Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 171851 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Wrong side of the Dakka
« Reply #285 on: June 09, 2014, 10:50:30 pm »

If I fail my will (again): TESLA ARC UP IN THIS BITCH ((gungnir))
((You might want to specify which you're using. Electrolaser will use Conventional, Tesla Saber will use Unconventional (and maybe Dexterity).))

((I'm using the Tesla Arc. There's one on the Gungnir, it uses Uncon.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 09, 2014, 11:00:11 pm »

If I fail my will (again): TESLA ARC UP IN THIS BITCH ((gungnir))
((You might want to specify which you're using. Electrolaser will use Conventional, Tesla Saber will use Unconventional (and maybe Dexterity).))

((I'm using the Tesla Arc. There's one on the Gungnir, it uses Uncon.))

((No Tesla Arc on the Gungnir. The Tesla Arc is a device the size of a minigun (it's kinda like the electro-cannons from the Matrix sequels), and the Gungnir is meant to be a rifle, so it uses the more compact Tesla Saber.

If it were a Tesla Arc you'd just get fried, by the way. You're sitting in the top of a metal box, and the Arc doesn't quite understand the concept of "aiming".))
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:01:49 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 10, 2014, 12:27:45 am »

((Curses! I was lied to  :'())
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 10, 2014, 01:44:56 pm »

"Hmm"

Scan the hatch with cameye modes. See if the padlock is the same blackness as the rest of the building. Then gently knock on the hatch, as if I were to knock on a door. If nothing happens after knocking and the padlock is not the same blackness, then break the padlock.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #289 on: June 11, 2014, 10:18:42 am »

"Nap time."

Use the Force my amp to grab Lerman's shield, and carefully bash him in the head with it, trying to knock him unconscious.

((So glad I grabbed this amp. Has served me admirably.))
You point at Lerman and jerk your hand to the side. His shield, as though pulled by invisible wire, obeys, and is torn from his grasp and hurled somewhere far to your right, down the street and out of view.

If I fail my will (again): Lightning bolt that motherfucker. If that fails, cutting torch his riot shield (and him) in half.

If I succeed in my will check: Drop weapons, cower in APC. Keep eyes open for cops.

[Will:5]
Aw, fun's over.

You immediately drop your cutting torch and raise your hands over your head.

"WASN'T MY FAULT. ALL OF IT WAS AN ACCIDENT. I JUST TRIPPED AND FELL ONTO THE GUN AND MURDERED HALF THE TEAM. I'M GONNA GO LOCK MYSELF IN THE APC NOW."

And so you did.

Go through dead Cook's pockets, look for key or similar items. Determine if I can still work the shotgun with my one good arm.
You search through the pockets of the nearby corpse. You find a keyring in his left pocket.

And yes, you think you could use the shotgun, but not very fast. You're gonna have to do the pump action by catching it between your neck and shoulder or with the back of your knee or something similar. Not easy, not fast, but doable.

Quote from: piecewise
It opens outward, or at least it would if there wasn't a padlock on it.
Does that mean I can see the hinges?  If I can see the hinge pull out the part holding the hinge together, think it's called a pin.  Also try breaking the padlock with something.
We'll just assume Hap lets you borrow the keys he just found and you unlock the padlock, but don't open the door yet, since you didn't say to.

Yttra hides behind at least seven layers of brick, metal and armour. Whatever's shooting her teammates, it isn't shooting her. That's for sure.

$#@! what the *&^% %^!*banging bullets coming out of the %^&*licking walls and what the *&^% everyone's acting like this $#@! is *&^%ing normal *&^%ing day at the office oh $#@! oh #@!$ oh *&^% me

Yep. Calm and collected.

Continue cowering.

[Cowering Intensifies]

Crawl towards front of the restaurant.
You crawl out to the front of the restaurant. The Waitresses and handcuffed patrons are still there, still alive amidst a dusting of drywall, concrete, broken glass and smoldering wallpaper. Sunlight shines through the perforated metal window grating in grubby, thick beams.

"A little help faith?"
Ready shield, keep head protected from cutting laser and running-shield-bash lerman off of the APC roof with shield then beat senseless and confiscate all weaponry, continue beating untill cured
He appears to have spontaneously healed himself. Hmmm. You still really wanna whack him though...

"Hmm"

Scan the hatch with cameye modes. See if the padlock is the same blackness as the rest of the building. Then gently knock on the hatch, as if I were to knock on a door. If nothing happens after knocking and the padlock is not the same blackness, then break the padlock.
Looking at the hatch reveals nothing; a normal metal hatch over a void of nothing.

You knock against the hatch, your knuckles connecting only for an instant against the metal. As you pull your hand back, a glowing trail of electricity, a twisting yellow stream of light, arcs from the hatch to your hand, following it as you pull your hand back. Your entire body spasms and jumps backwards involuntarily, slamming into the concrete banister running around the perimeter of the roof and twitching uncontrollably for several seconds. A few small arcs dance across the surface of the hatch afterwards, before it settles back down to normalcy.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 11, 2014, 03:38:49 pm »

"Hrmm. Steve, if it comes to it, what would our chances of an aerial extraction be? Or are we just gonna have to make a run for it in the APC?"

Head back to the downstairs hatch, and open the container with the implant in it, and examine the implant. Ask Steve if he recognizes it.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 11, 2014, 04:38:50 pm »

"Folks, I have the basement unlocked, any objections to me heading down there?"
Head to the basement, go slowly and watch for traps.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 06:15:03 pm by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 11, 2014, 04:56:04 pm »

Go for it. I'll be right behind you.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 11, 2014, 05:18:13 pm »

Peek my head out of the turret. Who looks angry?

Also, meerkat watch for the police.

"I DENY EVERYTHING"
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 04:08:41 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 11, 2014, 06:17:40 pm »

As the bullets seem to have stopped some time ago, Yttra starts to calm down. Well, as much as a heart rate of 180bpm can be considered calm.

She knows she's heard most of the team speak up just like they're fine. But Kyle didn't seem fine. And he was the doctor. Even if he was lying about having a medkit so he could chase kitty tail. He was still the doctor. And now he's splattered all over the kitchen, guts mixed in with chef brains.

Well they'll be sending the *&^%ing army now. Unless that was the army. $#@!. No. No it was that guy who said he didn't do it. It was him on the *&^%ing APC! What the *&^%! $#@!! It was that thing! That thing in the basement! It overrode the Almighty Steve and it's gonna kill us all!

Yttra sits behind her dumpster, torn between being a sitting duck just waiting for an army sniper to take her out, and being closer to her teamkilling teammates. It's a tough choice.

*&^% this.

Crawl back inside and find Kyle. Hide under the riot shield. See if he was really lying about having a medkit. If he wasn't, see if there's any way the medkit can fix "guts outside the body" type problems. ((put my medic hat on? meditate on medicine? charge a med bonus? how does this work?))

Also try not to throw up.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:27:48 pm by yobbo »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 11, 2014, 07:08:16 pm »

"I'm thinking of transferring some of the hostages to another building, to draw the police away from here. There's some mystic voodoo shit going down and I don't want a part in it."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 11, 2014, 08:05:24 pm »

"Police coming in half an hour. We need to move quickly. They will be coming angry and fast when they come. We can handle them if we need to, would be best if we didn't have to.

Moving the civilians far away is a good idea, as the odds of this building remaining standing in the near future are not great. Anyone wants to avoid weird aliens, helping to haul people away is a good way to do it.

Pancaek, how are things on your end?"

Examine door leading upstairs. If it has a keyhole, borrow the key and use it. If not, shrug and knock politely.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 11, 2014, 09:05:19 pm »

Begin rounding up the hostages. Take a look outside at the other buildings in the surrounding area.

"Can someone outside give me some info on what we have around here? Apartments? Shops? Office complexes?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 12, 2014, 02:42:17 am »

"Orders Miss Faith?"
follow orders given, otherwise support/backup faith
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 12, 2014, 12:03:29 pm »

"Pancaek, how are things on your end?"

"Well, I tried touching the hatch. Now I'm currently flat on my ass on the other side of the roof, still slightly twitching with electrical aftershock. I'm starting to think that forcing my way through that hatch won't be a good idea at all."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 72