Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 168575 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.
« on: May 23, 2014, 05:06:10 pm »

>You're going to be landing on the outskirts of a commercial space port.

Steve talks to the crew as the ship falls toward the surface, circling around toward the light side of the planet.

>A man is going to meet you there to drive the APC. He'll have the gear I promised, and he'll be the one taking you where you need to go. He is NOT ARM. Don't treat him like you friend, or someone you can trust. He's just a hired hand. Once you reach the location, he'll park near by and let you out, from there, you are to handle the raid. Casualties are not an issue, but the more reckless you are, the more likely you'll attract police attention before you can finish the raid. You're in a bad part of town, so some shooting won't get anyone's attention, but explosions or something similar will. We don't know the layout of the building, but the bottom level is a diner, so expect to have to shoo some civies away before moving on. Clear the floors, get anything suspicious, and then leave the way you came. That shuttle at the port is your way out.  Good luck.

Just as he finishes talking the shuttle settles to the ground and the back hatch opens. Standing directly outside it is a man, dark skinned and vaguely asian looking with a curly black beard and strange reverse hitler mustache, with the center shaved and the sides left to grow. The APC has already been delivered at some point and is waiting behind him.

"Come." The man says, in an accent that you can't place, and walks towards the truck.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:23:12 am by piecewise »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 05:25:13 pm »

Follow the man into the transport, grab my share of the equipment.

"Years of child safety messages wasted."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 05:25:43 pm »

Hasala exits the shuttle and walks over to the APC, turning around to look at his teammates for a second, before climbing into the APC and grabbing his SWAT gear. Check how much ammo the shotgun holds, as well as how much ammunition there is and how many grenades of both types there are. Grab an artifact container or two, too.

Make sure the grenades and ammunition are divided equally. If there are still people standing around outside, shoo them into the APC and get going.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:49:45 am by swordsmith04 »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 05:27:57 pm »

Kyle gets in the Truck/APC and grabs his stuff minus the shotgun.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 05:29:30 pm »

Pancaek walks over toward the truck, making sure his scarf is well over his mouth and his hat is on his head. He walks next to faith, making sure the truck driver is out of earshot

"So, Faith, as the most veteran member of this team I take it you'll be taking charge here?"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 05:30:59 pm »

Get in the truck, and grab some flashbangs, a riot shield, some artifact containers of varying size, and a shotgun with some extra shells.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 07:27:43 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 05:35:00 pm »

Edited so now it's an APC. SIGH.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 05:42:25 pm »

Get into APC. Sling Gauss Rifle over my back (surely it has a strap or sling?), grab and examine shotgun.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 06:02:01 pm »

Hasala addresses his team members through the radio. "Hey, everyone. In case you missed my name during the briefing, I'm Hasala Nabin. I think right now is a good time to figure out how we're going to approach this. First, if any of you have any explosives, don't use them. Let's not deal with the police when we shouldn't have to.
Second, let's be quick and organized. Hopefully the cultists won't be prepared for an assault, but whether they are or not, it's to our advantage not to give them an opportunity to get their shit together. Since there's ten of us, we should probably split into two teams of four, with two left to guard the APC and make sure the cultists don't get a free machine-gun.
Third, let's not fuck around. Kill the cultists, grab the artifact, and do your looting or defiling on your way out. And let's make sure we clear the entire building; we don't want to leave any witnesses to tell the local authorities a murderous bunch of people obviously from off-planet killed most of them and left with their holy toaster or whatever this thing looks like. If we do leave any evidence behind, it might affect the covert team.

Everyone agree?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 06:11:16 pm »

"Yeah, I've got a question. Steve clearly said in the briefing that he believes that a cult is operating out ofo this residential building. He never said that everyone int his place is a cultist. I mean, I'm not axectly a saint, but I'm not really feeling like wasting ammo on a bunch of mind-raped unarmed civs. Steve also suspected that there was an artifact, but had no confirmation. "

He looks over to Hasala, crossing his arms over his chest

"And lastly, new blood, who the fuck put you in charge anyway?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 06:13:07 pm »

"Uh... before we get to arguing can I get place with kitty over there? No offense to anyone but she doesn't look like the type to shoot me in the back and will probably need to be watched so cultists don't abuse her extra features."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 06:23:56 pm »

"Yeah, I've got a question. Steve clearly said in the briefing that he believes that a cult is operating out ofo this residential building. He never said that everyone int his place is a cultist. I mean, I'm not axectly a saint, but I'm not really feeling like wasting ammo on a bunch of mind-raped unarmed civs. Steve also suspected that there was an artifact, but had no confirmation. "

He looks over to Hasala, crossing his arms over his chest

"And lastly, new blood, who the fuck put you in charge anyway?"

"Of course not. But anyone with a gun presumably is, especially once we're through the diner. And if there's no artifact, there's something else for us to kill or capture.
And Miyamoto put me in charge, in a way. He wants to see how I do, though I've got no problem with stepping aside if one of you vets want to take the lead. I'm just trying to get us organized from the start."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 06:32:10 pm »

"Of course not. But anyone with a gun presumably is, especially once we're through the diner. And if there's no artifact, there's something else for us to kill or capture.
And Miyamoto put me in charge, in a way. He wants to see how I do, though I've got no problem with stepping aside if one of you vets want to take the lead. I'm just trying to get us organized from the start."

"Oh hoh hoh. So the general too fat to fit through doors wants to see how you do, eh? Don't worry, I'll keep a good eye on how you do and report it to him then. By the way, what weapons do you. "

He points at hasala, then at Kyle
"you"
then at D'usse
"And you use?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 06:34:16 pm »

Kyle holds up the Amp.
"I was thinking of freezing slash boiling people alive."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 06:35:36 pm »

Kyle holds up the Amp.
((He holds up the amp that is meant to be lodged in his brain?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 72