Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 78460 times)

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #930 on: August 30, 2014, 01:29:45 pm »

((Oh dear, I'm unsure if I'm with the APC or ...something somewhere back with Unholy Pariah's char.))

Logged
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

Unholy_Pariah

  • Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #931 on: August 30, 2014, 01:45:49 pm »

((With me obviously, APC is back near the diner.))
Logged
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Gentlefish

  • Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #932 on: August 30, 2014, 03:31:39 pm »

((Oh damn, really? I got left behind guys? Thanks.))

Hey big bossman in the sky, you hear me? Looks like I got left behind. Think someone can come get me?

yobbo

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #933 on: August 30, 2014, 05:23:16 pm »

((so is Yttra in the APC?))

If in the APC make sure i'm wearing my seatbelt.

If not in the APC, search the wrecked building for a) Morul b) that box of guns and grenades that was on the ground floor.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 07:20:21 pm by yobbo »
Logged

IronyOwl

  • Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #934 on: August 30, 2014, 08:20:13 pm »

Attempt to discern where my limbless eyeless teamkilling torso is currently located. First thing an ARM soldier needs to figure out under most circumstances, really.
Logged
2,500+ chapters about slapping faces
For bonus points, send all dwarves unable to grasp to the same holding.
Just one random town, comprised of almost nothing but dwarves living under bushes and overhangs because they can't hold picks or axes, warm in their heaps of unbuttoned shirts and untied boots.

Salsacookies

  • Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #935 on: August 30, 2014, 11:06:47 pm »

Off to the APC
Logged
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Corsair

  • Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #936 on: August 31, 2014, 12:19:10 am »

sit tight
Logged
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Grunhill

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #937 on: September 01, 2014, 08:05:38 am »

Actually, that's the plan.

Go back with the Team to collect some stuff and film the area, try to see if there are smaller data storage objects hidden within the eggs and take them.
If Auron's plans to get more info from the eggs works/is working, let him keep going.
Pick up Pufferfish's character if no one does so.


Then destroy everything else.

Logged
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Radio Controlled

  • Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #938 on: September 01, 2014, 12:17:20 pm »

@Miyamoto: "I can just go ahead of the APC and distract them. Shouldn't be that hard. Once I have their attention, the APC can just slip by using a side street."

Ask Steve to give me a good position for me to wait for the enemy so as to implement the above plan (distraction).
If Miyamoto's plan (alternate extraction point) is not feasible, then go to that intercept point. Bring a piece of rubble I could use as cover with me, if possible.
Once there, warn all civilians to get away while breaking the road with my robohands to disrupt traffic. Once the area is clear, get the rainbow cannon out, switch it to mine mode but do not actually fire it yet. Get behind partial cover if possible, so that I'm visible while not fully exposed. Oh , and remember to order the APC to take a detour to avoid them once I have their attention. Oh, and ask Steve if he knows what I will be facing.


"Very well. Try not too get too far separated, because without Gilgamesh for cover that APC is quite vulnerable.

Also, someone in that APC get on the turret with a gun. The turret is empty, so that's a no go."
Logged


Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #939 on: September 01, 2014, 06:36:07 pm »

((Oh dear, I'm unsure if I'm with the APC or ...something somewhere back with Unholy Pariah's char.))
((Right.))

Aid [Unholy_Pariah's character] in looting the area; intuition danger level in the diner upper levels; remind others that there are still hostiles about from Yttra's conversation earlier.
Logged
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

Hapah

  • Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #940 on: September 01, 2014, 11:21:41 pm »

If I can somehow by the grace of God work a Gauss Rifle with one arm, hop into the turret and prepare to lay down the law on anyone that tries to stop the party bus. Otherwise, only get in there if nobody else does, and use the shotgun.
Logged
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #941 on: September 02, 2014, 11:56:22 am »

Inform Steve and attempt to stream the data up to him, if that fails perform the following conversations and actions.


@Teammates "Hey guys ive got the egg data ready to download but i need more storage space, can you bring down some more wristpads?"

@Steve "Ive got access to the egg data but there might be too much for me to copy onto available storage mediums, if you decide to send a shuttle for us could you have someone put a high capacity storage device on board?"

Ask teammates to bring their wristpads over and try copying all the data off in sections on seperate devices.
You set up the stream, running it through your suit instead, to save time and make it easier.

>This will take a bit. Move to the next machine as soon as the current one is finished. We'll do this as quick as possible, even though the military will probably be far too busy with your friends to notice this group on the outskirts.


((If the datapad can download it, and you have connection to Steve, you could just stream the info to him. Might take a while, but if the military isn't on to you it might be worth to consider.))

"Oh great, just what we needed. And here I though we'd be getting out of here.

Steve, next time, maybe try to tell us before they've mobilized.


Ask Steve if the APC could evade confrontation with the military by getting out of the city somewhere else and letting the shuttle arrive there.


> Think the problem is going to be getting out of the city in general.  There are already air units on their way and the ground units can't be far off. Just get moving, at this point where they go doesn't matter; just get far enough out that we can pick them up and get out of the range of any tracking they might do.


Stand guard.
Sit sentry

"Some weird cultist thingy. I dunno. Entered into a black void with a bunch of cultists, and then suddenly I was here. So, uh, can I get a pickup, or do I have to land for that?"

Using my mass amp, attempt to fling myself into a stable orbit, or at least away from the planet.
You focus very hard on hurling yourself up and out of trouble. Perhaps a bit too hard. Your body, already damaged, gets hurled upward with enough force to tear your torso clean in two and leave your brain floating around in the upper half, nothing more then a right arm, head and part of your chest.

You do, however, manage to put yourself into either a stable orbit or maybe even launch yourself away from the planet. Regardless, you're no longer falling towards the planet.

@Miyamoto: "I can just go ahead of the APC and distract them. Shouldn't be that hard. Once I have their attention, the APC can just slip by using a side street."

Ask Steve to give me a good position for me to wait for the enemy so as to implement the above plan (distraction).
If Miyamoto's plan (alternate extraction point) is not feasible, then go to that intercept point. Bring a piece of rubble I could use as cover with me, if possible.
Once there, warn all civilians to get away while breaking the road with my robohands to disrupt traffic. Once the area is clear, get the rainbow cannon out, switch it to mine mode but do not actually fire it yet. Get behind partial cover if possible, so that I'm visible while not fully exposed. Oh , and remember to order the APC to take a detour to avoid them once I have their attention. Oh, and ask Steve if he knows what I will be facing.


>Ok. The road that the apc took away from the diner is west, alright? The Air units are coming from the south, out of a air port in that direction. The ground units are coming from a military base to the north. I'm guessing police units might be coming as well, and they're from the east, the same way as last time. As per distracting them...about the only way to do that would be to cause enough damage or mayhem that they choose to focus on you.

((so is Yttra in the APC?))

If in the APC make sure i'm wearing my seatbelt.

If not in the APC, search the wrecked building for a) Morul b) that box of guns and grenades that was on the ground floor.
Hard to search a pile of rubble, so we're gonna put you in the APC.

The black helicopters and armored vehicles are moving out towards you guys and you're just hanging around? Confident, aren't you.

Attempt to discern where my limbless eyeless teamkilling torso is currently located. First thing an ARM soldier needs to figure out under most circumstances, really.
You have one camera left, located in your chest. It is showing darkness. But you know that before that someone picked you up and threw you in a box. So You'd assume you're still in a box. Hopefully, if things go poorly, you can just pretend to be some sort of macabre collectors edition trophy being shipped via space ebay and that these guys just intercepted you on the way to your actual destination.

Off to the APC
In the APC you go.

sit tight
Stand Loose
Actually, that's the plan.

Go back with the Team to collect some stuff and film the area, try to see if there are smaller data storage objects hidden within the eggs and take them.
If Auron's plans to get more info from the eggs works/is working, let him keep going.
Pick up Pufferfish's character if no one does so.


Then destroy everything else.


You pick up your delimbed teammate, who is becoming rapidly deadish.  "You will not survive long without medical aid." You tell him. "I am requesting medical aid from our teammates. If it does not arrive, preservative measures may need to be taken."

You carry him back down to the sewer and, after filming the throne, slice it apart.

((Oh dear, I'm unsure if I'm with the APC or ...something somewhere back with Unholy Pariah's char.))
((Right.))

Aid [Unholy_Pariah's character] in looting the area; intuition danger level in the diner upper levels; remind others that there are still hostiles about from Yttra's conversation earlier.
Ti, I feel like you're kinda outta the loop here. The diner collapsed like two turns ago, and you're at least 30 miles from it. The "basement" was actually a sewer on the outside of town and moving through that black barrier from the diner teleported you out to it. That barrier is now gone, so you are stuck out there.

If I can somehow by the grace of God work a Gauss Rifle with one arm, hop into the turret and prepare to lay down the law on anyone that tries to stop the party bus. Otherwise, only get in there if nobody else does, and use the shotgun.
Well, the turret has no bullets left, but you can sure as hell fire a shotgun from the hole it's sitting in. So you get up wedge yourself in place, ready to shoot the shit out of anyone who looks at you funny. Hmm. Chambering a round after each shot is gonna be awkward...

"Hey, people. I need someone to help pump my shotgun. I've only got one hand."

"Thats all I've ever needed!" someone shouts back.

Parisbre56

  • Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #942 on: September 02, 2014, 12:47:00 pm »

((Perhaps I should had left my mining laser at the APC to use as a turret. Then again, they'd probably somehow slice the APC in half, so it's probably a good thing I forgot about that.))

EDIT: Wait a bit. Before I do anything else, could I perhaps just grab the APC or all the people and stuff in it and fly them to the spaceport before they reach us? Or is it a bit too heavy for me? If I can do it, then do that and disregard the below.

EDIT EDIT: Oh, and have that drone move away from the destroyed telescope's command centre and towards the basement team. Order it to land once there, so that the basement team can pick it up or use it if they want.

Quote
>Ok. The road that the apc took away from the diner is west, alright? The Air units are coming from the south, out of a air port in that direction. The ground units are coming from a military base to the north. I'm guessing police units might be coming as well, and they're from the east, the same way as last time. As per distracting them...about the only way to do that would be to cause enough damage or mayhem that they choose to focus on you.
I'm guessing the spaceport the APC is going is towards the west, right? If not, then tell it to just keep heading west.

@APC: "OK team, we've got Air units coming in from the South and Military units coming in from the North. There may also be Police units coming in from the East or from somewhere else. I will try to get their attention long enough for you to escape, but be ready to defend yourself regardless, just in case some of them decide to focus on you. I will focus on the air units, since they seem to be the most immediate threat.
Oh, and you might want to look in your rear view mirror if you want to see something impressive. There's going to be fire in the sky."


Damage or mayhem... I don't want to hurt people. They are just doing their job, trying to protect this city and its people. They've done nothing wrong. But that doesn't mean I can't cause some mayhem... For the greater good, of course.
"Okay, you say you want a big distraction? Watch this."

Point the Rainbow Cannon straight up at the sky, fire some Violet Overcharge and some Blue Lightning shots to grab people's attention. Then fire a Red Plasma beam. That ought to be at least moderately distracting.

If I have time this turn, once Gilgamesh finishes rebooting, fly towards the South. Ask Steve if he knows what kind of Air units I'll be facing and scan the air for them using camEeyes. Remember to use their zoom function and if possible have one screen displaying thermal mode and another displaying motion detection.


Spoiler: Red Mode notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:52:05 pm by Parisbre56 »
Logged
My projects & Sigpost
RETURN TO SENDER. REASON: APE TOO ANIME.
Quote from: Ozarck
Requesting the transfer of one Anime Ape to Sanitation Department.
Jon puts in a request for personnel transfer. Under the "Why" section he writes "Because it would be wicked sweet."

Gentlefish

  • Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #943 on: September 02, 2014, 02:34:55 pm »

Dead? That sounds bad. I like being comfortable.

Continue enjoying shock.

kisame12794

  • Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #944 on: September 02, 2014, 05:58:57 pm »

"Steve, am I in a stable orbit, or hurtling away into the depths of space? Stable orbit is nice, depths of space, not so much. Also, how are the ground teams doing?"


Try and locate my lower half, and charge a dynamic bonus to retrieve them.

((Crisis averted????))
Logged
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 72