Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 172666 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #675 on: July 30, 2014, 01:04:05 pm »

((Assuming up on the map is north as per default mappy stuff))

So uh. That door over there looks like a good place to start.

Mind if I take a swing at it? It'd save you those bullets.

((Forgot we're in radio silence down here HAHA))

Yep punch that door down
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 11:26:41 am by Pufferfish »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 30, 2014, 02:48:49 pm »

"I have just had a horribly wonderful idea."

Can I take a step up? Like climbing stairs? I wanna figure out if I am limited to left, right, forward, back, or if I can move up and down too. Either way, brace self for any incoming mindfuckery, and leave the void.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 30, 2014, 03:01:08 pm »

Follow the walkway East to the intersection.

Once i notice bandages gun and scubas gear drop the artifact boxes over them and close the lids, use the tongs to push the artifacts in if necessary but try to touch them as little as possible

Use dynamic manipulator bonus to cripple any enemies that appear or remove any limbs that become infected with energy termites.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 30, 2014, 04:33:51 pm »

I'll let you have one more thrower.
Yeah, sure. We'll count it as done and there.
Making a map.
Thanks for the generosity.

>Faith's signal has changed. She's still broadcasting darkness but her location is moving rapidly away from the diner. She seems to be in a sewer tunnel, but is following it away towards the north.

'Damn, that's suspicious. Whatever she did down there, I don't trust it one bit. Maybe it's time to retreat by now and cut my losses... Hmm. No, gonna wait just a bit longer. Gonna give them a chance to work this out.

So many unknowns, so much to lose.'

Damn. I should had kept Pancaek.
"Roger that Steve. Permission to pursue, boss?"

"Sorry Flint, but permission denied. There's already a lot of manpower dealing with Faith and that basement, and those civilians are still not safe. Besides, you wouldn't fit, and I'm not sure Jack and three newbs would be up to the task of stopping Faith. However, if you want you can send one of your men down that door and tell the people there where she is heading, so they can pursue if possible. Tell that guy to get back after that though."

Continue tracking Faith's movements. Ask Steve for a map of the sewers, send it to ground team, and ask him to try and predict the path she'll take or where she's heading towards.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:36:14 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #679 on: July 30, 2014, 07:45:43 pm »

"Hah, but I don't NEED to go after her physically, boss. I can just collapse the tunnel she's in with a kinamp strike. Cut off her escape route. Or even just follow her to see where she surfaces."

Fly north, towards Faith, unless Steve says the kinamp plan won't work.
If Steve can give me Faith's position or if I can track her with cameyes, try to kinamp punch the road some distance in front of faith to collapse her tunnel and cut off her escape route. Use previously acquired dynamic bonus so that I do it cleanly, no collateral damage.
Ask Steve how possible it is that this is a deception and that her positioning signal and camera signal has been rendered unreliable. Ask him if he knows how can she see without cameyes or light amps.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 04:48:29 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 31, 2014, 04:42:29 pm »

"Hah, but I don't NEED to go after her physically, boss. I can just collapse the tunnel she's in with a kinamp strike. Cut off her escape route. Or even just follow her to see where she surfaces."

EDIT: I'll assume silence means consent, so: Fly north, towards Faith.
If Steve can give me Faith's position or if I can track her with cameyes, try to kinamp punch the road some distance in front of faith to collapse her tunnel and cut off her escape route. Use previously acquired dynamic bonus if possible so that I do it cleanly, no collateral damage.
Ask Steve how possible it is that this is a deception and that her positioning signal and camera signal has been rendered unreliable. Ask him if he knows how can she see without cameyes or light amps.

"Flint, I'll tell you the same I told Feyri: if you can get confirmation from Steve that this plan is even remotely viable, and that it won't screw us up further, then you can do it. For all we know those tunnels are too deep or sturdy for that to even work."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 31, 2014, 08:24:26 pm »

Yttra notices Jack quietly keeping lookout in the hastily fortified diner.

@Jack: "Hey. There's another of these things–" Yttra holds up her goop thrower– "in the box back there. It might be better than a shotgun. I dunno."

Well hurray for me. I didn't mention the eye. Or the missing arm. Or the gaping hole in his chest.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 31, 2014, 08:47:26 pm »

Yttra notices Jack quietly keeping lookout in the hastily fortified diner.

@Jack: "Hey. There's another of these things–" Yttra holds up her goop thrower– "in the box back there. It might be better than a shotgun. I dunno."

Well hurray for me. I didn't mention the eye. Or the missing arm. Or the gaping hole in his chest.
"Hmm, yes that would be useful, I hear that we wan't to minimize civilian and military casualties.  Thanks."
Look for and grab said goop thrower, work on making a shotgun nest.  (Kind of like a machine gun nest, but for shotguns.)
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #683 on: July 31, 2014, 08:51:01 pm »

((@yobo: Yeah, forgot about that, thanks.))

"Hey, you guys, down at the diner. One of you go and warn the people in the basement that Faith is quickly moving north and away from the Diner. Then get back up in the ground floor. If she tries to attack, we have to be ready. As ready as one can be for a ghost possessing a synthflesh acrobat with a club that hits hard enough to make craters."

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 31, 2014, 10:06:00 pm »

Go down to the basement and tell team 2:

"Hey. Bossguy says to tell you all that ‘Faith is quickly moving north and away from the diner.’" (then after a second's thought) "Other bossguy also sent everyone some videos of stuff i dunno if you all got them."

Wait a little bit for assurance that they got the videos (which they did) then climb back up the ladder to the diner.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 31, 2014, 10:17:12 pm »

If she's moving away from our area, then what in the world is up north? From memory, she only has a kinetic amp--and that's on her wrist. She can't travel back up if burrowed in that sort so she may either be looking for a way back, or there's something due North that catches her attention.

I'll try to project her location if anyone has details on what is up north, otherwise I'm making chase--she's a considered threat unless whatever has gotten into her has stopped. Has anyone found Morul yet? We were sent to evacuate them, and aid out.

<Respond via radio/wristpad>; Try to intuit any possible objective Faith is moving towards: Like, anything I saw earlier that could aid projection?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 01, 2014, 08:10:34 am »

Follow group leader.

If Faith; hands behind her back with amp

If other hostiles; heat 1 foot sphere center mass

Of no faith and no hostiles, see If I can't help auron get scuba and bandage's stuff into the box with my mass amp, so that nobody has to touch it.

If no Faith and no hostiles and no helping; charge will bonus
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 10:28:47 am by Pancaek »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 01, 2014, 09:16:51 am »

Once i notice bandages gun and scubas gear drop the artifact boxes over them and close the lids, use the tongs to push the artifacts in if necessary but try to touch them as little as possible
@Piecewise
By the way, with this part of my action i mean to try and either place the box over the artifacts and slide the lid under them, or to pin the object between the lip and the lid then spin the box so the artifact falls inside.

Oh and with the termite gun, if i have to use my tongs dont touch them against anything resembling a grip or trigger. Just in case that matters.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 01, 2014, 10:29:13 am »

"Hey, Auron. Let me give you a hand with that."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 01, 2014, 10:34:18 am »

Reply to D'usse's Funny hiding, and charge con bonus
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 72