Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 168638 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.
« Reply #1050 on: September 18, 2014, 12:28:54 pm »

I say nominal 1 token for Miya, since he didn't make any mess with his Avatar.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: September 18, 2014, 12:45:07 pm »

1 or 2 tokens, at most.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 18, 2014, 12:46:55 pm »

Yeah, I agree with 1-2 tokens for Miyamoto, if any.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 11:09:17 pm by swordsmith04 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1053 on: September 18, 2014, 12:51:38 pm »

I agree with the above.

And I would like to request the 3 tokens I lent to Pancaek unless he has anything he wants to buy.

Hm, so I guess we didn't destroy the telescope in time. Do we have any idea what happened to the other "cultists"?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: September 18, 2014, 01:52:07 pm »

I am questioning to pay you or not. Because paying someone to sit up in their ivory tower, commanding the peons while they lounge in total safety, sipping mojitos doesn't seem terribly fair. It might set a bad precedent to pay the commanders even when they don't get out there and work themselves. Then again, controlling people from an ivory tower is kinda what commanders are supposed to do. Hm.

Heh, yeah, commanding is fun (it's even worse in real life, where the average footslogger gets hardly any credit while the brass run of with it). I'll be happy with what I can get.

Oh, and just to doublecheck, do I get any points to level up with?

((Though I could mention that I didn't physically join the rescue team in order to give other people a chance to play, and that I could easily have kicked of someone else to ensure own spot. I have no problem getting less than an actual participant, but I did put quite some work into the mission.))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:40:29 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 18, 2014, 02:01:41 pm »

Perhaps a future standard for "on high" commanders:  Their pay starts at standard 5 tokens, but instead of going up for success, it's docked every time someone seriously screws up under their command.  (Accidentally tasering a teammate isn't enough to be a problem.  Killing a couple civilians is a token.  Blowing up an important mission asset is two tokens.  Manip overloads or anything that is referred to as X-9 afterwards drops the pay to zero.)

To balance this out, commanders get access to the Shock Switch.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 18, 2014, 02:49:04 pm »

In my opinion, RC can get 2 tokens. He actually assembled the rescue team and looked for some vets to participate. And he made a good division of the teams. Also, I agree with Toaster's proposal.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 18, 2014, 03:00:54 pm »

Two token for Miyamoto are good with me. He provided much needed cohesion and direction to our limbless flailing about.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 18, 2014, 03:44:03 pm »

I agree with the above.

And I would like to request the 3 tokens I lent to Pancaek unless he has anything he wants to buy.

Hm, so I guess we didn't destroy the telescope in time. Do we have any idea what happened to the other "cultists"?
No plans to do anything with them, so three tokens go to Paris, leaving me with 5

AS for RC, I think 3 or 2 tokens would be all right, in my opinion.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 18, 2014, 04:31:30 pm »

I believe 2-3 tokens would be adequate pay for Miya.  He did his best to keep everyone organized.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 18, 2014, 04:58:32 pm »

Id also say that miya should get 2-3 although what miya could possibly need to buy is beyond me
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 18, 2014, 05:05:21 pm »

Wait so as a total newbie what do I get on level-up?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 18, 2014, 05:06:57 pm »

5 stat points, 3 skill points.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 18, 2014, 09:11:50 pm »

Late but here's my list of things I did.

- Went into the restaurant.
- Got shot by a teammate and was rendered unconscious for the rest of the mission.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1064 on: September 19, 2014, 10:19:24 am »

I agree with the above.

You'd have to ask morul. He was the one that got closest.

I am questioning to pay you or not. Because paying someone to sit up in their ivory tower, commanding the peons while they lounge in total safety, sipping mojitos doesn't seem terribly fair. It might set a bad precedent to pay the commanders even when they don't get out there and work themselves. Then again, controlling people from an ivory tower is kinda what commanders are supposed to do. Hm.

Heh, yeah, commanding is fun (it's even worse in real life, where the average footslogger gets hardly any credit while the brass run of with it). I'll be happy with what I can get.

Oh, and just to doublecheck, do I get any points to level up with?

((Though I could mention that I didn't physically join the rescue team in order to give other people a chance to play, and that I could easily have kicked of someone else to ensure own spot. I have no problem getting less than an actual participant, but I did put quite some work into the mission.))

Two tokens then.

Perhaps a future standard for "on high" commanders:  Their pay starts at standard 5 tokens, but instead of going up for success, it's docked every time someone seriously screws up under their command.  (Accidentally tasering a teammate isn't enough to be a problem.  Killing a couple civilians is a token.  Blowing up an important mission asset is two tokens.  Manip overloads or anything that is referred to as X-9 afterwards drops the pay to zero.)

To balance this out, commanders get access to the Shock Switch.
I like this. We can do this if the people under him are willing.

Late but here's my list of things I did.

- Went into the restaurant.
- Got shot by a teammate and was rendered unconscious for the rest of the mission.
We'll give you 5 tokens, +1 extra token as apology for putting you in lerman's line of fire.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72