Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 168675 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.
« Reply #975 on: September 09, 2014, 04:28:11 pm »

"APC team, you could use a smoke cannister to cover your retreat and make shooting you harder, just pop it and tape it to the roof or something. Or hold it up from the gunner roof. And maybe try if a goop grenade can disable or hamper a vehicle. If all else fails, and only then, is lethal force authorized.

Flint, try to catch up with the APC if you can and those choppers aren't coming for you."
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 02:25:14 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #976 on: September 09, 2014, 05:04:15 pm »

((@Radio Controlled: You might also want to tell the basement team that they have to get away from the city to be extracted, since they seem to be forgetting that at the moment.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 09, 2014, 05:05:17 pm »

"I'll see if I can do something."
use the goop thrower to leave a sticky trail behind, if that's not how the thrower works just stay out of the way.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 09, 2014, 05:21:27 pm »

What did Faith mean by the Upload?
"Faith didn't mean anything by it. We're not sure what Despair was talking about."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 10, 2014, 01:34:23 am »

Tape a smoke grenade to the roof and activate it, then toss a goop grenade behind us, as general bossyboots suggests. Make sure not to actually stick my head out there or anything. Just the grenades.

I wonder what happens if you die.

Maybe you can't. Maybe you just come back and everything happens all over again.

Yttra glances briefly at Hasala and Kyle. Kyle doesn't quite look fully dead yet, but it's probably just a matter of time.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 10, 2014, 02:57:03 am »

((@Radio Controlled: You might also want to tell the basement team that they have to get away from the city to be extracted, since they seem to be forgetting that at the moment.))
((Weird how they forget that.))

"Basement team, you need to get out of the city in order to get picked up. So get moving and be quiet about it."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #981 on: September 10, 2014, 09:25:07 am »

I'm sorry.

Walk towards a building so that I'm obscured from the fliers. Use cam-eyes to keep track of them if possible. How many can I see?

Try my radio. Is there any way I could contact them? If yes, then see if there is any way to negotiate. Something like:

"Puny humans. Our job here is done. The runaways and heretics in your midst have been eradicated. We are leaving your insignificant city. You have seen our power over the forces of the universe. You have no hope of stopping us. If you try to stop our departure from this city, you will only face death. Let us leave and we promise no more harm will come to you."
or some other appropriate speech rolled thing in this vein, since we can't say the truth about who we are and why we're here.

If they don't show any signs of standing down or if I can't contact them, get ready to for a full rocket speed assault at those helicopters. Once I feel ready, attack.

My aim is to move quickly, before they have a chance to lock on, and grab one by the tail. I'm counting on them hesitating to shoot near one of their own, which will hopefully give me time to aim my industrial mining laser at them and fire at their tails or rotors.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 10, 2014, 09:54:36 am »

Okay.

Get out of the city and make the rest of team head to the pickup area too, silently. Take Pancaek with me. Wait for the shuttle away from the city.

Also take the semi-dead guy if no one does.

>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 10, 2014, 10:18:21 am »

Follow team to pickup point.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 10, 2014, 01:11:28 pm »

Okay.

Get out of the city and make the rest of team head to the pickup area too, silently. Take Pancaek with me. Wait for the shuttle away from the city.

"Yaaay~ time to get out of this place."

Get dragged along by Renen. Await sweet extraction

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 10, 2014, 02:51:15 pm »

Don't think smokes will work. Goop might, though.

Get back inside the APC. Take a flashbang, and toss it high up behind the APC out of the hatch. When I hear it go off, peek out and try to shoot out a tire of the lead car with the shotgun.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 11, 2014, 04:03:18 am »

"MAKE A WALL!"
prepare riot shield for incoming fire if others available direct their users to do so or move them myself
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 11, 2014, 04:10:04 am »

"Basement team, you need to get out of the city in order to get picked up. So get moving and be quiet about it."

Right, [Unholy_Pariah's character {Sorry x_x}], I'll take point from here on out.

Take point; move along with the rest. Keep aware of surroundings.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #988 on: September 11, 2014, 02:57:25 pm »

"Suddenly, being stranded in low Kano orbit doesn't seem all that bad. Gonna try something guys. Hold on."

If I can see the armored police vehicles, attempt to rip one of the tires off the lead vehicle, and steer it into a collision with the other cars.
Ok. I want you to go on google earth right now. Seriously, go. I want you to zoom out to low orbit and then spin the globe around to be on the opposite side of the world as where you live. Now try to imagine the exact location of your house on that globe. Exactly. Now spin the globe around, find the place you imagined and zoom in on it directly.

Did you get exactly your house? No?

Well then perhaps you should reconsider attempting to hit a moving fucking target from the other side of the fucking planet when you have no fucking idea where that target is in relation to your fucking zero-g freewheeling self.

For your Fucking Health.

Right, [Unholy_Pariah's character {Sorry x_x}], I'll take point from here on out.

Take point; move along with the rest. Keep aware of surroundings.
Continue awaiting pickup. Lead basement team even further from the city if necessary.

If no pickup arrives, go watch the news in curtains house.

Okay.

"Yaaay~ time to get out of this place."

Get dragged along by Renen. Await sweet extraction
Follow team to pickup point.
Okay.

The Basement crew immediately turns and makes a break for it, running, benny hill style, straight into the wilderness.

At this point you're basically far enough away that all you have to do is wait for pickup. So you can decide if you want to keep posting or just wait for everyone else to catch up.

"I'll see if I can do something."
use the goop thrower to leave a sticky trail behind, if that's not how the thrower works just stay out of the way.
You could try that, but it would require opening the back hatch of the APC. You wanna do that?

Tape a smoke grenade to the roof and activate it, then toss a goop grenade behind us, as general bossyboots suggests. Make sure not to actually stick my head out there or anything. Just the grenades.

I wonder what happens if you die.

Maybe you can't. Maybe you just come back and everything happens all over again.

Yttra glances briefly at Hasala and Kyle. Kyle doesn't quite look fully dead yet, but it's probably just a matter of time.
Don't think smokes will work. Goop might, though.

Get back inside the APC. Take a flashbang, and toss it high up behind the APC out of the hatch. When I hear it go off, peek out and try to shoot out a tire of the lead car with the shotgun.
Yttra starts handing grenades up to Taddok who starts priming them and hurling them out the hatch.

"Flashbang! Frag! Flashbang! Goop! Frag! ANOTHER FUCKING FLASHBANG!" Taddock yells as he throws grenades out one after another. The last one he does is a smoke grenade which he wedges in the hatch, pulling his hand back in as the bullets start clanging off the metal near his fingers.

"MAKE A WALL!"
prepare riot shield for incoming fire if others available direct their users to do so or move them myself
You grab all the riot shields you can find and start wedging them up against the back door, yanking them out of people's hands half the time.

The sound of the grenades going off behind the APC partially muffles the gunfire, but it can't drown out the sound of the rounds impacting the armor of the vehicle. The back wall of the apc starts to distort as the larger rounds punch dents into the metal. A handful of rounds even manage to punch their way through, throwing crazy light beams into the dull red light of the APC. The Riot shields hold for the moment, gauss rounds impacting and throwing spiderweb cracks over their clear surfaces.

"If you'd like to shoot back, now would be the time." The driver calls from the front, seemingly unperturbed.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 11, 2014, 03:03:39 pm »

In that case, wait for pickup, and try and avoid hitting any satellites.

((Dang. Oh well.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 72