Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 168624 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #900 on: August 26, 2014, 04:36:07 pm »

Melt one of the horizontal supports holding up the telescope with my dynamic manipulator bonus.
Use jump rockets to get close if necessary.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:24:26 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 27, 2014, 04:25:19 am »

Find a safe-looking curb, somewhere away from the swaying building, and sit down.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 27, 2014, 06:37:48 am »

lead people back to apc then ask steve for directions to pickup location (and go there) also ensure to load wounded
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 03:31:30 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 27, 2014, 03:02:07 pm »

Head to the APC
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 27, 2014, 07:55:59 pm »

Stop bleeding. Get as comfortable as I can while missing a limb and having two shattered.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 27, 2014, 09:56:48 pm »

Go to APC, as that seems to be the popular thing nowadays.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 28, 2014, 05:28:15 am »

((Remember, your target looks somewhat like this. So you should probably focus on damaging this or the cables holding it.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #907 on: August 28, 2014, 05:51:41 am »

((Remember, your target looks somewhat like this. So you should probably focus on damaging this or the cables holding it.))
Nope.

EDIT: Just noticed I've misspelled Arecibo.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 05:59:54 am by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #908 on: August 28, 2014, 11:53:20 am »

"Hey Steve, what do you want us to do about the suspicious egg machines we found in the sewers?

They are too big to steal, hooked up to some life support equipment centered around a gaudy throne and a bodysnatcher used one to upload something.. we think...

Also we could use a pickup."

>If you can rip the data, do it. If not, take pictures and then destroy them. Either way, destroy them.

"Boss, I really think we should do something about that dish. Do I have permission to..." Flint was unsure of what exactly he wanted to do about it, but he really felt like he should do something. "...do something about it?"
I'd prefer it I could order someone with a MK3 and a heavy weapon to do something about it, since I'm here playing Atlas and I don't know what will happen if I stop. But I don't think there's anyone better suited for it than me.
"You are right, we need to do something. However, you are too far away right now to make it in time I'm afraid. But some other people aren't.

Basement team, do you see that satellite dish near you? Destroy it ASAP. The sooner the better.

Tell APC driver to come to the diner with all the wounded loaded.

Check how far basement team is, and if going to them (using the APC for transport) is feasible.

Tell Steve to put location of dish on team basement's HUD.

And ask him if the Sword has guns that could hit it accurately enough and with enough restraint to only destroy the dish.

The APC heads back to the diner, ready to pick everyone up.

It is possible, but it would require an hour long drive through the city, which probably would attract some attention.

Consider them aware of it's location.

Thats questionable. Even just dropping a shell would be too much, and they're in the wrong position to use a laser. Besides, orbital bombardment of an uninhabited icecap is fine, but shooting a city, even the outskirts, is a bit much.

@Miyamoto: "You know best. Call me if you have any more orders. I'll keep supporting the building and see what more I can get from this drone. Oh, and do you think we should get the satellite on the roof too?"

@Everyone nearby (not the basement team): "Take whatever you need from the building and then get out."

When everyone (except Morul, who doesn't count, since he is in his blackvoid dimension and thus safe no matter what happens) is out of the building, stop supporting it, go crush the satellite dish in the roof. Then grab headless' rope and take him to a different building so that he doesn't fall and die if the building collapses while we wait for the APC.

"Hey there, how's it hanging?" Flint was unsure about whether or not headless was capable of hearing and thus able to appreciate his grade-A puns.

Try to get the drone to take a look around the radio-telescope. Look at the receiver for anything suspicious or anything that could help the basement team destroy it and search for some sort of control centre for the dish. If I can find the control centre, try to use the drone to search it for any sings of being tampered with.
You go up, smash the dish on top of the building and carry the headless down to the street to wait for the apc.

The control center, or at least the building you assume is the control center, is near dish; a small compound made of squat, rectangular buildings a hundred yards or so from the edge of the dish. You fly the drone around, looking for the one which seems to control the dish, but find no clue as to which one it is; there are signs but they're written in a language you don't recognize.

Attempt to decapitate the cultist radiating darkness with my amp, and bring my hand up to the button so I can press it quickly if I need to.
You attempt to use your amp but can't even manage to activate it. The Cultists just keep staring at you and then, after a few moments of just sort of sitting there, dumbfounded, you find yourself somewhere else. Namely, you find yourself falling. You can see the curvature of the planet you're on; the darkness outside the luminous blue of the world. You jerk yourself around until you can see the ground far FAR below you. It's like looking down at a satellite image, slowly zooming in. You have no idea where you are.

Find a safe-looking curb, somewhere away from the swaying building, and sit down.
You sit down and wait for the APC.

lead people back to apc then ask steve for directions to pickup location (and go there) also ensure to load wounded
Waiting for it to get here, friend.

Head to the APC
SEE ABOVE. IT IS COMING TO YOU.

Stop bleeding. Get as comfortable as I can while missing a limb and having two shattered.
It is surprisingly easy to become comfortable while in shock. You just sort of lay on the concrete and don't feel much of anything.

Go to APC, as that seems to be the popular thing nowadays.
IT'S COMING HOLD ON JESUS

Guys, Renen here. We got out of the basement but we are not in the dinner. We need a map with our actual location. Also, I think we are out of the city. Steve, could you send a shuttle to pick us up? And we will need help with looting some machines we found in that room. Faith is mostly a torso now, but we still don't wanna touch her. You never know with mind fuckery.

Guys, can any of you with a mass amp or manip put the rest of Faith's body in a box or something and carry it around with the amp/manip until we get to the shuttle?

Renen receives the order.

Roger. Feyri, shoot at that telescope. Everyone else try to destroy it the best you can. Pancaek, I know you must be tired but we will need your help too. Destroy that.

Move in bullet time to cut and destroy the satellite dish/telescope/moving equipment we were ordered to destroy. If I wouldn't make it in time, send amp club shockwaves instead.
 Carry Pancaek if needed so he can get closer to the target.

"Tired? I'm not tired. Not at all. Yeah, let me just destroy a giant sattelite dish after getting my shit wrecked, hard. Just uh, heh" He waves his sliced off arm in the air "gonna need a hand here. Alse try not to get too close to the thing, I'm gonna try and make it topple over on itself. By the way, someone better get Faith in a box and get her back to the sword. She still has to pay for my legs."

If I have eyes on the sattelite dish, heat up part of the cables leading from one of the pillars towards the center bit so that the cables hopefully snap and the wieght of the dish makes it topple over. Like the exercise we did with the AM in VR. Get carried by Renen to get eyes if necessary
Feyri, shoot at that telescope. Everyone else try to destroy it the best you can. Pancaek, I know you must be tired but we will need your help too. Destroy that.

Got it, command.

Commit orders.

How are the people we're supposed to rescue doing? Is everyone hale?
Melt one of the horizontal supports holding up the telescope with my dynamic manipulator bonus.
Use jump rockets to get close if necessary.

Even for Renen, it takes a minute or two to reach the dish, but soon everyone is there, flying on rockets or riding on teammates, and raining excessive amounts of destruction down on the obsolete radio dish. When the smoke clears, when Feyri stops shooting, Auron stops melting, Renen stops slashing and pancaek stops heat-slicing cables, there's little left of the beam guidence system except some melted and shredded metal towers and a lot of scrap laying at the center of a concave concrete dish.

The APC arrives outside the diner, just as the diner groans one last time and then with a sound like some sort of 1950's laser gun, a "Zap" or "Bechewwwwww", it sags and then crumbles to the ground.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #909 on: August 28, 2014, 12:01:09 pm »

Good thing I got out of there.
"Anything else you need me to do boss?"

((Let's hope Morul gets out of this one unharmed.))
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:15:27 pm by Parisbre56 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #910 on: August 28, 2014, 01:25:34 pm »

@Everyone nearby: "Okay team. Everyone pack your things and get in the APC, now. Head for the spaceport. I'll come later, so as to not attract any more attention than necessary. If anything comes up, call me and I'll provide support."

Make sure everyone and everything is in the APC (including Headless, and any artefacts and equipment we have lying around). Then send it to the spaceport, unless Steve or Miyamoto objects.
Ask Steve:
"Okay Steve, our team and the artefacts we have gathered are heading for the spaceport soon, unless there's something else you want us to do.
Could you send a shuttle to a location near the Basement Team?
Oh, and do you know where Morul is? Last I heard he used that fancy suit of his. I hope I don't have to dig him out of the building."

@Basement team: "I'm trying to arrange for Steve to send a transport near your location. However, it's very likely it's going to be a good distance away from the city. Do you think Feyri, Renen and Auron could carry you and the artefacts you've gathered to it?"
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:27:43 pm by Parisbre56 »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 28, 2014, 03:57:51 pm »

Get into APC ensure stuff is on APC
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 28, 2014, 04:19:32 pm »

Get in the APC
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 28, 2014, 04:36:32 pm »

"Well its back to the basement i guess, steve wants those eggs gone and any data on them recovered if possible."

Head back to the basement and attempt to recover the egg data.

If it appears impossible for any of us to get the data, break open each egg in turn and steal whatever passes for computational equipment then melt whatever is left... unless it looks important/valuable in which case steal it too.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:03:04 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 28, 2014, 04:51:15 pm »

I just left this damn thing...

Get back into the APC.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 72