Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 174184 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #765 on: August 07, 2014, 07:35:27 am »

"Something doesn't feel right."

Stay with the others that are staying in the basement.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #766 on: August 07, 2014, 12:27:15 pm »

"So. How's it going? Besides the fact that it's hit the fan again. Poor fan."

More brain rest.
You stand there with your hands in the air like you just don't care.

"Hey, Steve? You know about amps, right? What's the range on those mind control ones? If I mind controlled someone on the ground and then sent him to orbit, at which point, if any, would I lose control?"

Watch drone. Watch Morul. Ask Steve.

If my second floor teammate asks help, edits will be made to this action.

EDIT: Grab Morul and head down to the hole Faith came out of.
If Headless has attacked by then, shove Morul through the hole so he can disable him (keeping headless' brain intact in the process, preferably).
If Headless has not attacked, then try to persuade him to stand down and drop to his knees, informing him that he will not be harmed if he does so. If he does not comply, proceed with above dismembering.

If at any point Morul does anything suspicious, rip him apart until only his braincase is left.

If Morul is unable to attack for some reason (or if his attack fails), try to dismember Headless by shoving the the cutting laser through the hole and firing.

>Theoretically infinite. Once you have control, it's much easier, but as long as you know where the target is in relation to you, you can do it. Of course, because humans have difficulty processing distances greater than a few miles at best, most people are effectively limited to that range to start a connection.

@Jack, Flint, and the rest of aboveground team: "$#@!! There's someone on the second floor! He doesn't have a *&^%ing head!!"

If there's anyone other than headless in the room, immediately flee back downstairs. Otherwise attempt to goop headless, then retreat.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

You spray white goo at the headless man until he is plastered against the floor, his hands and feet being the only things remaining uncovered. They wiggle.

You look up as you hear to door to upstairs slam shut and lock again.

"Thats right you better run! Please don't come back oh god oh god."

A moment later a battlesuit slams into the wall next to you and starts shouting over its speakers about coming quietly and the utility of unbroken kneecaps.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

"Well everythings on standby but i stil cant tell what its supposed to do, lets loot the shit out of it before some cultist flips a switch and it magically reanimates this guy or starts spewing out clones or something."

Turn on the life signs monitor and make sure there arent 6 or 7 sets of life signs.
Gently push the corpse off of the throne and into a spare box using my reiterpallasch, or let pancaek do it with his amp.

Lifesigns monitor? Oh yeah, It think I remember that thing now.

Anyways, There's lifesigns in the room, but none that you can't account for as teammates. The corpse and the machines are all as lacking in life as Simus is lacking in warmth and compassion. And sexuality. And humor. And...well this isn't going anywhere is it.

Now, exactly what makes you think that those boxes you're carrying are large enough to fit an entire 6 foot tall human being? You're not carrying coffins around, are you?

Damn corpse gives me the heebie-jeebies. Never did like old, dead things. Cecil accounted for, Boss.

Hand Feyri my flashbang. Go look to see where the machines are pulling power from. That corpse gives me the creeps. Be ready to punch the everloving shit out of him if he so much as settles.
You give your flashbang to feyri, who seems to have extensive experience with them.

You look around but can't seem to find where the machines are getting power from. The only cords going into them are coming from the throne. Maybe the throne is powering then?

You keep an eye on the drone cam. Faith seems to be moving through downtown and is heading out back into the suburbs beyond. You don't see any obvious targets in that direction, it's very odd.

((She might just be running in the hope of escaping and restarting the cult someplace else. Either way, I'm not dedicating any manpower to hunting her down until the diner and basement are secured.))

>The only for sure way is a brain scan but we don't have the stuff for that in the suits. Less sure ways are to look at how he moves, speaks and reacts, as well as asking him questions only he would know.  All of these things CAN be faked to make it seem as though he's not controlled, but doing so quickly, reliably and believably is difficult.

"Hmm. Morul, suppose that Flint was a shuttle flying toward a meandering crystal, what would you do?"

Listen to his response, and observe his face and such through his suit sensors to try and determine if he's still being influenced.

((For the record, my plan was to wait until those two from the apc had returned, then I'd have assigned some of them to start sweeping the upper levels. Guess that plan got... forcefully accelerated.))

"Yttra, get the hell out of there, gonna send you back up. And never do shit like that again without telling somebody about it goddammit.

Jack Catar and Knuser, get up there and help Yttra, she's on the diner's second floor. Find her and regroup, shoot that headless thing if you see it.

Flint, watch Morul's reaction first, then check if you can help with the headless guy situation. Oh, and why in the name of all that's holy are those civilians still not gone? You have the people to do it for you even. Is this such a hard thing I'm asking of you? If you cannot complete such an easy task, I have to wonder whether putting you in charge of that team was a good idea."

"its Konrad sir"
"Just a slip of the tongue, don't mention it."

(you realize you're not on this team, right?)

Piecewise, for the moment Pancaek is indeed helping out the basement team, as per Miya's orders. Because I wanted him to be where we thought Faith would show up.
Didn't he lose his memory during that mission :P

"All right, headed up now.  Don't know how useful lethal force will be if it's headless, but I'm ready to apply said force."
Head up to find Yttra, shoot anything headless with the shotgun.
You head upstairs and find Yttra standing in front of a big pile of goo, screaming at flint, who is staring in through a hole in the wall.

This is weird.

Turn on the life signs monitor and make sure there arent 6 or 7 sets of life signs.
Gently push the corpse off of the throne and into a spare box using my reiterpallasch, or let pancaek do it with his amp.

Stay outside of the room if I can clearly see everything inside of the room from the doorway, otherwise go inside.

Help put the corpse into the box with my mass amp

Stay just outside of the room, observe what is within.

Charge will bonus

You charge a will bonus while sorta just sitting the hall, keeping an eye out for ghosts and ghouls.

keep on walken
Walken, eh?
You'll be there at the end of the next turn.

Keep heading towards to diner. Stick to alleys/etc when possible unless the streets are deserted.
Don't wanna become the Walken Dead eh?

Renen looks at Feyri.

You want to go upstairs... No problem, but it would be better if someone else also goes with you. I will stay here with the rest of the Team. It's better if all amp users stay here too.

Pancaek, don't move the body just yet. It's better to be sure of what we should do.

Feyri, since you will go upstairs, please send a copy of the video feed of what we saw to Steve and Miya and ask for an opinion of what we should do.

The ones that stay, get ready for anything suspicious.

I can't stop thinking about the strange fact that Faith didn't enter here. There is no sign of damage and she was going away from here. And he seems to be their idol.

Renen keeps moving around the room in BT. Get ready to avoid any sudden atack.

You pace around the room. It's difficult to move in normal speed while in BT. Everyone else sees you pacing in an odd shutterstop manner, limbs moving insanely fast and then stopping, holding the pose for a half second, then moving again. You skitter around the room like a broken video feed of a stop motion animation.

"All right, headed up now.  Don't know how useful lethal force will be if it's headless, but I'm ready to apply said force."
Head up to find Yttra, shoot anything headless with the shotgun.
Is there something I'm not being briefed upon or did you just speak of headless beings?
What is the composition of the floor up there and the walls?
Feyri said as she checked her other rifle, Also I copy, Renen.

Head upstairs with the weapon I can best say is suited for the occasion (ie Remembering if the rifle Anton gave me and its metallic conductive properties...following [Alarith's Character]

~~~
If Alarith isn't with us and I'm being hilariously forgetful [as in, he's not of our team :V]:

I copy, Renen. Send support right after me. I know how short these feelings tend to last.

Head upstairs with the weapon I can best say is suited for the occasion (ie Remembering if the rifle Anton gave me and its metallic conductive properties, inspecting the Diner first floor and listening with sounds at maximum, before moving throughout the building [upwards]. If I detect any noise above, make sure to announce my presence, along with a flashbang.

Cecil, please give me one stun grenade. If I meet any resistance, it'll pay off.
You head back upstairs and hear screaming from upstairs. You run up to the second floor door, shout that you're coming in and send a flashbang in ahead of you. As it flies in the "AAAAAAAAAAAAA" Becomes a "AAAAAAAAAAWha?" and then the bang detonates. You storm in a few seconds later and see three teammates, One of whom is wandering around, blind as her visor reboots. Flint and the damaged robot who are also hanging around in or near the room are giving you a rather confused look. Well, as confused as a robot and a wall of armor can manage.

Relay new information about the sewers
You send the info out to anyone with an active radio that can pick it up.

"Something doesn't feel right."

Stay with the others that are staying in the basement.
You stick around in the basement.

Faith, monitored by Flint, has made it into the suburbs, which look significantly older then the main part of the city. Probably some of the original structures in the area. He notices something as  he flies down the street above her, headed for some hills in the distance. A green sign which appears to be announcing some sort of destination in the distance, toward the area the road is leading.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #767 on: August 07, 2014, 12:48:17 pm »

((I really hope that destination is some sort of historical monument and not some kind of antimatter/Manipulator research centre.))

"Suspect incapacitated. Good job Yttra. Central, I need a drop off location."

Ask Steve the above. Throw one end of the rope I'm carrying thorough the hole.

"One of you, tie him up. Don't break the foam and do not touch him. Just tie him up real good like cattle. I'll pull him out of here."

Observe Faith. Observe sign. What is her destination? Does Steve know? Be ready to attack Morul/Headless. Keep telling headless he will not be harmed as long as he compiles.

EDIT: If headless is successfully tied, pull him out of the hole and airlift him up.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 03:14:12 pm by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 07, 2014, 01:06:28 pm »

"Well. A startling display of competence has once again been overshadowed by idiocy. Good job team. So. I assume that blob is the guy you wanted me to dismember?"

The brain rest shall never stop. Try and figure out much amp juice I have.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 03:21:12 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 07, 2014, 01:34:46 pm »

Uuuh guys I think the dead thing is giving off power that's not fucking kosher with me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 07, 2014, 02:58:00 pm »

Having seen Flint and the rest, Feyri checked one worry off.

Flint, radio the rest of your team. Ensure they are all safe. Something is afoot.

She looked at Yttra, who she didn't know at all.

What's going on here?

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 07, 2014, 04:00:18 pm »

It's all a little too much for poor Yttra.

Sit down.

She looked at Yttra, who she didn't know at all.

What's going on here?
She doesn't respond. Maybe because of the flashbang? But surely she should have recovered by now?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 07, 2014, 04:02:44 pm »

Feyri lowered her rifle and wondered.

Given the stories she heard about this place--amounted to mere hearsay and rumors--this was a sincere thing.

Hug Yttra.

Are you alright?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 07, 2014, 04:09:45 pm »

Didn't he lose his memory during that mission :P
((Yes he did, but we later told him what happened through dialog, so his character should know. Gonna assume he looked fine then?))

"Like going to the next level of the diner alone of course! What the hell were you thinking, going into hostile territory alone?"
"‘Hostile territory?’ I was *&^%ing going back to where i *&^%ing was 2 minutes ago. And it sure as *&^%ing %^&*worms didn't have a headless guy in it then. $#@!!"

"And you did so, without telling anyone what you were doing. That level wasn't secured, as shown by that headless cultist you've got there. You got lucky, though I'll also admit it was a very nice shot, but had you missed things could've turned out much worse. Next time, just try to tell someone of what you're going to do, ok? "

@Miyamoto: "I gave the order. It's not like I can do anything else about it, unless you want me to start shocking them or shooting them for not obeying it. I'd do it myself, but the building is already unstable and I'm afraid the battlesuit could cause a collapse."
"I know you won't like it, but yes Flint, if they outright ignore your orders for no good reason then you can consider shocking them. In a real military they'd get court martialed, and they'd be off much, much worse knowing the UWM."

"...you guys see any good movies lately?"
"I"m getting pretty sick of this. D'usse, if you don't start getting those civilians out of there now, I'm shocking you.

If D'usse doesn't start extracting civilians this turn, have Steve shock her. Mild shock, not debilitating.

"Suspect incapacitated. Good job Yttra. Central, I need a drop off location."
((Don't think Steve will want to send a shuttle down, since he answered this when I asked for a medivac:

In an emergency we could get a shuttle down, but lets try not to do that. Putting a shuttle down on the middle of the street is somewhat more obvious and slow then we'd like. Already did a hot drop, after all.

Ask Steve if there's military or anything like it incoming Ask for possible locations in that sewer where we could cut Faith off, assuming she's heading for the location that sign points to.

"Team, secure that level, find the key for opening that door, and get ready to move out. We'll leave as soon as Konrad and Taddok are here. Flint, I will consider sending someone after Faith once basement team gets back, no sooner. Need your firepower in case military shows up.

Feyri, why are you not with your team?"
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:13:20 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 07, 2014, 04:25:35 pm »

Feyri lowered her rifle and wondered.

Given the stories she heard about this place--amounted to mere hearsay and rumors--this was a sincere thing.

Hug Yttra.

Are you alright?
"Wh–"

Is she alright? She doesn't know.

"He didn't have a *&^%ing head!"

Yttra looks at the blob of goo.

"He didn't have a head… r-right?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 07, 2014, 05:03:53 pm »

Feyri followed her gaze.

Either its a cultist, or a non-sapient life form.

So even if 'he' didn't have a head, I believe it would not be something to existentially worry about. We may not be fighting with human species here. Or in the least modified ones. Have you encountered any other hostilities? Do you need a hand?

Feyri extended her arm with an open palm towards Yttra.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 07, 2014, 06:33:53 pm »

"Anyone want to help check the floor floor for more hostiles?"
Tie up the headless dude without breaking foam.  Go search the floor very carefully.  If no one else volunteers be even more careful.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 07, 2014, 06:45:44 pm »

"Uhh, Miyamoto? If you've decided not to kill me, I can probably open that door. Or, you know, just kinda walk through it."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 07, 2014, 07:19:12 pm »

Feyri followed her gaze.

Either its a cultist, or a non-sapient life form.

So even if 'he' didn't have a head, I believe it would not be something to existentially worry about. We may not be fighting with human species here. Or in the least modified ones. Have you encountered any other hostilities? Do you need a hand?

Feyri extended her arm with an open palm towards Yttra.
"I think i just need to sit down." says Yttra, trying to sit down but stymied by the fact that she's already sitting.

When the *&^% did i sit down?

It doesn't seem like she's going to say anything about whatever hostilities she may have encountered. Might be easiest just to check her suit's video feed.

I'd recommend going for the center of mass personally, with failure drill being two to the chest and one to the head, fancy stuff like kneecapping people is liable to get you killed, of course, going into batlle is likely to get you killed so maybe you're feeling really lucky.

Also that failure drill is assuming whaterver you're shooting at has a head... check out the VR sometime, you might fight it...informative.

"Hey if you guys aren't just 100% *&^%ing with me (which you are), and i see some headless abomination with 8 arms running towards me, i'm gonna shoot it in the *&^%ing torso with the shotgun. But if we bust into this place and there's just a bunch of people in a restaurant sitting down to dinner? I really don't think we should go around kneecapping random people who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Well *&^% me that guy wasn't even joking.

Guess i should be glad it only had 2 arms.

Wonder what he's doing now.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 07, 2014, 07:50:39 pm »

Quote from: Piecewise.
Now, exactly what makes you think that those
boxes you're carrying are large enough to fit an
entire 6 foot tall human being? You're not carrying
coffins around, are you?
((i knew id forgotten something...))

break the dead guy's spine and dislocate his hips an shoulders then fold him up and stick him in a box whilst pretending hes a contortioninst.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 72