Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 168647 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #915 on: August 28, 2014, 06:30:11 pm »

Wow I don't feel so bad... Everything's nice and fuzzy... Are we going now?

I'm along for the ride man. Don't care what happens just let them move me or whatever. Numb is nice dude.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 28, 2014, 06:54:46 pm »

GET TO DA APC
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 28, 2014, 06:56:31 pm »

Get into the death-and-disaster-box (APC) like a good girl.

No!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 01:36:41 am by yobbo »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 28, 2014, 07:24:53 pm »

"Ummmm. Steve? Can you confirm my location? I seem to be getting ready for re-entry."

If I don't receive a message from Steve, press the button. If I do hear from Steve, prepare a dynamic bonus to stop my descent.

((Oh.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 29, 2014, 04:15:23 pm »

"So, Renen, what's the plan? Should we just move to the rendesvous after we grab as much stuff from the eggs as we can? "

Hang on to Renen for now.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: August 30, 2014, 01:18:55 am »

Yttra looks around.

"Hey. Where's Morul?"

He was right there…!

Try to find Morul.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 01:38:25 am by yobbo »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #921 on: August 30, 2014, 11:10:37 am »

I just left this damn thing...

Get back into the APC.
Get in the APC
Get into APC ensure stuff is on APC

@Everyone nearby: "Okay team. Everyone pack your things and get in the APC, now. Head for the spaceport. I'll come later, so as to not attract any more attention than necessary. If anything comes up, call me and I'll provide support."

Make sure everyone and everything is in the APC (including Headless, and any artefacts and equipment we have lying around). Then send it to the spaceport, unless Steve or Miyamoto objects.
Ask Steve:
"Okay Steve, our team and the artefacts we have gathered are heading for the spaceport soon, unless there's something else you want us to do.
Could you send a shuttle to a location near the Basement Team?
Oh, and do you know where Morul is? Last I heard he used that fancy suit of his. I hope I don't have to dig him out of the building."

@Basement team: "I'm trying to arrange for Steve to send a transport near your location. However, it's very likely it's going to be a good distance away from the city. Do you think Feyri, Renen and Auron could carry you and the artefacts you've gathered to it?"
GET TO DA APC
Everyone that is around to get into the apc scrambles in and Flint gives it a good rap on the roof to let the driver know to get moving. The APC peels out, rumbling off toward the space port at about as fast as an enormous metal shoebox can manage.

>Just get out of there. We'll get the basement team when we can. You've got something more to worry about. From what I'm picking up over the radio the local authorities are preparing another go at taking you guys down. Chances are, you're gonna run into them on your way to the space port.

"Well its back to the basement i guess, steve wants those eggs gone and any data on them recovered if possible."

Head back to the basement and attempt to recover the egg data.

If it appears impossible for any of us to get the data, break open each egg in turn and steal whatever passes for computational equipment then melt whatever is left... unless it looks important/valuable in which case steal it too.

You dig around in the basement, running your hands across the panels of the machines and jamming your fingers in whenever you found anything that seemed loose. Eventually you just tear one of the cables connecting to the throne and juryrig a connection to your datapad. You download as much data as possible but there's far more then can be held on your pad.

Wow I don't feel so bad... Everything's nice and fuzzy... Are we going now?

I'm along for the ride man. Don't care what happens just let them move me or whatever. Numb is nice dude.
Currently, since you were with the basement team but weren't brought along to kill the dish, you're laying in the middle of a cul-de-sac, bleeding out on the street.

"Ummmm. Steve? Can you confirm my location? I seem to be getting ready for re-entry."

If I don't receive a message from Steve, press the button. If I do hear from Steve, prepare a dynamic bonus to stop my descent.

((Oh.))
>I suppose I should be inclined to ask exactly how you managed to get there, but it really doesn't matter at this point. You're actually on the complete otherside of the planet, somewhere above the Kármán line and descending. I don't suppose you have rockets on your suit?

"So, Renen, what's the plan? Should we just move to the rendesvous after we grab as much stuff from the eggs as we can? "

Hang on to Renen for now.
Keep on keeping on.

Yttra looks around.

"Hey. Where's Morul?"

He was right there…!

Try to find Morul.
Morul is nowhere to be found. Huh...it's almost like he vanished of the face of the planet.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 30, 2014, 11:16:28 am »

((Well, it seems we should have some psycho in control of the machine gun again.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 30, 2014, 12:01:18 pm »

Inform Steve and attempt to stream the data up to him, if that fails perform the following conversations and actions.

@Teammates "Hey guys ive got the egg data ready to download but i need more storage space, can you bring down some more wristpads?"

@Steve "Ive got access to the egg data but there might be too much for me to copy onto available storage mediums, if you decide to send a shuttle for us could you have someone put a high capacity storage device on board?"

Ask teammates to bring their wristpads over and try copying all the data off in sections on seperate devices.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 12:09:33 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 30, 2014, 12:02:17 pm »

((If the datapad can download it, and you have connection to Steve, you could just stream the info to him. Might take a while, but if the military isn't on to you it might be worth to consider.))

"Oh great, just what we needed. And here I though we'd be getting out of here.

Steve, next time, maybe try to tell us before they've mobilized.

Ask Steve if the APC could evade confrontation with the military by getting out of the city somewhere else and letting the shuttle arrive there.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 12:06:30 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: August 30, 2014, 12:04:59 pm »

((Well, it seems we should have some psycho in control of the machine gun again.))
((That wouldn't help much, considering it's out of ammo. :P))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 30, 2014, 12:05:30 pm »

((Actually, i might try that.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 30, 2014, 12:14:04 pm »

Stand guard.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 30, 2014, 12:34:20 pm »

"Some weird cultist thingy. I dunno. Entered into a black void with a bunch of cultists, and then suddenly I was here. So, uh, can I get a pickup, or do I have to land for that?"

Using my mass amp, attempt to fling myself into a stable orbit, or at least away from the planet.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #929 on: August 30, 2014, 01:23:04 pm »

@Miyamoto: "I can just go ahead of the APC and distract them. Shouldn't be that hard. Once I have their attention, the APC can just slip by using a side street."

Ask Steve to give me a good position for me to wait for the enemy so as to implement the above plan (distraction).
If Miyamoto's plan (alternate extraction point) is not feasible, then go to that intercept point. Bring a piece of rubble I could use as cover with me, if possible.
Once there, warn all civilians to get away while breaking the road with my robohands to disrupt traffic. Once the area is clear, get the rainbow cannon out, switch it to mine mode but do not actually fire it yet. Get behind partial cover if possible, so that I'm visible while not fully exposed. Oh , and remember to order the APC to take a detour to avoid them once I have their attention. Oh, and ask Steve if he knows what I will be facing.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 72