Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 62725 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: Stacy is fired.
« Reply #165 on: June 03, 2014, 02:27:49 am »

"Careful with those!" Denzel shouts at the man trying to open the crate.

Turn Edited
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 03, 2014, 03:06:01 am »

"I really hope I don't end up dying in some frozen wasteland because I decided to open the wrong box." Jason mutter to himself.

Carefully and slowly open an ST box a little bit away from the others opening boxes. Don't open it if it happens to move by itself or any other spooky stuff. Make sure to open it in a way that the lid shields me from whatever is in the box.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 03, 2014, 03:50:26 am »

Jobasio cranks up the volume, the sound of ancient, archaic 'metal' music filling the cabin of the APC.
He then hears an actual instruction over the comms, grumbles, and opens the door to climb out, intent on getting his actual 'job' over and done with as quickly as possible. "Wait here a moment, Whig," he tells his gauss rifle.

>With Iron Maiden playing in the background, get out of the APC and attempt to attach a rappelling cable to this 'front winch' thing. Lower if down the hole and get back in the APC if successful.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2014, 05:01:35 am »

Fighting the intense pain of sudden broken legs, Michael remarks "Well, that could have gone better. Ow."
Carefully maneuver myself into a better position, both so mesk can look at my legs and to get a shot at anything nasty that might pop out of one of the crates
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #169 on: June 04, 2014, 10:32:48 am »

Try to intuit what the boxes hold. Then try to logically deduce what the boxes hold. Then open a box.
You attempt to intuit whats in the box.

With a -1 to intuition.

And you got a 1. I...I just...I can't. I can't.

"BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! THEY'RE FILLED WITH GIANT HYPER AGGRESSIVE MUTANT SEXUAL ASSAULT FASCIST BEES!"

You run screaming from the boxes, punching people in the head and kicking them in the groin for no apparent reason, before huddling in a corner and sobbing quietly to yourself.

"Not the bees. Oh god they're in my eyes. Despite all my rage I'm still just Nicholas Cage."

I can do something like that, though it'll be the size of a [basketball] at best. Open your brain case.

Stacy keeps humming as he considers the thought.

"Oh, the va-ga-ries that I must face,
As a quadruplegic man~!
Not sure I can do that,
Physically, though I really, really, really, really would~!
Peel away the robot and then crack the rest,
Could you maybe do that, Bud~?"

See if I can open my braincase of my own volition. Can't see how that would be sound design, but you never know. Permit and aid Xan's manipulations to the best of my ability. Think back to prom night, if I can remember it, and try a similar level of limp submission.
Unfortunately there's no eject button you can press with your brain stem. Passive submission, that we can do.

This'll be interesting.

If Stacy can't open his brain case, try to open it via some means. Then envelop Stacy's brain in myself, using a moderate amount of biomass to give him a body like this the size of a basketball, with two moderately sized arms as well. Eject his new body once I'm done and reform into what I was.

Use dynamic Will bonus for this; I'm going to need it.

You realize it's gonna be an aux roll to get him out without smashing his brain like you were opening an egg with a impact hammer.

"Hmm.  Looks like we'll have to open the boxes manually.  FD... food?  MC, medicine, maybe?  The others... no idea.  Everyone who's not maimed or growing a body, get to work opening at least one of each of the crates and see what's inside."
Have a look at Michael's legs and see what the damage is for a dynamic bonus.
You walk over to michael, who is really trying his best not to go into shock, and start jabbing at his legs.

"Yup, there's you're problem."

You pick the leg up and wiggle the floppy limb back and forth.

"See? Not supposed to do that. Defini-Defin-Would you please stop screaming? I'm trying to be insightful here."

Dynamic bonus gained.

Michael's hatred Gained.

Climb down the hole.
You make it down with minimal problems. You almost slip once and make an embarrassing girly scream, but beyond the destruction of your pride, no difficulties.

"Hey, APC guys, would you mind hooking up one of the rappeling cables to the front winch?"

Inspect boxes with cameyes, tap one if it seems safe. If it seems perfectly safe, inspect it for a way to open it. (Dynamic Bonus for crate-opening.) Also, make sure to have at least some distance/one crate between me and the guy trying to open the MD crate.
Cam eyes see no internal heat, no movement, can't penetrate the thick metal with x-ray...in general you don't see anything much more then staring at it normally. You suppose you could probably open the crate by lifting that metal locking bolt and then opening the crate. It's not the arc of the covenant, it's a shipping container. At worst it contains...well there are lots of bad things it could contain, but it's not gonna be hard to open.

"Eh, fuck it! I need to stockpile meds anyways" Open up a crate with MC on it in such a way that I have the door between myself and whatever is inside the crate once it is fully open
You open the crate.

This is when I'd give you a description of the contents of the crate except you kept the door between yourself and whats inside the crate meaning you can't see the contents.

"I really hope I don't end up dying in some frozen wasteland because I decided to open the wrong box." Jason mutter to himself.

Carefully and slowly open an ST box a little bit away from the others opening boxes. Don't open it if it happens to move by itself or any other spooky stuff. Make sure to open it in a way that the lid shields me from whatever is in the box.
Inside the storage container is...a bunch of smaller metal boxes.

Alright, this is bullshit. You're calling bullshit on this right now.

Jobasio cranks up the volume, the sound of ancient, archaic 'metal' music filling the cabin of the APC.
He then hears an actual instruction over the comms, grumbles, and opens the door to climb out, intent on getting his actual 'job' over and done with as quickly as possible. "Wait here a moment, Whig," he tells his gauss rifle.

>With Iron Maiden playing in the background, get out of the APC and attempt to attach a rappelling cable to this 'front winch' thing. Lower if down the hole and get back in the APC if successful.
By the power of Iron maiden, I grant you the ability to do menial tasks without forcing you to roll. For this turn, at least.

You attach a cable to the winch on the front of the APC and lower the cable down into the hole.

Fighting the intense pain of sudden broken legs, Michael remarks "Well, that could have gone better. Ow."
Carefully maneuver myself into a better position, both so mesk can look at my legs and to get a shot at anything nasty that might pop out of one of the crates
You aim your rifle but the only thing coming out of the Crates is disappointment and that proves remarkably difficult to shoot.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 04, 2014, 10:37:12 am »

Xan sighs.
Someone who is skilled with mechanics please help eject his brain.

Wait for someone to open his brainpan, then
envelop Stacy's brain in myself, using a moderate amount of biomass to give him a body like this the size of a basketball, with two moderately sized arms as well. Eject his new body once I'm done and reform into what I was.

Use dynamic Will bonus for this; I'm going to need it.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 11:27:36 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 04, 2014, 10:40:28 am »

DON'T OPEN THE BOXES!!!
If anyone tries to open a box, punch them in the face and slam it shut. Also close any boxes that were already opened.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 12:48:29 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 04, 2014, 10:48:38 am »

Sing to myself while hoping somebody feels brave enough to crack open this braincase of mine. Maintain limpness steadfastly.

If nobody steps up, start exploring the auxiliary programming of the robot body. I know I can send messages to places at the speed of thought, but what else can I do? Intellectually explore my capabilities.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:42:47 am by Harry Baldman »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 04, 2014, 11:11:02 am »

DON'T OPEN THE BOXES!!!
If anyone tries to open a box, punch them in the face and slam it shut.
((Someone already has.
P.S. You guys suck in a good way. Well, good for people who aren't you.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 04, 2014, 11:23:25 am »

"Nope. This is bullshit. I'm not playing with damn Matryoshka boxes. That is not a thing that is happening."

Try to intuit what could be in an SC box.

((C'mon +1 bonus from Mercenary profession.))
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 11:24:36 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 04, 2014, 11:52:43 am »

Look into the crate I just opened
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 04, 2014, 02:44:49 pm »

Mesk glances over at where his team is opening the crates and nods in approval once it's clear nobody is dying a horrible death.  Looking back at Michael, he tssks.
"You know, if I wasn't fixing your legs I could be removing Stacy's brain right now.  Do you have any idea what I'm missing out on for your sake?"
Apply advanced kit and medical skill to broken legs.
"I mean, it would've been the greatest challenge of my medical career.  I'd go down in history as 'the man who found Stacy's brain'."

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 04, 2014, 02:47:56 pm »

Open up a crate. If I find anything that could be used to play music of make pizzas inside, take it out and bring it back to Jobasio.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2014, 03:09:17 pm »

"....you do realize I'll be forced now to murderize you for that horrid joke alone, much lest for the leg bit? Right?"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 04, 2014, 03:18:50 pm »

"Joke?"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33