Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 171474 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation
« Reply #240 on: June 04, 2014, 06:07:27 am »

((You're welcome. With me in the way, the failure should be obvious. :P))
I could go on for ages, I have pages of this shit))
((You have pages upon pages detailing the various ways you can screw up?
That's so sad. You need a pat on the shoulder, smurf?
*pat pat* There there.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 04, 2014, 06:25:00 am »

((No, I will screw up, it's only a matter of how. Stupid willpower rolls.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #242 on: June 04, 2014, 12:38:06 pm »

Kyle looks surprised.
"Sorry! We just came in to compliment your cooking... Well, I did, I don't know what these idiots were doing."
Investigate commotion in the kitchen. When I see the armed cook, shoot him with the goop thrower. Observe the effects.

Continue to ignore screaming waitress, unless she becomes hostile, in which case shoot her with the goop thrower, too.
Are the cook and her the only civilians left, besides the tied up, unconscious guys?

((I fail to see why I need to go through the kitchen to get upstairs, but whatevs.))

"You seem to be attcking us. This is unacceptable. Allow me ot back you up, Has."

If Hasala fails to immobilize the cook with the goop thrower, Jerk the knife out of his hand and fling it towards one of the walls, ina direction so it doesn't hit anyone. If hasala does manage to immobilize him, do nothing. If the cook is immobilized/dead at the end of this turn, go one floor up and scan the floor with all cameye settings
(because the only stairway to go upstairs is through the kitchen? Unless you meant you wanted to try and punch through a wall.)
"They say too many cooks spoil the stew, looks like you guys should have this."
If the cook isn't taken care of, and he makes a break for the dining area, then strike him with the nightstick.
"I got this one."

Using my amp, grab his head and twist a full 360 degrees.
((You guys are all about excessive force, aren't you?))

Run into kitchen. Scream "CIVIC DEFENSE, GET ON THE GROUND!" at the cook. If he resists and isn't shot, gooped, burnt, or decapitated, subdue with nightstick.
((seeing as Yttra was looking at the back door and there was a building in between her and the flashbang i'm just gonna assume she's fine?))

Yttra watches her teammate telekinetically open the door with zero craziness, zero explosions and perfect effectiveness. Well how about that.

@Morul "Huh. Wow. Nice one. Wow. Neat."

Enter via now-opened back door. Cover Morul, shooting anyone who attacks him (or me) with the pistol. Scope out the kitchen to see who's in here with us. Say to them:
@Kitchen Staff "We don't have any business with you, keep out of the way and you won't get hurt."
and, after listening to the screams in the diner, add: "And if ya wanna just scram out the back door here, which i would 100% recommend, now's the time.".

You seem to have missed the action that would probably have involved me shooting the cook with a tranq pistol as soon as he attacked Morul.

So, this turn i guess is…

Stand around looking shocked at the quickly unfolding brutality.

CAN DO!

Well, Morul is closest, so he goes first, then We get huge cluster of dex rolls.

[exo:5+1]

The cook's head twists straight off his body. Then explodes like an over ripe melon being hit by a sledgehammer. Amongst the splattered gore and blood you can see something metallic and shiny.

Well, that renders a lot of these posts superfluous. Except for pancaek.

Pancaek steps over the corpse and walks toward the stairs. The stairs lead up maybe 6 steps before dead ending with a suspiciously heavy duty metal door. Seriously, it looks like they tore it off a armored truck or a safe or something. You can't see anything with your cam eyes; but that in and of itself is something odd. It's not like the normal inability to see through metal or seeing only dull, unfocused material, it is pitch black. Something is actively blocking your sight.

"Bad news, alien fuckery's higher than we thought. That void's not just an information barrier, it's an outright sheath. Tried to punch through it, bounced me across the street.

Hopefully it won't be as hard getting in from the top or bottom, but if so we may have problems."

Extricate self from air conditioner, leap and/or gecko back up to cult roof. Cameye the satellite dish's connections to see what they look like vanishing into the building. If there's a trapdoor or other obvious way in, attempt to use it.

((can't wait to see how this fails))
((You're welcome. With me in the way, the failure should be obvious. :P))
You pull yourself free and clamber back up the building until you reach the roof. The satellite's connections look remarkably normal, just wires bundled together going through a small hole in the roof. Of course, your cam eyes can't see anything besides utter blackness again, even if you try to peek down through the hole. This is problematic.

And yes, there's a metal hatch over in the corner of the roof that looks like a good way down. It's got a padlock on it but, well, thats not really an issue for someone who can dig their fingers into brick.

Shoot the dish with the chaingun. Watch out for cops.

"Take that, inanimate object!"

((can't wait to see how this fails))
(you put the guy with a -1 to will in charge of a mounted machinegun? Is it my birthday?)

Lerman twitches for a few seconds then straightens up and cracks his neck.

"No respect for private property. Kids these days."

Lerman holds down the trigger on the heavy mounted machine gun and just starts randomly sweeping it across the first story of the building. Armor piercing rounds the punch straight through glass, brick, metal and drywall, spraying debris and dust as they hiss through the diner and kitchen and tear great holes through anything in their way.

Morul and D'usse-clearly utilizing her experience with driveby's and the importance of getting the fuck down- hit the deck.  Taddok takes a round to the left arm, about halfway between his shoulder and elbow. His Longcoat manages to just barely absorb the force, but the fabric shatters like glass, as does Taddok's Humerus.  Hasala takes a round flat against the right side of his chest and it punches through his vest as though it wasn't even there. He drops without a sound. Jack gets hit twice, the first straight through his gut, which, being a robot, doesn't effect him much, but the second catches him in the left shoulder and rips the limb off entirely. He goes spinning into the wall and then falls to the ground. Yttra just happens to be standing in the right position to have a round otherwise destined for her chest to hit her riot shield. It punches straight through the shield but that plus her longcoat is enough that she gets away with nothing but a nasty bruise. Kyle takes a round straight to the side of his gut and his belly bursts like a pinata. He gurgles and collapses.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Wrong side of the Dakka
« Reply #243 on: June 04, 2014, 01:12:24 pm »

((WHY SMURF WHY MUST YOU DO SOMETHING THAT EXCEEDINGLY DUMB))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 04, 2014, 01:38:34 pm »

"Uh, Faith? I think we've got a situation here. I believe our APC just shot up the diner area. Also, the stairs leading up are blocked by a very large metal door, same utter blackness effect as with the outside of the building. How are things on your end?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 04, 2014, 01:57:06 pm »

((I suspect that giving the chef a job is now out of the question.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 04, 2014, 01:59:04 pm »

"FUCK!"

Scramble towards the hatch on the floor and see if it'll open. If it opens, climb down if I can. If not, try to find some piece of cover to hide from the angel of death that's spewing murder through the walls.

Also, try to evaluate how badly my arm is hurt. Can I still use it?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 04, 2014, 02:25:03 pm »

((I WARNED YOU ALL
also, I give up at this point, bring on the chaos from my bad luck))

((Don't you 20/20 hindsight me!))

Try getting off the turret.

If because mindfuckery I can't, turn on the radio! Mow down the blackness!

*manical laughter* THIS IS GREAT! I should probably stop though...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 02:55:09 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 04, 2014, 02:39:06 pm »

((Can't blame that solely on pure bad luck smurf, your action was still to use that machinegun to shoot up things that posed no threat whatsoever, and without charging a bonus.

But hey, keep it up, maybe we'll get to send a rescue party after all.  :P ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 04, 2014, 02:40:26 pm »

((I WARNED YOU ALL

Mow down the blackness!

*manical laughter* THIS IS GREAT!

(( .... Please continue. I'm just going to go update a certain script. No reason. :P ))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 04, 2014, 02:43:55 pm »

((Can't blame that solely on pure bad luck smurf, your action was still to use that machinegun to shoot up things that posed no threat whatsoever, and without charging a bonus.

But hey, keep it up, maybe we'll get to send a rescue party after all.  :P ))

((How the hell does one charge a bonus?
I am blaming it on bad luck anyway, since he turned shooting a radio dish into me mowing down the first floor of the building. I think lerman's insane now though.))

((I WARNED YOU ALL

Mow down the blackness!

*manical laughter* THIS IS GREAT!

(( .... Please continue. I'm just going to go update a certain script. No reason. :P ))

((Happy to oblige.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 04, 2014, 02:47:15 pm »

((...are you sure you're not even going to try resisting/moving away from the gun? Because one way or another we're going to have to get Lerman to stop using the APC.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 04, 2014, 02:49:30 pm »

((I'm willing to bet a couple tokens that this is mind control. And not just because tokens have no meaning on Hephaestus.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 04, 2014, 02:52:12 pm »

((...are you sure you're not even going to try resisting/moving away from the gun? Because one way or another we're going to have to get Lerman to stop using the APC.))

((Edited my action. I have a will of 0, and I'm using a minigun. Pretty sure I'm an alien thrall by this point, so the minigunning will prolly continue.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 04, 2014, 03:25:54 pm »

"God dammit, I knew that APC would be nothing but trouble. Any medics still in one piece, tend to the wounded and stay the fuck down. And don't touch the shiny implant in what's left of the chef's head."

Crawl up to the shiny thing and use an artifact container to scoop it up. Then continue crawling to the door, and try and get a good look at the APC. Charge an exo bonus to rip the gun off, trying to leave Lerman in one piece.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 72