Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 168672 times)

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Wrong side of the Dakka
« Reply #420 on: July 03, 2014, 08:36:36 pm »

"I'm not ready to run quite yet, but we'll see how this goes down.  Though if it does go bad would you like me to try to carry you to safety?"
If the restraining action goes bad throw a flashbang at Faith and run.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 04, 2014, 09:05:30 am »

"Nice of you to offer, but if things go bad I want you to just run as fast as you can. I'll be fine by myself."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 04, 2014, 05:05:47 pm »

Force hostages to enact a fanfiction. Now.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 05, 2014, 12:31:16 am »

PLAY MORE TETRIS
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #424 on: July 05, 2014, 09:14:11 am »

Force hostages to enact a fanfiction. Now.

OK

PLAY MORE TETRIS
You realize you're free right?

Can I walk with leg boobs? If not, unweld them off my chest onto the stumps where my legs were this time.
You can indeed walk with them. You've somehow run the stump wires, through your suit, and up to the chest piece of the garment. You do walk in a hilarious, slightly uncanny fashion though.

Crawl into a safe-looking corner of the APC, hug own preciously-still-attached legs and start shivering.
I'd think you'd be more inclined to start banging on the driver's head and screaming for him to gun it, but hey, to each their own.

((WHoops, looks like I missed the update because I fell asleep. Ah well.))

"All right, I'm gonna try something. You may want to get ready to run"

Let the sphere down the hole in the floor and put it on the other side of the kitchen. Switch to a cameye setting that lets me see Fiath inside of the ball. Then release my power on the ball and instead focus on Faith's arms. Once she starts breaking free of the sphere, use mass amp to hold her hands behind her back, observe results

IF after a few seconds of hands behind back nothing seems to happen, tear off her arms with amp, just to be sure. If the banshee does come out, create a sphere of force in her center mass that expands violently and very shortly outwards, EG make a very short explosion of force inside of her.

You get Faith's arms behind her back and then...nothing. Specifically, she stops  fighting.  There's an odd release of heat and a bit of light but no sign of the banshee, as you put it.

Prime and lob a flashbang at the two, making sure I look away from the detonation. Then rush bandages, and attempt to wrestle the gun away from him. If, before I get there, he aims at me, jump into voidspace, take two steps, and then jump out, and, if in a position to do so, continue to rush him and take his gun.

((I realize he has no head, but I'm out of ideas. And who knows, it just might work. Also, the Wiki says I have a flamethrower, even though I'm pretty sure I don't. Do your notes say I have one? I just want to make sure of the location of Schrödinger's Flamethrower, so I can update wiki accordingly and stop confusing myself.))
You hurl a flashbang towards bandages and then look away. A moment later your helmet's audio receivers cut out and you jump up and run for bandages, who seems...not so much blind as just distracted. You grab his rifle.

As soon as you get your hands around it you know you've made a mistake. Bandages, who you can now tell has been dead for a while, slumps limply to the ground. You feel that same razorblade feeling you felt in your side, except now it's crawling up your arms. It reaches your shoulders and your arms, now completely out of your control, move to press the rifle against your chest.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 05, 2014, 11:55:08 am »

"SHIT!"

Use my amp to toss the rifle away from me, making sure it doesn't land near bandages or Scubaman. Then yank sucbaman out of his bubble, and hurl him into the wall with the door. If he moves to get to the water, tackle him, and make sure he doesn't reach it.

((You still want that rifle Unholy?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 05, 2014, 02:22:20 pm »

Crawl into a safe-looking corner of the APC, hug own preciously-still-attached legs and start shivering.
I'd think you'd be more inclined to start banging on the driver's head and screaming for him to gun it, but hey, to each their own.
((she's waiting for more teammates to get in the APC))

Looks like Yttra's out for the count.

pass turn

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 05, 2014, 02:51:41 pm »

"Err, what now?"
Follow Pancaek's orders.
((I might not have access to internet next week so this is going to be my standing action.  If Pancaek dies then just have him go into survival mode.))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 05, 2014, 05:10:24 pm »

"Time to make do."

Back up the stairs, find what I am shooting next.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 05, 2014, 08:58:29 pm »

Yttra watches, horrified, as Lerman starts tottering about on his chestlegs.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 06, 2014, 01:30:49 am »

Wake up?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 06, 2014, 01:37:41 am »

D'usse pulls her breastplate back on. "That's why abstinence is the only answer ever, chinennes."

Embrace inner cat.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 06, 2014, 02:52:42 am »

Wait in APC for teammates
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 06, 2014, 05:14:57 pm »

"Okay, Jack, go around her and grab her hands. Hold them behind her back and for the love of the pantheon don't let go of them. Also, scream if you feel yourself being controlled.

Hey Steve, you can stop zapping Faith if you haven't done so by now.""

"Oh yeah, let's have someone else touch her, great idea."

Keep holding her hands behind her back and order Alarith's character to go and grab her hands behind her back. Once Jack has grabbed faith's hands, stop using my amp. Observe results.

If Faith starts moving again, hold her hands behind her back with my amp once more

If nothing seems to happen, sigh a mental sigh of relief and look around for Faith's club, grab it if I can see it, use amp if I can't reach.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:03:10 pm by Pancaek »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 06, 2014, 05:19:53 pm »

((One slight problem: Jack only has one arm.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 72