Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 171823 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2014, 02:16:46 pm »

((Those are two posibilities that you'll have to deal with anyways, no matter what charade or plan you come up with.))
(("Cultists flip out" in particular is pretty much guaranteed. Claiming to already be the police might decrease the odds of anyone thinking to call them.

However, I am concerned about our lack of uniforms or anything, including proper terminology. Are they even called police, or are they Kano Authority Enforcers, Correctional Officers, Calmkeepers, or or what? Do they have badges or other marks of authority they usually display? What phrases do they use when brutalizing public citizens and private property for no reasons anyone can discern?

I'm thinking working the rival gang/hired muscle angle might be better for believability's sake. Not explicitly saying anything except "trouble not here for you" might be better still, since it'd let them fill in the blanks themselves.))

"I like the idea, but I'm worried about a few things.

One, rough neighborhood, it might well be open all night. Hell, could be more crowded at night.

Two, the less we hang around the better, I assume. What if the locals start wondering what we're up to? What if the cultists are paranoid enough to keep tabs on the city? What if our hired help starts wondering why we're elaborate enough to pay him for his services and then lurk around for half a day before moving? Perhaps most importantly, what if somebody gets bored and starts trying to find ways to amuse themselves?

Overall, I'm thinking it'd be better to keep things moving fairly quickly, rather than turning this into a long-term stakeout."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2014, 02:23:21 pm »

Pan nods as Faith speaks

"Hmm, yeah. Better to leave early and not overstay our welcome here. Have you thought about how to split up our forces, chief?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2014, 02:31:39 pm »

However, I am concerned about our lack of uniforms or anything, including proper terminology. Are they even called police, or are they Kano Authority Enforcers, Correctional Officers, Calmkeepers, or or what? Do they have badges or other marks of authority they usually display? What phrases do they use when brutalizing public citizens and private property for no reasons anyone can discern?

((Some of those things Steve might be able to tell you. You're right we look like a bunch of hoodlums more than a police force, but I don't think the 'gang' thing will fly for long once they see what ride you arrived in.

Either way, there's a good chance anything like that will lose its credibility once the first person gets an overshoot trying whatever. It's funny how we are starting to plan around the inevitable disaster that is HMRC/ARM-civilian interaction. ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2014, 01:55:55 am »

((A bunch of hoodlums with advanced armor, weapons and riot armor, mind. We're not exactly discreet.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2014, 05:16:25 pm »

This is what you've got in that APC:

4 shotguns (100 shells)
8 riot shields
16 flash bangs
6 bullet proof vests
5 helmets with face visors
10 nightsticks
20 artifact containers

Divide them up however you want on the way there, since we'll assume that you all got in the APC and are now heading there.

As per waiting to do this at night, thats something that could be done, but you'd have to tell the driver.

Flashbangs just use str to throw, dex if you're trying to throw accurately. I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that everyone here can pull a metal pin.

The shotguns are normal shotguns. They're pump action, short barrel, and can load 5 shots at a time.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2014, 06:03:52 pm »

Hasala takes:
  • Shotgun (35 shells)
  • Riot shield
  • 2 flashbangs
  • Bulletproof vest
  • Helmet with face visor
  • A nightstick
  • 2 artifact containers
  • He'll also take anything not claimed by his teammates, for safekeeping.

What about the smoke grenades?
The nightstick is just a Strength roll, not an Uncon, right?

Check to make sure the namite thrower is loaded with Stick GoopTM and not namite. That would be bad. Also count how many Sticky GoopTM canisters I have.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 09:56:47 pm by swordsmith04 »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2014, 06:13:27 pm »

After everyone has claimed their items and if they are still available Kyle takes a helmet abd a riot shield.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2014, 07:22:58 pm »

Grab:

Riot Shield
2 Flashbangs
Bulletproof vest
Helmet with face visor
2 Artifact Containers

((can I sling my shield over my arm while still being able to shoot my weapons a la SC2 marine?))
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 07:25:52 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2014, 07:25:04 pm »

"I'd like a shotgun and a few grenades if possible.  I definitely want an artifact container or two, does that sound okay?"
Grab shotgun and 25 shells, and  couple of flashbangs. Grab a nightstick and 2 artifact containers as well.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 10:57:36 am by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2014, 07:31:55 pm »

"Everyone should get 2 artifact containers, a flashbang and a nightstick each. Extras get disposed through the DIBS system."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2014, 08:13:35 pm »

"I'll be more than fine without a nightstick. The armor looks like there's just enough for everyone who would actually need any."

Grab a flashbang and a pair of artifact containers.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2014, 08:51:09 pm »

"But you can never have enough armor..."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2014, 09:01:13 pm »

Acquire:
* shotgun (15 shells)
* riot shield
* helmet
* nightstick
* 1 artifact container

Yttra looks around, wondering if everyone is getting what they want / need.

Pick up another shotgun and throw it to Jack, then calmly pass him 3 flashbangs, 2 artifact containers and 25 shotgun shells, because throwing things inside a moving APC is probably not such a great idea.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2014, 09:06:53 pm »

Take 1 shotgun (25 shells), helmet with visor, nightstick, and 2 artifact containers.

"If somebody needs this gun just lemme know."

Settle in and try on helmet.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2014, 09:24:57 pm »

((by my count these are left:
0 shotguns (but 10 shells still available if anyone wants extra)
5 riot shields (Kyle wants one)
8 flashbangs
4 bulletproof vests
1 helmet (Kyle wants it, if noone else takes it)
7 nightsticks
9 artifact containers
))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 72