Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 168646 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Wrong side of the Dakka
« Reply #300 on: June 12, 2014, 03:09:56 pm »

"Can someone outside give me some info on what we have around here? Apartments? Shops? Office complexes?"
"I think everything around here is apartments, but I can't swear to that. Might wanna dump them a building or two away, you know how we get with explosions."

"Orders Miss Faith?"
follow orders given, otherwise support/backup faith
"Not sure. Right now we've got at least three ways in, but they're not looking as simple as we'd like. Brute force appears to be failing, so I think we're all bottlenecked trying the subtle way in."

"Well, I tried touching the hatch. Now I'm currently flat on my ass on the other side of the roof, still slightly twitching with electrical aftershock. I'm starting to think that forcing my way through that hatch won't be a good idea at all."
"Figures. I wonder if this thing is alive? Can't imagine why it wouldn't want us inside if so...

Anyway, we found a key down here, and we're trying the downstairs hatch with it. If that works, it might work up there too."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 12, 2014, 03:17:23 pm »

"Having experience with living architecture, I think it just might not want people crawling around it's guts. Would you?"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 12, 2014, 03:31:48 pm »

"Figures. I wonder if this thing is alive? Can't imagine why it wouldn't want us inside if so...

Anyway, we found a key down here, and we're trying the downstairs hatch with it. If that works, it might work up there too."

"Allright, I'm not going to try and force the thing again. I'll stay up here and watch for cops. Tell me if that key works, and I'll try it up here as well. How's that sound?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 12, 2014, 03:44:55 pm »

"Having experience with living architecture, I think it just might not want people crawling around it's guts. Would you?"
"With this crew I'd be more worried about explosions than ickiness, but no."

"Allright, I'm not going to try and force the thing again. I'll stay up here and watch for cops. Tell me if that key works, and I'll try it up here as well. How's that sound?"
"Good."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 12, 2014, 04:01:00 pm »

Get up and ge to the edge of the roof. Look around with camaye zoom for cops/hostiles

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 12, 2014, 04:55:33 pm »

Grab twist-ties. Move to a nearby apartment complex, or a building of the same size, and then fire a shotgun round in the air before taking there as new hostages. Keep an eye out for anyone trying to come downstairs or from another entrance.

"Hey, one or two of you that ain't doing shit, we need to move these hostages to this building."
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:22:25 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 12, 2014, 08:39:34 pm »

Ask Yttra to take a look at my arm and put a splint on it, or whatever sort of wizardry can be done with the medkit. Head downstairs after, following whoever goes down.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #307 on: June 13, 2014, 12:22:07 pm »

"Hrmm. Steve, if it comes to it, what would our chances of an aerial extraction be? Or are we just gonna have to make a run for it in the APC?"

Head back to the downstairs hatch, and open the container with the implant in it, and examine the implant. Ask Steve if he recognizes it.

>run for the APC. I'd rather not have us associated with this sort of thing, if I can help it.

You head back to the downstairs hatch and let steve see the implant through your camera.

>It looks something like an amp, but modified. I think It might be a burnout amp. Not sure what kind though.

"Folks, I have the basement unlocked, any objections to me heading down there?"
Head to the basement, go slowly and watch for traps.
The trap door opens up into darkness. The light from the kitchen shines down onto nothing, save for the first dozen or so rungs of a metal ladder that appears to be suspended over nothing, attached to nothing, and leading to nowhere. Uh...

Peek my head out of the turret. Who looks angry?

Also, meerkat watch for the police.

"I DENY EVERYTHING"

You peek your head out for a moment, look around and then scuttle back inside.

As the bullets seem to have stopped some time ago, Yttra starts to calm down. Well, as much as a heart rate of 180bpm can be considered calm.

She knows she's heard most of the team speak up just like they're fine. But Kyle didn't seem fine. And he was the doctor. Even if he was lying about having a medkit so he could chase kitty tail. He was still the doctor. And now he's splattered all over the kitchen, guts mixed in with chef brains.

Well they'll be sending the *&^%ing army now. Unless that was the army. $#@!. No. No it was that guy who said he didn't do it. It was him on the *&^%ing APC! What the *&^%! $#@!! It was that thing! That thing in the basement! It overrode the Almighty Steve and it's gonna kill us all!

Yttra sits behind her dumpster, torn between being a sitting duck just waiting for an army sniper to take her out, and being closer to her teamkilling teammates. It's a tough choice.

*&^% this.

Crawl back inside and find Kyle. Hide under the riot shield. See if he was really lying about having a medkit. If he wasn't, see if there's any way the medkit can fix "guts outside the body" type problems. ((put my medic hat on? meditate on medicine? charge a med bonus? how does this work?))

Also try not to throw up.
It appears (going by the wiki) That he was lying about it. He's very unconscious but doesn't seem dead yet. For better or worse, his injuries are horrific to look at, but rather slow to kill. You think you might be able to....maybe...sorta squish the guts back up inside him and then cover the hole with something. That would help, right? You look at the body for a bit too long and have to quickly turn away and suppress a dry heave.

"Police coming in half an hour. We need to move quickly. They will be coming angry and fast when they come. We can handle them if we need to, would be best if we didn't have to.

Moving the civilians far away is a good idea, as the odds of this building remaining standing in the near future are not great. Anyone wants to avoid weird aliens, helping to haul people away is a good way to do it.

Pancaek, how are things on your end?"

Examine door leading upstairs. If it has a keyhole, borrow the key and use it. If not, shrug and knock politely.
You use the keys to open the door. That was easy enough. Through the door is the second floor, what appears to be the main living area. It has been renovated fairly significantly, old walls torn away, leaving nothing but a large open space punctuated with support beams. Scattered across this open space are beds, maybe 3 dozen of them, neatly lined up along the walls, more like a barracks than a private residence. In lieu of walls, dividing curtains, like those around beds in hospitals, have been hung in seemingly random intervals around the room, cordoning off chucks of beds, what looks like a bathroom and shower, and other areas. There are several people in the room, about 3 that you can see, a fourth or more you can hear stirring around in some nearby, but obscured area. There three you can see are odd looking. Two men and a women: One of the men has something very clearly implanted under the skin of his right arm and part of his torso; some sort of lattice of thin forms that causes his skin to have a tiled or scaled appearance. The Second man doesn't appear to have a head; just a bit of gristle and scar tissue at the end of an otherwise vacant neck. The woman is normal in appearance but she's standing in a very strange way, sort of hunched forward with her arms drawn back behind her, almost as though she's handcuffed.

They all look at you.

Begin rounding up the hostages. Take a look outside at the other buildings in the surrounding area.

"Can someone outside give me some info on what we have around here? Apartments? Shops? Office complexes?"
So just to get this straight. You want to leave this building, walk to a neighboring one, take as many hostages as you can, at gun point, and walk them back into the diner.

Just checking so I know this wasn't like...some sort of spasm or you wrote this while having a stroke.

"Orders Miss Faith?"
follow orders given, otherwise support/backup faith
Gonna assume you followed her up to the second floor.

Get up and ge to the edge of the roof. Look around with camaye zoom for cops/hostiles
No sign of them yet. Best you can see are some people still running from the diner a few blocks away. Everyone else seems to have huddled down in a building or at least off the streets.

Ask Yttra to take a look at my arm and put a splint on it, or whatever sort of wizardry can be done with the medkit. Head downstairs after, following whoever goes down.
I hope she rolls 6 so I can have her splint your arm with  his guts and then push you down the hatch into the yawning void below.

Because it would be funny.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 13, 2014, 12:29:08 pm »

No, take hostages to another building, then take everyone in building number two hostage as well. Mainly, move everyone to another building.

@ piecewise: in case this still isn't clear, with 'hostages' he means the civilians in the diner, who are tied up and who survived the apc onslaught. He wants to transport them away from the diner.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 01:01:29 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 13, 2014, 12:45:11 pm »

No, take hostages to another building, then take everyone in building number two hostage as well. Mainly, move everyone to another building.

@ piecewise: in case this still isn't clear, with 'hostages' he means the civilians in the diner, who are tied up and who survived the apc onslaught. He wants to transport them away from the diner.

((Hey TCM, might want to be extra clear so you don't lose another turn))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 12:47:39 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 13, 2014, 01:00:39 pm »

((Thanks Radio. Yeah, guess I need to clarify.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 13, 2014, 02:13:34 pm »

"Okay, that's pretty weird.  I've found a void here at the basement.  Total darkness, I'm going to test if I can hear from it."
Find a large piece of debris and toss it down the steps.  Pay attention to when I can't hear it anymore.  Wait for someone to look into the abyss.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 04:03:21 pm by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 13, 2014, 03:49:01 pm »

Turn on the APC's radio, try and find the police channel. Check if driver man is still there. Keep checking for cops.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 06:19:37 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 13, 2014, 03:52:23 pm »

"Burnout amp? From the sound of it, I'd wager that it fries your brain when activated? And I'd hold off on tossing that down there until we've had a better look. Someone with Cameyes wanna gaze into an abyss?"

Take a peek into the abyss, and turn on my headlamps. If I still see nothing, turn them off, and look with the light amplification mode.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 13, 2014, 05:22:07 pm »

"Umm... "
if one of them is slightly away from the others shield charge and lay the beatdown, if the one that is stirring is much further away then perform shield charge and lay beatdown
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 72