Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 171811 times)

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #525 on: July 19, 2014, 07:56:27 am »

Look at the beds. Try to guess how many were in use, and thus how many cultists there might be.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #526 on: July 19, 2014, 01:25:06 pm »

((OH FUCK. Welp, time to see if I can take passengers.))

Fight the mind control, and if I break it, grab Faith, and press the button on my voidsuit. If it doesn't work, use my amp to rip Faith's limbs off. Hope I don't overload my amp.
You can't get control back, but you fight the cold, distant influence in your brain; struggling against a will greater and more prepared then your own. You can't get your hands to activate the suit, but at least you prevent your amp from firing or your body from moving.

If I'm still conscious, try to negotiate with Anne. We can be reasonable about this. We can totally be reasonable about this.
Faith's head squirms about a bit, seemingly possessed of a different consciousness then her body.

"Could you please give me my body back? I'm sure we could talk about this, find an amiable solution and laugh about it later! HA HA..ha...SHE'S NOT BUYING IT GUYS GET THE FUCK OUT OH GOD MY BODY IS A FUCKING MONSTER! IT WILL MURDER YOU SO GOOD. AND IF IT PRESSES THE BUTTON ON IT'S WRIST THEN SHIT GONNA GO EVEN WORSE.

WHY DID I SAY THAT OH GOD OHGOD. OH SHIT. GET THE FUCK OUT  OF HERE. WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GO! GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE, YOU STUPID IDIOTS! FUCK WE'RE ALL DEAD! GET THE FUCK OUT!

Somehow I can tell the driver to get us out of here.

"Ugh... shit morul...Okay then everyone I am now leader of this team and we are on the run, I will do my best to get us out of this mess."
Jump back into the apc and get driver to get us as far away as possible without being followed and to try not to attract too much attention doing so, belay counter orders, with violence if truly necessary, send messages to steve, pancaek and D'usse

Kill it! Kill it with turret!

"This is why I get to sit on the turret."

"LERMAN GODS HELP ME WE DO NOT NEED TO ATTRACT ATTENTION RIGHT NOW! GET OFF THAT TURRET"

Quote from: @Steve
Currently fleeing, need support, Faith and Morul possessed, taken command of APC and evacuating as much of team as possible. Pancaek and D'usse need evacuation. Also shock lerman if he doesn't get off the turret within the next few seconds or attempts to fire. he is posing a serious threat to the survival of everyone in this APC.

Quote from: @Pancaek
Taken APC and moving majority of team away from problems, requested assistance from steve. Suggest working with D'usse
Try to stay alive.
-Konrad

Quote from: @D'usse
Taken APC and moving majority of team away from problems, requested assistance from steve. Suggest working with Pancaek
Try to stay alive.
-Konrad
Kill it! Kill it with turret! Cover retreat!

"This is why I get to sit on the turret."

The apc squeals back out of the alley and gets itself back in line with the road as Lerman strafes the street with machine gun fire, sweeping long, unaimed arcs of armor piercing rounds  across store fronts, police cars and blacktop until the gun runs out of ammo.

"DRIVE CLOSER! I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY BATON!" He shouts as the APC thunders off down the road in the opposite direction, leaving destruction in its wake.

As the dust clears it appears that Lerman has mowed down several police men, caused Faith and morul to duck close to the ground to stay out of the line of fire, and shot pancaek right in the head, as well as putting several rounds into D'usse's building, including one only a few inches from her head.

"Why can't I catch a break."
Continue cowering and maintaining Con bonus.
You cower as hard as you can, brick dust still settling on top of you from where the bullets strafed about a foot above your head.

"So, who do we want to win?"
"Not-faith and not-morul, obviously."
"Really, won't they just come back to finish us off?"
"Hmm, good point. So who do we want to fight most, 15 angry swat people or faith and morul?"
"I'll get back to you on that once our options start sucking less. By the way, people are talking to you."

@Yttra "No. I'm ready to make a retreat, but this place has annoyed me too much to just run away. But a slight tactical retreat seems in order, right now, I reckon."

Quote from: Pancaek->Konrad
Affirmative, try and get everyone out of here alive or mostly in one piece. You have my permission to either ask steve to shock Lerman or use excessive force yourself if he becomes a problem.

Godsspeed.

scuttle back a bit, continue to overlook the standoff. Should someone attack me, defend myself. Should not-Faith and not-morul turn back towards the building, try and scuttle away to where D'usse is without being seen.
You scoot back a bit as the shooting starts and get maybe 2 feet before a bullet catches you in the nose and splits your  head in half like a melon. Well great. You've lost the cam eyes, but you've still got other, lesser cameras to watch through.

Look at the beds. Try to guess how many were in use, and thus how many cultists there might be.
Someone has run through here, flipping things over and digging through, looking around for other hostiles hiding in the room. It's hard to tell anything with the scene disturbed as it is. You'd guess maybe 6-8 people?

Possessed faith doesn't leave morul's side; instead she waits for the shooting to stop and then scoops her unresponsive friend up and leaps backwards, springs off a wall and lands on a nearby roof, where she sets Morul down gently. The police, the ones that weren't mowed down by Lerman, are firing wildly. Some fire bursts at Faith as she ascends the building, others fire at the retreating APC, while still others fire at seemingly nothing in particular, just sweeping bullets across the road. Faith, or the thing controlling her, switches the club to her other hand and then leaps off the building. She falls toward the men below, a few shots punching into her, raising bursts of milk white blood as they sink maybe half an inch into her alabaster flesh.  The club itself is heavy, 40 kilos of solid metal. Faith herself is twice that, at least, of dense muscle and metal skeleton. The fall is at least three stories. The police don't know whats coming, but anyone who has ever used or seen a kinetic amp in use knows with terrifying certainty what will happen when the impact force of 140 kilos falling 10 meters is squared. 

There isn't anything to see; just a noise like the world ending and then a wall of wind and dust. Every window in a half mile radius shatters, and the two buildings closest to the impact zone collapse, much if the street punched straight into sewer below and reduced to pieces of rubble a few inches across at best. The entire street is lost in a haze of dust, obscuring everything and coating the world in a fine layer of reddish, black filth. The Diner is still standing, battered but seemingly in much better shape then the buildings around it. Pancaek finds himself smashed up against a wall, D'usse is on her head in a corner, the front of her hide out partially smashed in, and Jack is alive but buried in rubble in a completely different building, having been squeezed out of his cover and shot several meters by the shockwave.

Hotdrops are something very different to see from the ground. As Yttra runs over to the window to look out on what the fuck just happened in the street, she sees something. A blink of metal and a trail of fire. Two comets, each trailing a hell of exhaust and black smoke, are falling towards the street at a frightening speed, juking about rapidly as they zero in on their target. They're miles away one instant and then the next, they're altering direction, a nose dive banking sharply into a horizontal descent, skimming the rooftops. They hold there for a moment before nosing down and vanishing. For an instant she thinks they've crashed, before the scream of their engine's reach her, distorted as they echo down the street. She sticks her head out the window and there they are, a wall of flame and smoke, a two skeletal shuttles surfing a pyroclastic flow of rocket exhaust as they fly straight down the center of the street. They rise for an instant, just high enough to miss the APC driving away in the opposite direction, and then they're down over the road, so close the battle suit in the first shuttle is throwing up sparks as its toes scrape the ground.

The battlesuit disconnects while the shuttle is still slowing, throwing itself free and digging its heels into the ground, skidding to a stop and leaving a hundred feet of torn up street behind it. Renen is a blur of black, freeing himself and leaping onto the face of a building, clinging to it like a metallic gecko. The shuttles fire retrorockets and slow themselves coming almost to a complete stop as they drop the rest of the team off on the street, simply dropping them out of their harnesses and down 10 feet onto the blacktop.  And then the shuttles are gone, screaming back off into the air, almost straight up, miles away before the wall of sound and smoke can catch up with them and rumble down the street.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #527 on: July 19, 2014, 01:47:33 pm »

Ah, perfect landing! Wish I had some music for that...
"Everyone okay?" asked Flint as he got his mining laser ready, looking around for any potential threats.

Scan the area with cameyes (looking for living/moving things and anything out of the ordinary (beyond the obvious)) as I move towards Pancaek's position, so that I can carry him around.

If possible, try to help Jack out of the rubble along the way.

While doing so, be on the lookout for any danger, be it space magic or possessed teammates. Industrial Mining laser is in position for a sweep against any potential target's legs, ready to retaliate in case of danger.

Ask Steve the following:
"Pancaek says some of our allies have been mind-controlled. Can you give us access to our possessed teammates camera feeds? Or their locations?"

EDIT: The building I pointed at was the one TCM is in.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 06:25:34 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 19, 2014, 01:48:51 pm »

"maybe I'll just rest here a bit. I seem to be losing body parts rather fast."
"He hurt us. He destroyed our body"
"Yeah, he's a dick"
"He shall pay"
"quite"

Quote from: Pancaek->friendly comms
rescue squad, please come in. This is Pancaek, glad that you're here. How briefed are you about the situation?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #529 on: July 19, 2014, 01:55:52 pm »

Hey, it's that guy. I like that guy.
"Not at all. The big boss just rushed us down here to save you from some kind of possession with little time for questions."

"I'm happy to see you're still alive. Where are you all at?"
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 01:57:57 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 19, 2014, 02:02:00 pm »

Quote from: Pancaek-> flint
Right, yeah. So, most of the team is either dead or wounded. The majority just left on that APC you probably saw. I believe recruit Yttra is still with us here somewhere. Recruit D'usse is in one of the surrounding buildings as well, guarding the hostages. I'm currently inside of the diner, my legs are gone and my head was just hit by a gauss round. Faith and morul are somewhere here as well, but they are both possesed by cultists and hostile. And then there's the police, but I believe the local constabulary is the least of our problems.

I was able to restrain the possesion on faith earlier by forcing her hands behind her back, but the one that has possesed Morul brokek the chains holding her hands.

Also, perhaps we should send a message to miyamoto about recruit Lerman. The man has killed and wounded several teammembers and is a high threat.

So, how was your day?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #531 on: July 19, 2014, 02:07:44 pm »

"Clearly not as interesting as yours..." replied Flint as he tried to process the information.
We still got it...

"Right, so first order of business is to take care of our immediate problems: secure Morul and Faith while keeping the rest of our teammates and civilians safe. What's their location?"
Once he got an answer, Flint continued.
"Are you and the rest of your team able to assist? Does anyone require immediate medical attention or evacuation?"

Flint looked at all the destroyed buildings around. He hoped that nobody was hurt.
Yep. We definitely still got it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 02:09:39 pm by Parisbre56 »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 19, 2014, 02:11:10 pm »

Calmly take off my helmet, and look around calmly, with a smile on my face, and think of those good old days when I fought with my clan against those who called themselves civilized

"Ahh yes, I know this smell, it brings back good memories, just like it was yesterday, smells all just the same."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 03:07:34 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 19, 2014, 02:12:24 pm »

Quote from: Pancaek->Flint
I believe all of the wounded and temporary dead were on the APC. I don't know how much D'usse and Yttra will be able to help, but I can surely give it a shot. I don't have legs and my head just got split open like a watermelon, but I can still move and still have acces to some smaller cameras. So I should be able to give some support still.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 19, 2014, 02:17:23 pm »

Quote from: Jack->Pancaek
Uh, situation update here.  I appear to have been buried.  Not sure where, I'll see what I can do.
Can I struggle out of the rubble somehow, or am I packed in?
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 19, 2014, 02:24:14 pm »

Quote from: Jack->Pancaek
Uh, situation update here.  I appear to have been buried.  Not sure where, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: pancaek->Jack
Good to hear you're still with us, jack. See if you can get yourself out. If you can, try and regroup with the rescue team. If you can't get out, just stay where you are, someone will probably be able to find you with your suit's signal

Quote from: Pancaek-> rescue team
It seems Jack is also around here somewhere but he's buried underneath rubble.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #536 on: July 19, 2014, 02:26:08 pm »

Head split open... Oh, right, robotic bodies.
@Pancaek:"Okay, I'll come get you as soon as I can, maybe try to help Jack while I'm at it. If you can move on your own, can you try to make your way to the entrance? You know, since I have some... size problems? I'll carry you the rest of the way. Together we can probably take care of Faith."
Kinda like Jim and Miyamoto in Hephaestus... Wait, who's Jack, again? Was he the guy who was stuck in that flesh thing?

((ACTION EDITED))
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 02:40:10 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 19, 2014, 02:29:51 pm »

"Orders?" Jack asks on the radio.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 19, 2014, 02:42:09 pm »

Quote from: Pancaek->Flint
Yeah, I think I can manage crawling to the entrance. Just be ready to pick me up, I'm in no condition to be out in the open with all the hostiles still around

Crawl on my stomach to the diner entrance and be picked up by Flint

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #539 on: July 19, 2014, 02:51:51 pm »

"Orders?" Jack asks on the radio.
"According to Team Origin, there were civilians in that building over there along with an allied soldier."
Flint said pointing to the building Pancaek said D'usse was in... whoever that D'usse dude was.
"Can you go check their status along with a teammate, maybe help them out? Otherwise, stick close and keep your gun ready."
Flint thought about it for a second.
"Also stay close to your teammate and keep your gun ready if you go to check the hostages out."
Wait a sec...
"But not too close. There is an unknown risk of mind control around here."
Flint sighed.
"Just generally be careful, keep your gun ready and try to help any allies around. Except if they become possessed and start attacking other allies. In that case, just try to disable them."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 07:16:57 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 72