Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 170998 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #660 on: July 28, 2014, 05:23:36 pm »

((Just putting it down for PW in the thread so he doesn't have to go looking for it.))

Hey guys, a door. Should we go open it up? Cecil says, keeping an eye around the place for any sign of movement.
I mean, there's gotta be something back there if this is where Morul got fucked up, right?

Is it just the one door down here or is there other paths? What else can I see?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:00:30 pm by Pufferfish »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 28, 2014, 06:20:16 pm »

Grab some boxes if i didnt nab any artifact containers as i left the ship.

Head into the kitchen and grab some tongs before making my way over to the basement team.

((Any swat gear inside the crater is probably fucked, was hoping to get some that had been dropped by fleeing swat members after the fall.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 28, 2014, 08:58:41 pm »

Keep looking for hostiles or strange behavior.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 28, 2014, 09:06:26 pm »

Find a nice place to hide.

"M'row."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 28, 2014, 09:08:07 pm »

(("You notice a lot of dangerous psychopaths milling about the area. You feel confident the odds of them hurting you is high."))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 29, 2014, 02:13:29 am »

Go downstairs, to whatever remains of the diner area. See if any of the unconscious civilians survived (the ones that never made it to D'usse's party because of the barricade, assuming the diner is where they still are). If any are alive, free them, wake them up, and shoo them away. Then open the care package Flint dropped. Get a smoke grenade or two and some spare goop-thrower ammo. A couple goop-grenades as well, if those are things that exist.

Also if i still have a riot helmet absurdly balanced on my larger space-helmet and it isn't magically giving me endurance bonuses, leave it with the box of boxes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 29, 2014, 09:30:53 am »

You can assume the driver would call someone for help.
And what about that medivac (=shuttle from the Sword to pick up wounded and carry them back)? Would that be possible? If yes, what do we need to do and where could we get it?

Also, that care package, if it's the box flint dropped, is everything you asked for in the beginning before they were sent down.  Specifically: several big boxes that can be closed, long pliers and maybe a few canisters with thick smoke to lay down a screen. And some ammo tanks for the goop thrower.
I asked for a few goop throwers, not just ammo for them. Would it be ok to say there are two throwers in there with two cannisters each?

Wounded tug of war ensues. Or more like some sort of three stooges skit where one guy keeps loading a body and the other guy keeps throwing it back out and they're both baffled by how it keeps showing back up whenever they turn their back.
Ask Steve to give both of them (=Konrad (Corsair) and Taddok(Hapah)) a slightly painful, but not debilitating, shock.
"If the two of you are done being stupid, you can stop throwing those men around and start doing your job. Just sit tight and wait until Steve confirms or denies medivac. And do what I asked of you earlier, namely taking Lerman's weapons away."

About that: Did miya ever actually create a grenade form of that? If so, you get some, if not, they don't exist.
I layed out the general idea/principle of it, but didn't finish it in tinker. Is it ok to assume they are there? I can type out all the details of how they'd work if you want me to. Basically, it's a timed grenade that has a very light explosive so that the chemicals get mixed and sprayed around in a medium radius (a few meters or so).

I'm just gonna assume team three, the composition of which I'm unsure of, has now all moved down into the basement, getting through the vertigo barrier without any problems. There is no sign of hostiles down here, though there are signs of Morul's fight with the guards. The door he was heading for is over toward the right, still unopened, in its little side path.

You can find all the information about the teams on the appropriate wiki page.

Note that Pancaek will be momentarily joining team 3 (aka team going into basement).

Finally, relay all relevant info from helmet video feeds to all teammates (that aren't possessed).

((Hey Pan, since radio can't get through the basement blackness barrier, could you put it into your action to inform teammates once Pan moves through it into the basement? Thanks.))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 09:46:42 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 29, 2014, 09:52:06 am »

((are detached helmets able to be used as radio relays?

because if so we could just leave a helmet in the doorway to bounce the signals up to miyamoto and steve.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #668 on: July 29, 2014, 10:01:34 am »

Use dynamic bonus to pilot the drone to the crater. Once there, try to locate the hole Faith used and take the drone through it until I reach the diner's basement or the signal cuts off.

((I suddenly had an idea. This basement reminds me of something we've encountered before. Let's see if my hunch is right.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 29, 2014, 10:42:56 pm »

Continue Three Stooges-esque corpse shuffle.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 30, 2014, 07:25:50 am »

Scuttle into the basement with the rest of team 3. look around. Follow the team. Should we find faith, force her hands behind her back with me amp

"Hey guys, Miya put me in your team for the time being. By the way, y'all know that we're cut off from the rest of teams now? No signals can leave or enter this place for some reason"

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 30, 2014, 09:28:45 am »

Ok, Pancaek, welcome to the team. Thanks for the info.

Look around the basement in BT. See if there's anything strange there. After that, try to find a way to open the door.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #672 on: July 30, 2014, 11:08:16 am »

Still chillin', still watching out for horrible eldritch beings.
The elder gods haven't turned their eyes upon you just yet.

((Just putting it down for PW in the thread so he doesn't have to go looking for it.))

Hey guys, a door. Should we go open it up? Cecil says, keeping an eye around the place for any sign of movement.
I mean, there's gotta be something back there if this is where Morul got fucked up, right?

Is it just the one door down here or is there other paths? What else can I see?

I described that a while back and don't feel like doing it again. Have a map.

Grab some boxes if i didnt nab any artifact containers as i left the ship.

Head into the kitchen and grab some tongs before making my way over to the basement team.

((Any swat gear inside the crater is probably fucked, was hoping to get some that had been dropped by fleeing swat members after the fall.))
You grab a pair of tongs and head downstairs to meet up with the rest of the basement team.

Dooop doop dop. Not a whole lot to do to be honest, nothing is coming to murder you right now.

Find a nice place to hide.

"M'row."
You cover your face with your hands and then slink into a corner.

"Can't see me. I'm invisible, M'row. Nyan. Uguuu. Etc."

(("You notice a lot of dangerous psychopaths milling about the area. You feel confident the odds of them hurting you is high."))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Go downstairs, to whatever remains of the diner area. See if any of the unconscious civilians survived (the ones that never made it to D'usse's party because of the barricade, assuming the diner is where they still are). If any are alive, free them, wake them up, and shoo them away. Then open the care package Flint dropped. Get a smoke grenade or two and some spare goop-thrower ammo. A couple goop-grenades as well, if those are things that exist.

Also if i still have a riot helmet absurdly balanced on my larger space-helmet and it isn't magically giving me endurance bonuses, leave it with the box of boxes.

You remove the rather silly riot helmet and place it in the box before grabbing some more ammo and a few grenades. You take a look around the diner after getting geared up. There's two corpses under some rubble, but no one left alive. Ah civilian casualties. Now it's a real mission.

Oh dear, where did that thought come from? You feel like you might be going "native".

You can assume the driver would call someone for help.
And what about that medivac (=shuttle from the Sword to pick up wounded and carry them back)? Would that be possible? If yes, what do we need to do and where could we get it?

Also, that care package, if it's the box flint dropped, is everything you asked for in the beginning before they were sent down.  Specifically: several big boxes that can be closed, long pliers and maybe a few canisters with thick smoke to lay down a screen. And some ammo tanks for the goop thrower.
I asked for a few goop throwers, not just ammo for them. Would it be ok to say there are two throwers in there with two cannisters each?

Wounded tug of war ensues. Or more like some sort of three stooges skit where one guy keeps loading a body and the other guy keeps throwing it back out and they're both baffled by how it keeps showing back up whenever they turn their back.
Ask Steve to give both of them (=Konrad (Corsair) and Taddok(Hapah)) a slightly painful, but not debilitating, shock.
"If the two of you are done being stupid, you can stop throwing those men around and start doing your job. Just sit tight and wait until Steve confirms or denies medivac. And do what I asked of you earlier, namely taking Lerman's weapons away."

About that: Did miya ever actually create a grenade form of that? If so, you get some, if not, they don't exist.
I layed out the general idea/principle of it, but didn't finish it in tinker. Is it ok to assume they are there? I can type out all the details of how they'd work if you want me to. Basically, it's a timed grenade that has a very light explosive so that the chemicals get mixed and sprayed around in a medium radius (a few meters or so).

I'm just gonna assume team three, the composition of which I'm unsure of, has now all moved down into the basement, getting through the vertigo barrier without any problems. There is no sign of hostiles down here, though there are signs of Morul's fight with the guards. The door he was heading for is over toward the right, still unopened, in its little side path.

You can find all the information about the teams on the appropriate wiki page.

Note that Pancaek will be momentarily joining team 3 (aka team going into basement).

Finally, relay all relevant info from helmet video feeds to all teammates (that aren't possessed).

((Hey Pan, since radio can't get through the basement blackness barrier, could you put it into your action to inform teammates once Pan moves through it into the basement? Thanks.))
In an emergency we could get a shuttle down, but lets try not to do that. Putting a shuttle down on the middle of the street is somewhat more obvious and slow then we'd like. Already did a hot drop, after all.

I'll let you have one more thrower.

Shocking

Yeah, sure. We'll count it as done and there.

Use dynamic bonus to pilot the drone to the crater. Once there, try to locate the hole Faith used and take the drone through it until I reach the diner's basement or the signal cuts off.

((I suddenly had an idea. This basement reminds me of something we've encountered before. Let's see if my hunch is right.))
The crater is...well it seems solid. You don't see a hole at the bottom. You're sure there probably is one, but it's covered by rubble. She must have gotten down into the sewers but left the rubble covering the hole. Hm.

Continue Three Stooges-esque corpse shuffle.
Someone gives you the electrical equivalent of a poke in the eye.

OW.

Scuttle into the basement with the rest of team 3. look around. Follow the team. Should we find faith, force her hands behind her back with me amp

"Hey guys, Miya put me in your team for the time being. By the way, y'all know that we're cut off from the rest of teams now? No signals can leave or enter this place for some reason"
You join them down there, relaying Miya's info, and following along behind renen.
Ok, Pancaek, welcome to the team. Thanks for the info.

Look around the basement in BT. See if there's anything strange there. After that, try to find a way to open the door.

You walk over to the offshoot tunnel and look at the door. You're pretty sure you could just cut it open. Or hell, just pull it off it's hinges. It looks relatively sturdy but completely mundane.

Everyone except the people down in the "Basement" can hear this:
>Faith's signal has changed. She's still broadcasting darkness but her location is moving rapidly away from the diner. She seems to be in a sewer tunnel, but is following it away towards the north.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #673 on: July 30, 2014, 11:42:04 am »

Damn. I should had kept Pancaek.
"Roger that Steve. Permission to pursue, boss?"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 30, 2014, 11:53:33 am »

"Permission to try and blow the door open with my shotgun?"
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 72