Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 168606 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #600 on: July 24, 2014, 12:07:24 pm »

Well, that was totally anticlimactic.

"Uhh, so what now?"
Flint got the Rainbow Cannon ready, switching its selector to Yellow mode. This causes the gun to change its rifle like shape and become very squat, almost like holding a large box with a grip coming out the back. The front of the box as a concave form, like a satellite dish set into the rest of the body.
"I propose we send people to investigate the diner while I fly to the roof and wait for Faith and Morul to reappear. Maybe I'll lay some Yellow mines down the street while I wait. Not the one the APC went towards, obviously.

I think the diner is the best choice because it seems to be reinforced and able to survive all the destruction happening around it, so if Faith reemerges from below or Morul pops into existence again, they won't be able to damage us. Plus, there's a chance Faith is actually tunneling underground so that she can get to that basement, in which case we need to be ready for when she emerges. If she's actually tunneling away from here to get ready for another attack, then Steve should be able to tell us when she's coming long before she's here."
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:56:57 pm by Parisbre56 »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 24, 2014, 12:32:34 pm »

Open the closet, if it is a threat, slash it with my blade. If not a threat or it's dead, open up the package i'm supposed to open. Afterwards, take cover near hostages and charge con bonus.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:38:40 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 24, 2014, 12:37:44 pm »

"Uhh, so what now? Should we send people to investigate the diner while I wait for Faith?"

Input: Details, Flint. What information are you getting? Is Faith in the skylines or ground level? I've my rotary prepped up and my team ready to-...well they're spreading out anyway.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #603 on: July 24, 2014, 12:52:24 pm »

"Uhh, so what now? Should we send people to investigate the diner while I wait for Faith?"

Input: Details, Flint. What information are you getting? Is Faith in the skylines or ground level? I've my rotary prepped up and my team ready to-...well they're spreading out anyway.
"Well, according to Steve, Faith is still possessed and moving somewhere underground. I think she might be tunneling for the diner's basement.
And Morul just... vanished. Don't know what happened to him."
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:57:09 pm by Parisbre56 »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 24, 2014, 01:09:38 pm »

Bored but alive, bored but alive...

Hey, Konrad? Why'd we dump the incap'd people on the ground in an alley?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 24, 2014, 01:57:57 pm »

Get out of the road and closer to a wall. Be ready to avoid any attack.

Steve, Miya. Where is Faith moving towards? Can you tell?
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 24, 2014, 02:25:02 pm »

Cecil, suddenly realizing how idiotic it is to stand outside, decides to run over to the diner as fast as he can make it, keeping his monorazor prepped just in case something dives out at him.

Get to the diner. Charge dynamic bonus.

Punch the ground while inside the Diner with my amp I guess. Better than eating tables.

Okay this time make it to the diner and follow my team leader to wherever we go. Charge dynamic Uncon bonus.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 01:46:06 am by Pufferfish »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 24, 2014, 03:00:48 pm »

"Time to rest. Wonder why he isn't here. You know, I don't really care."

Rest my brain, and begin building some mental defenses. Keep an eye out for any signs of Timmy.

((Got the funniest picture of Steve getting a "Morul Migurkeshin has logged out" message.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 24, 2014, 05:09:08 pm »

"Uh, I guess I'll head back to the diner."
Yup, move back to the diner.  Keep my eye out for weird mind control stuff.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 24, 2014, 05:30:22 pm »

((Hmm. I have a problem: I don't want to leave the APC nor the wounded/dead alone, but stationing thea APCat the diner is dangerous, and letting it stay where it is means condemning at least one player to staring at a wall for a good while. Hmm. Wish I had npc's for this kinda stuff  :/  (and no, I don't trust Lerman to do that, he'd find a way to screw up somehow.)

PW, if I left the APC without an active player, could I assume the driver notifies me in time if anything would happen to it? Cause if not, I'll be forced to have a player stand around and do nothing for a long time. Alternatively, could you tell me what we would need to do to get a shuttle down to evacuate our dead? If we could do that, then I wouldn't need to assign anyone to watch over them, andd all players that are still alive could actually play.

"I... I see. I'm sorry for ever doubting you, sir."
"Ah... Don't worry too much about it, I may have overreacted. Let's just try and finish this mission now, ok?"

Myamoto, Renen here. I will be just waiting for you to give me the order to attack. If that thing gets this body, things will turn bad.
"Understood."

I think Miya probably wants to keep you unconscious, so even if you woke up you'd just be zapped again. Your Reign of terror is over...for now.
Oh yes, very. Lerman is out of the mission as far as Miya is concerned.

"Konrad, Taddok, please stay put for a little while longer. I'll speak to Steve about that medivac.

Cecil or Knuser, please go over to that care package Flint dropped and check it's contents. Auron, quickly check whether Pan could regain his mobility if he used your exosuit. You still have your synthflesh, so you'll be fine either way.

Okay then people, now that we have a moment respite, here's the plan:
I'm dividing you into three teams.

Team 1 will stay with the APC until all the wounded and dead are either in a safe location or extracted. Konrad, Taddok, I trust you two with the lives of your teammates. Once your job is done I'll add you to another team. Oh, and please take away Lerman's weapons, and keep them with you for the moment.

Team 2 will have four tasks: one, prepare for and repel further attacks from the military or police. Secondly, take on Faith, or other hostiles, should she re-emerge, and finally keep the ground floor of the diner and street secured and deal with any civilians or hostages there might be. This team will consist of Flint, Pancaek, Knuser, D'usse, Jack Catar and Yttra. Flint, you will be in charge of this team, if you think you can handle it. Remember there are smoke canisters in the care package should you need concealment.

Team 3 will be responsible for clearing out the diner, starting with the basement since it seems that is where Faith is moving towards. This team is made up of Feyri, Renen, Auron, Cecil, Jonathan and Jack Hansan. Renen, do you think you are capable of leading this squad, or would you prefer I pick someone else? This team's job is to stop Faith if she is moving towards there, and try to find out whatever the cultists are hiding down there. If I have confirmation Faith is moving in that direction, I might send Pancaek down to support you with his amp."

Ask Steve where exactly Faith seems to be moving towards. Is it towards the diner?

((Note, yes I know that two teams of 6 seems a bit large, and that with three teams of 4 we could start sweeping both basement and upper levels. However, since most of our troopers here are newbs, I didn't want to risk sending in understrength squads again.

Also, I would normally pick Feyri for team leader, but with Tiruin's bad net i can't risk it.))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:06:37 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 24, 2014, 05:42:28 pm »

"What foul sorcery is this?"

Scuttle out of my alley and cautiously grab any swat gear thats lying in the street nearby.

If i see Faith, incinerate her lower spine with my manipulator.

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 24, 2014, 07:09:05 pm »

((Worst case, I'll take the APC babysitting duty. Wouldn't want to leave our primary mode of evac alone with the driver anyway; if memory serves he's just in it for the pay: getting to drive off in a piece of military hardware would probably be a nice bonus from his perspective.))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 07:54:01 pm by Hapah »
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #612 on: July 24, 2014, 07:11:19 pm »

"Okay, you heard the man, move out team."

@TCM & salsacookies: "I want Knuser and... Dooooschiiii...? to stay with the hostages until we know it is safe to move them. Keep your eyes peeled and your guns ready. Report anything suspicious and whatever you do, STAY IN COVER!"

@yobbo & Alarith: "Then I want Yttra and Knight to stay in the diner. Same orders as the others. Find cover, keep your guns ready. There's extra equipment in that box by the door if you need it."

@Pancaek: "Me and Pancaek are going to take the high ground. We'll be at the roof, scanning the horizon. I'll lay down some mines, just to slow anyone coming down. Any objections Pancaek?"

@Miyamoto, private: "Any idea what we should do with the hostages? I was thinking of releasing them, telling them to get as far away from here as they can. But what if Faith or somebody else attacks them? I also thought about moving them to the diner, since it's more sturdy and would allow all of us to watch them more easily but there's problems with that too. Mainly them being mind controlled or coming under attack. Any suggestions?"

((Why do we have two jacks? What kind of double heresy is this? I hereby declare that from now on, Alarith's Jack shall be called "Knight" for disambiguation purposes. Objections? None? OK, motion passed.))
Spoiler: Team Orders (click to show/hide)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 24, 2014, 08:42:28 pm »

Open the closet, if it is a threat, slash it with my blade. If not a threat or it's dead, open up the package i'm supposed to open

"It's just party people."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 24, 2014, 09:03:18 pm »

"Well, according to Steve, Faith is still possessed and moving somewhere underground. I think she might be tunneling for the diner's basement.
And Morul just... vanished. Don't know what happened to him."

After hearing Miya's ideas, Feyri voiced her intent over the squad/team comms.

Hold all orders and ponder this: Redirect Cecil and whoever has a kinetic amp to create siesmic shockwaves through the ground. Punch it.

That will at least slow down Faith until we can get the APC moving. Why isn't anyone driving the vehicle anyway?

Flint--I'll be providing suppressive fire along with coordinating my MKIII if needed. Are you en route to the position?

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 72