Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 170722 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.
« Reply #960 on: September 06, 2014, 02:41:48 pm »

"Steve, you've got eyes on the events, is there any way to patch me in or something? All I need is line of sight and I can assist. Well, line of sight and a whole lot of luck...."

Ask if Steve can send live video of the current events to me. Helmet cams, or cameras on the Sword, anything currently pointed at the teams.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 06, 2014, 04:37:49 pm »

Ask Steve to momentarily shut down power in Gilgamesh (hopefully also shutting down the weapon), then restart the suit if possible (do not shut down if remote powering-up is impossible).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 06, 2014, 05:15:23 pm »

sit tight, wait for murder to begin
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 07, 2014, 10:13:51 am »

Enjoy myself a ride. Charge a con bonus to jump out of the door and start firing at stuff when necessary
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 07, 2014, 11:53:30 am »

Yttra goes over the mission in her head. A few things keep coming back to her – the letters A.R.M.… someone screaming "Shock Faith!"… Morul standing in the road after ripping half his body off – she doesn't know what any of it means.

She sits quietly, ignoring everything around her, just waiting for the driver to get them to wherever it is they're supposed to be going.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 07, 2014, 04:31:29 pm »

Unplug everyone then destroy the eggs and await pickup.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 07, 2014, 05:19:41 pm »

Keep on the lookout and ponder as to what exactly Faith referenced by that Upload back there--wonder if I've enough fuel to carry quite well everyone left behind back to the general area of the APC.

Subtly apologize to piecewise on being foncused .-.

What did Faith mean by the Upload?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 07, 2014, 06:06:57 pm »

Keep an eye on the Murderstorm. Close hatch if it gets close enough to zap us.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 07, 2014, 08:19:20 pm »

"...I"m a cat."

Is cat.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 08, 2014, 09:15:58 am »

If the data has already been sent. Help unplug everyone and destroy the "eggs" before heading for our pickup place with the team.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 08, 2014, 12:52:38 pm »

Hang onto Renen to get to the pickup with the team. Praise the pantheon my synthflesh body held up well enough to keep me alive and kicking, figuratively speaking.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 08, 2014, 02:55:45 pm »

follow.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #972 on: September 09, 2014, 02:37:39 pm »

EDIT: Before doing the below, see if I could get out and switch the gun to another mode (preferably No Colour Mode). Tie a sample container (or better yet several of them) at the end of one of those metal poles I have in Gilgamesh's backpack and use that to touch the Colour Selector Dial if it looks like the gun is dangerous to touch.

Else, pop that maintenance hatch open (by using the physical internal switch I found in tinker), get out and do whatever I have to do to shut this thing down.
If I can't get out, use that emergency release (NOT the escape pod function).
If I can't open the hatch, see if I could slice the cover or the 4 locking pins holding it with the monorazor.

((Note to self: get an on/off switch installed for that gun.))
You open the hatch just a bit and stick a pole out. You use it to flip the selector switch to one of the lines between the colors and the gun immediately powers down and contracts back into its normal shape. Whew. You quickly pull the pole back in and shut the hatch.

The storm is still boiling overhead but it doesn't seem to be spreading anymore. And, though it is still raining lightning down at a frightening pace and has essentially set several blocks of lower income housing and businesses on fire, at least it seems to be slowly clearing.

"Steve, you've got eyes on the events, is there any way to patch me in or something? All I need is line of sight and I can assist. Well, line of sight and a whole lot of luck...."

Ask if Steve can send live video of the current events to me. Helmet cams, or cameras on the Sword, anything currently pointed at the teams.
Steve sends you feeds of the current events.

You kinda wish he hadn't.
Ask Steve to momentarily shut down power in Gilgamesh (hopefully also shutting down the weapon), then restart the suit if possible (do not shut down if remote powering-up is impossible).
We'll belay that order since it wouldn't help now.

sit tight, wait for murder to begin
Stay frosty, get stabby.

Enjoy myself a ride. Charge a con bonus to jump out of the door and start firing at stuff when necessary
Charge a bonus to jump out of the back door of a moving car? That should be funny.

Unplug everyone then destroy the eggs and await pickup.
You kick everyone back, unplugging them via force, and then proceed to smash up all the eggs with a chunk of debris. Once you're satisfied that they're broken beyond repair, you head back out and sit down on the road near the manhole, right in the middle of the cul-de-sac.  You notice that someone is looking out of a window of a nearby house at you. When you look back they draw their curtains and hide. Hmph.

Keep on the lookout and ponder as to what exactly Faith referenced by that Upload back there--wonder if I've enough fuel to carry quite well everyone left behind back to the general area of the APC.

Subtly apologize to piecewise on being foncused .-.

What did Faith mean by the Upload?
You don't have enough fuel to carry everyone to the APC; and the rather scary looking storm hovering near the area they should be is making you think they're probably safer here anyways.

Keep an eye on the Murderstorm. Close hatch if it gets close enough to zap us.
The murderstorm seems to be falling back, or at least it's stopped advancing. Whew.

"...I"m a cat."

Is cat.
Goodbye Cat
If the data has already been sent. Help unplug everyone and destroy the "eggs" before heading for our pickup place with the team.
You join the rest of the highly trained and capable murders who are currently camped out in this little cul-de-sac like kids waiting for an icecream truck.

Hang onto Renen to get to the pickup with the team. Praise the pantheon my synthflesh body held up well enough to keep me alive and kicking, figuratively speaking.
Heh. Kicking.

follow.
I follow.

As the murderstorm falls back it is replaced by something else. The sound of sirens comes first, and then about 30 seconds later a half dozen police cars merge onto the road, giving chase and rapidly catching up with the APC. They're sleek, black metal things with flashing red lights and the passenger section of each of them has the windshield replaced by a metal panel with a slit in it. Rifles and handguns poke their barrels out of the slits and take aim.

Meanwhile, the helicopters have made it to the edge of the murder storm and are slowly moving in toward Flint as the storm subsides.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 09, 2014, 03:18:19 pm »

"Suddenly, being stranded in low Kano orbit doesn't seem all that bad. Gonna try something guys. Hold on."

If I can see the armored police vehicles, attempt to rip one of the tires off the lead vehicle, and steer it into a collision with the other cars.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 09, 2014, 04:21:52 pm »

Continue awaiting pickup. Lead basement team even further from the city if necessary.

If no pickup arrives, go watch the news in curtains house.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:59:17 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 72