time if anything would happen to it? Cause if not, I'll be forced to have a player stand around and do nothing for a long time. Alternatively, could you tell me what we would need to do to get a shuttle down to evacuate our dead? If we could do that, then I wouldn't need to assign anyone to watch over them, andd all players that are still alive could actually play.

Could you run this please?

"Goddammit, it seems Faith made it to that basement already. Team 3, you really need to get going right the hell now. However, be careful when you enter, it would be the perfect moment for a trap. Hell, Faith could just stand on the other side of the blackness and swat you like flies as you enter. Anyone carry some grenades? Either way, you'll want to think about who enters first.

Pancaek, you're joining team 3 for the moment, or at least until Faith is confirmed incapacitated or dead. Auron, I'll need you to carry him, since he can't walk anymore and those newbs don't have the required upper arm strengthen. oh, and Pan, how's your headache feel like? You think you could manage a little rippling wave of force and have enough left for what's down there? In case there's nothing on hand to flush out what might wait beyond the blackness.

Also, would someone on team 2 please open that god forsaken care package and tell me what's in it. Seriously, people, it's opening a box, how is this so hard? What is this, a flying circus?

Flint, while you deal with the civvies you could consider building some barricades or something. Or maybe check out that hole Faith made. I'd ask you to send a team in to flank her, but you wouldn't fit and I don't think sending in Jack and a few noobs would be enough. Try to keep your troops productive if there's no immediate threat they need to take cover from. Oh, and from further viewing of the camera feeds it seems there is another cultist, a headless man or something, still around somewhere. Maybe scan with cameyes again to see if you can spot him. Or at least pop some smoke, just in case.

Team 1, I can't help but notice none of you have yet taken Lerman's weapons. Is there any particular reason for this?"

Watch the video feeds from the previous team in more detail (aka get IC knowledge I already have OOC).

You can assume the driver would call someone for help.

Assume you gained all the In character knowledge you have OOC.

Also, that care package, if it's the box flint dropped, is everything you asked for in the beginning before they were sent down.  Specifically: several big boxes that can be closed, long pliers and maybe a few canisters with thick smoke to lay down a screen. And some ammo tanks for the goop thrower.

Wake up. Sit on floor of the APC until I find something to do.
Nope. Failed End roll this time.

Hey Miya, should steve keep Lerman unconscious? Ie shock him if he wakes up?

Wake up. Sit on floor of the APC until I find something to do.

And for the record, Lerman stays zapped unconscious until i have a task for him.
That was a prompt answer. Way to sneak it in there before I'd even posted! Applying a light basting of electricity to his brain at regular intervals.

Keep resting, keep watching for signs of Timmy.
Nothing yet. You're starting to feel a bit better. Not great, but not "Oh god my brain is melting" either.

Fortify the first floor of the diner as well as a mangled, one armed robot can.
You start flipping over tables and shoving wreckage over to the smashed open windows, forming adhoc barriers and walls of cover. They won't stop much, but they're better then nothing.

Wounded tug of war ensues. Or more like some sort of three stooges skit where one guy keeps loading a body and the other guy keeps throwing it back out and they're both baffled by how it keeps showing back up whenever they turn their back.

perform last turns action of stealing swat gear.

Enter diner and check whether or not pancaek could regain mobility using my exosuit.

If yes, remove my manipulator and loan pancaek my suit then change into whatever swat gear i recovered.
If no, keep suit and manipulato in place.

Regardless of pancaeks mobility raid the care package and grab a goop grenade or two.

Again, only swat gear is down in a hole that faith is possibly in.

He could regain some degree of movement, yes, but considering the thing is based on negative feedback he would be goose stepping around like an idiot because of his missing legs. Stairs would be a real problem. Over all, probably not worth it.

About that: Did miya ever actually create a grenade form of that? If so, you get some, if not, they don't exist.

((Oh, then I guess mining the road there wouldn't offer much. And mining or barricading the road the APC went through would mean making it harder for it to come back. So I guess it would be better if we just fortified our position a bit.))

@Hostage Team: "Miyamoto wants us to release those hostages. If you can, please set them free and direct them away from the crater. I'll pop some smoke to cover their escape once it begins."

Fly down. Again. Drop Pancaek off in the diner. Take some smoke grenades from the crate. Then fly up to the roof. Again.

If my teammates are ready to release the hostages, then pop some smoke from the crate to cover their escape.

Else, prepare to manually pilot one of my automapping drones to that crater to see if I can find that tunnel Faith used.
Except if I can see no hole I could get a drone through. Then just keep looking around with cameyes. Can I see any civilians trapped in buildings? How about any helicopters or other flying things?

While I was flying up, did I see any open windows or anything else I could look/shoot through?

Fly, grab stuff, drop off pancaek, fly back up. Check
I don't see anyone releasing hostages.
Preparing to pilot.
There are a few civies you can see around, scatter in the buildings. But they're huddled and in cover. Getting to them would be hard.  No helicopters yet. But You're sure they're coming.
In the diner building? Only the broken open hole Faith came out through and that Yttra is hanging out next to.

Be transported back to the ground by Flint. If Auron's exosuit works with me and lets me walk again, graciously accept the use of it. If not, just scuttle around on my arms.

after this, go to the care package and grab a goop grenade. Also charge a WILL bonus, just in case.

You're probably actually gonna be faster and more mobile on your arms, sadly. No legs makes it hard to use the machine that relies on legs to know when it should move. Will bonus charged, but same problem that I'm not sure goop grenades exist.

Follow team 3. Stay in the middle of the group. Be on my toes. Charge dynamic bonus.
Following team 3, staying in the middle, on your toes, and dynamic.

Everybody ready. We will enter the basement now. Feyri, can you be in the front ready to shoot anything that comes attacking or blocking us with your gauss minigun? Everyone else, weapons ready, we will try to stop Faith with the minimum sacrifices. Here we go.

Once everyone is in the dinner, give the orders and enter the dinner's basement, following Feyri, ready to activate BT at any incoming attack. If there are explosive grenades to execute the plan of dropping a explosive grenade in and waiting for a while, then do it before entering.

((Thanks Parisbre56))
I'm just gonna assume team three, the composition of which I'm unsure of, has now all moved down into the basement, getting through the vertigo barrier without any problems. There is no sign of hostiles down here, though there are signs of Morul's fight with the guards. The door he was heading for is over toward the right, still unopened, in its little side path.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 28, 2014, 02:37:07 pm »

((Yeah, i thought the box was with me, editing action))
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 28, 2014, 02:54:26 pm »

((I know auron and I are on team 3. Radio posted it back a few pages. Let me hunt it down because it's probably important for all of us to realize we're in the basement.))

EDIT:
Team 3 will be responsible for clearing out the diner, starting with the basement since it seems that is where Faith is moving towards. This team is made up of Feyri, Renen, Auron, Cecil, Jonathan and Jack Hansan. Renen, do you think you are capable of leading this squad, or would you prefer I pick someone else? This team's job is to stop Faith if she is moving towards there, and try to find out whatever the cultists are hiding down there. If I have confirmation Faith is moving in that direction, I might send Pancaek down to support you with his amp."

((So Feyri, Renen, Auron, Jonathan, Jack Hansan, and I are in the basement with Renen in charge. Or Feyri if Miya wants that.))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:56:30 pm by Pufferfish »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 28, 2014, 03:49:53 pm »

Still chillin', still watching out for horrible eldritch beings.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #659 on: July 28, 2014, 05:18:24 pm »

((@pufferfish: You can just look at the wiki.))
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 72