Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 62657 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: Stacy is fired.
« Reply #210 on: June 09, 2014, 04:44:56 pm »

"With all due respect, Mesk, would you mind if I stand down after Dubley stops pointing a cutting laser uneasily close to my head?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 09, 2014, 05:02:37 pm »

"Right then. I'm gonna open this SC box here if that's alright."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 09, 2014, 07:25:36 pm »

"Oh for fucks sake Dubley, are you forgetting we are a part of one of the most hardcore organizations this side of the galaxy?! Anything that pops out of those boxes is likely to be pretty small, and between us we have enough firepower to take over a small nation. We'll be fine. Could you please not fire that thing?"

Incapacitate Dubley with my gauss rifle if he doesn't stand down, prioritizing hitting the arm holding the laser, though going for more general incapacitation by any means if he doesn't drop the laser(damn my current inability to dodge). If he does, then cover the others while they open boxes, hobbling to a better firing position if needed.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 01:17:58 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 09, 2014, 08:56:00 pm »

((You might want to be more specific. "Incapacitate" is pretty vague, especially with the nature of death in ARM.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 09, 2014, 10:08:43 pm »

((Heck, PW could decide to interpret "Incapacitate with a Gauss Rifle" as "Shoot him anywhere that his brain won't be completely destroyed by the round."))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 10, 2014, 01:21:36 am »

Action edited.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 10, 2014, 01:23:33 am »

Noticing all the fighting, Vincent backs away (dodges if need be) to a corner of the room, keeping his head low, away from all the people trying to incapacitate each other "Well fuck this, I'm going to go stand over here so I don't get caught in the cross fire" After thinking for a few moments, Vincent radio's up "Jobasio, you want someone to build a shelter over the hole to keep the weather out? You able to give me a lift up?"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 05:31:05 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 10, 2014, 01:31:24 am »

Edited action to include precautions.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 10, 2014, 04:12:54 am »

Jobasio didn't seem obviously interested in the arguments coming his way through the comms, simply making his way back to the driver's-side door of the APC with an unconcerned expression. He paused with his gloved hand on the door as he heard his name, however.
"Well, there is a cable hanging from the front of the APC that you could climb. That's why it's there, after all."
He opens the door and climbs in before continuing, "As for building a shelter, well, it seems to me that certain... members of the team have devices that would be quite adequate for creating, say, a tunnel; sadly whether they can be trusted to use said devices is entirely another matter."

>Get back in the driver's compartment of the APC, close doors securely.
Watch the oncoming clouds, try and gauge the speed of their approach and guess how long until the storm hits.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 10, 2014, 05:04:30 am »

"I'm not certain I'm comfortable climbing anything with the current events, I think I'll just stay in my corner" Continue trying to avoid being laser'd/maimed/shot by friendly fire

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 01:43:17 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 10, 2014, 12:52:41 pm »

Action edited to clarify targeting.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 10, 2014, 01:18:46 pm »

Same here. Action edited to clarify targeting(though if I need to, I will put one center of mass due to inability to really hit the deck quickly)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 10, 2014, 01:31:37 pm »

Crossed out old action and replaced it with a new one. Hopefully a actually better one.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 11, 2014, 11:13:22 am »

Don't forget about Dubley's civic defenders longcoat.  :)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #224 on: June 11, 2014, 11:40:48 am »

Ooh. Ooh! That's definitely interesting!

Can I manipulate my neurostransmitters? To what degree? If a reasonable one, try lowering my serotonin levels a tad. Gods know that I could use a bit of depression right about now.

At any rate, check if I can do anything else. Can I program things from here? Say, messing around with certain subsystems?

What subsystems do I even have? There's the motor subsystem, which got smashed to pieces, and evidently a chemical subsystem for my brain, but what else?

By the way, is the chemical subsystem rigged to respond in certain ways to certain thought patterns to simulate emotion?

You get the bones in his legs stabilized and splinted up, give him pain killers and make a pair of crutches for him out of some scrap metal.

"Thats about all we can do right now. You can walk, somewhat, with those, but you're probably better off either staying behind the rest of us and not moving more then you have to."

"I just had an idea! What if you were to, say, chop off his current legs, give him mine, as they might fit, and give the legs to Bud so that he can make a better body for me at less expense to himself?"
Before I let you keep going, just realize that these are gonna be combined aux and med rolls to manipulate your brain chemistry. And fuck ups may have unforeseen, possibly dangerous effects.

Xan sighs.
Someone who is skilled with mechanics please help eject his brain.

Wait for someone to open his brainpan, then
envelop Stacy's brain in myself, using a moderate amount of biomass to give him a body like this the size of a basketball, with two moderately sized arms as well. Eject his new body once I'm done and reform into what I was.

Use dynamic Will bonus for this; I'm going to need it.

Keep waiting.
Preemptively duck to ward off lasering of my head.

Anyone?
I just imagine you physically pulling your head into your torso as the way you "Duck".

"I'm done over here, be right there."
Head over to Stacy and pop his brain out.
"Jobasio, keep keeping an eye on the weather.  And ask Temmit how the Habs are doing, I haven't heard any sports news for millennia."
Mesk Pops Stacy's brain out of his braincase like most people would pop candy out of a pez dispenser. He caries it over to Xan and places it in his...claws?

"Try not to fuck it up. Try not to fuck it a lot."

Magilla attempts to wrestle Dubley away, and if necesarry, use his kinetic amplifier on him, trying to only incapacitate him rather than outright killing Dubley. Then once that's done, he opens one of the boxes.
Attempt to disarm Dubley should he do anything to endanger the rest of the team.
Open the SC Box. If Dubley tries to stop me, I'm gonna test out this Shackle. And maybe duck, to avoid losing my head..
"You suicidal homicidal idiots wanna open the boxes? FINE THEN! Lets open the fuckin death boxes. Don't blame me when you're all raped to death by alien death penises cause it was your fuckin idea. Fuck it if I'm gonna die again it had better be aliens and not another fuckin teamkill."

Take out one of my cutting lasers and sweep it across the top of all the boxes.
If Dubley doesn't stand down/isn't stood down, raise my rifle and shoot to incapacitate Dubley/disable the laser, trying to target the laser before Dubley. Use gauss rounds. Should I miss or if the laser is coming my way, dive for cover. If Dubley does stand down, just open the MC crate I was going to before, so long as there are no active explosions.

"Stop, you idiot!"

((+1 Con and Dex bonuses, for the record, from level-up, should you not have the info yet.))
"Oh for fucks sake Dubley, are you forgetting we are a part of one of the most hardcore organizations this side of the galaxy?! Anything that pops out of those boxes is likely to be pretty small, and between us we have enough firepower to take over a small nation. We'll be fine. Could you please not fire that thing?"

Incapacitate Dubley with my gauss rifle if he doesn't stand down, prioritizing hitting the arm holding the laser, though going for more general incapacitation by any means if he doesn't drop the laser(damn my current inability to dodge). If he does, then cover the others while they open boxes, hobbling to a better firing position if needed.

Dubley rakes his cutting laser across several of the cargo containers, screaming like a maniac about how he wants to die via aliens rather then his own teammates.  He is promptly shot several times by Michael and Denzel, gauss rounds and laser beams lancing through his metallic flesh, shattering his arms and punching randomly through the rest of his body. When the buzz of magnetic coils and the hum of the laser finally stop, Dubley is just standing there, one arm shot off, the other hanging lose by a few synthetic muscles. His chest leaks  blackish artificial blood, and sparks randomly as current from broken internal machinery crackles out through the holes and along the streams of fluid. He takes a step forward, unsteady on his legs and looks down at the ruined stumps of his arms. He looks at Michael and Denzel.

"Wh-"

Magilla punches him square in the back of the head and sends him sprawling, face first and unconscious, to the ground.

"I'm not certain I'm comfortable climbing anything with the current events, I think I'll just stay in my corner" Continue trying to avoid being laser'd/maimed/shot by friendly fire

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You stay FAAAAR away from all that.

Jobasio didn't seem obviously interested in the arguments coming his way through the comms, simply making his way back to the driver's-side door of the APC with an unconcerned expression. He paused with his gloved hand on the door as he heard his name, however.
"Well, there is a cable hanging from the front of the APC that you could climb. That's why it's there, after all."
He opens the door and climbs in before continuing, "As for building a shelter, well, it seems to me that certain... members of the team have devices that would be quite adequate for creating, say, a tunnel; sadly whether they can be trusted to use said devices is entirely another matter."

>Get back in the driver's compartment of the APC, close doors securely.
Watch the oncoming clouds, try and gauge the speed of their approach and guess how long until the storm hits.
You'd say there's 45 minutes left now.

Don't forget about Dubley's civic defenders longcoat.  :)
I didn't. The passive end bonus it gives you is part of the reason none of their wild shooting caught you in the head.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33