Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 168600 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation
« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2014, 08:29:12 pm »

Taddok takes 1 flashbang and looks at Faith

"What's the plan, boss? We going in as soon as we get there?"
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2014, 08:33:50 pm »

"We aren't gathering attention you ingrate."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2014, 08:38:07 pm »

"Look. I'll give you some advice from when I was a smuggler. If you're leaving tracks, you're being followed. The APC had to get down here somehow, and the driver had to have come from somewhere. How do you know he hasn't told someone where he was going, or someone happened to see the APC being unloaded, and blabbed about it? Someone, somewhere on this planet knows we are here. And the longer we stay here, the more people will know."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2014, 08:49:36 pm »

"And I think you're a paranoid idiot. Why would the driver have blabbed? He's on our pay roll. And if anyone saw us already then I think we should quit already since they'll have to much time to prepare."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2014, 08:52:46 pm »

"Hey, now. Calm down, guys. It's up to Faith what we do here; arguing with each other isn't going to help anyone."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2014, 08:54:45 pm »

"Wow. You know what? It's only paranoia if you're wrong. Besides, it's comforting. If you think someone is out to get you, it means you think you matter."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2014, 08:56:57 pm »

"You were put on a ship that's basically the meaning of hell since you are supposed to constantly go to your death. I don't think most of us mattered to most people at that point."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2014, 08:59:52 pm »

"I'd say the UWM is out to get us right about now, so yeah, we do matter."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2014, 09:05:51 pm »

"No, the people we work for matter. We ourselves don't matter."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2014, 09:10:28 pm »

"You know what? You can be pessimistic all ya want over there. I'm gonna sit here and feel comfortable in the knowledge that someone is out to get me."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2014, 09:12:49 pm »

"I'm rooting for them."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2014, 09:17:30 pm »

"You sure you wanna cheer the people who want you dead on?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2014, 09:19:25 pm »

"Not me, you. You are the important one here."

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2014, 09:44:34 pm »

"Really?  We have extra vests?"
Grab a vest.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 27, 2014, 09:51:50 pm »

"Uh... well, I'd say that can be logged as an official disagreement.

I'm sorry, but we're going in hot and we're going in now. The cult's supposedly paranoid, and there's no indication of when they prefer to be active. The night life around here might be more crowded than the day life. I don't think waiting until nightfall is going to score us points with either group. I do think waiting around in an APC is going to attract attention, even if it never filters through to the cult. Even waiting around in an unmarked truck might get the locals wondering if it's up for grabs, depending on just how bad this place is.

Just remember- do NOT shoot first. If you can't handle that, hide behind someone better armored than you are. Once we start climbing that may change, but for now keep it cool.

Official plan is to walk in and ask some questions. If that turns out as I assume it will, we get into a firefight and start sweeping the building. Me and Pancaek will have cameyes on everything, so we should be able to see a lot coming. If it looks like trouble, we warn out the diners.

I like the five teams of two idea. We won't need to split up before entering if we don't want to, but once we're inside it'll be handy to have discrete but more manageable units. One team guards the APC, and uses it if they have to, the rest come inside. If you want to volunteer for guard duty or have a specific partner in mind speak up, otherwise I'll just throw you together with whoever's next to you or something."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 72