Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: MultiScroll - dfhack plugin [OS X]  (Read 31487 times)

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MultiScroll - dfhack plugin [OS X]
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 09:36:06 am »

Package updated to include a binary for dfhack r5.

Anybody using this?
Just in case somebody missed it. I find it a completely new experience being able to smoothly and quickly scroll the map in any direction. Sad Windows users can't try it.
I've become addicted, absolutely unable to play without it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 09:55:28 am »

Windows users use the mouse wheel. At least thats my mod setting... I know other use it to go up/down z levels as well.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 02:20:35 pm »

TV4Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 02:27:37 am »

Any hope of a new build of this for the latest release of DFHack?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 10:05:35 pm »

The version at http://do1.mifki.com:8810/dashboard;jsessionid=1ma5xzqibejw11rkajccggkcgh claims to be v2.32, which is newer than the v2.29 on GitHub (although I'm not sure if it's built for 0.40.24-r3 or an earlier version).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 09:34:53 am »

Sometimes multiscroll (latest) stops working (trackpad movements become zoom instead of scroll)
It used to happen every hour or so, but now it happens more often.
There are no messages in the dfhack console.

Is there any way to restart it without quitting DF?
Is there any way I can help with debugging the issue?

I'm not sure, but it seems like lags are causing multiscroll to quit (season change, or just occasional stutter while scrolling)
I have rMBP with OS X 10.10 and dfhack r3

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 02:47:27 pm »

Does "reload multiscroll" help?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 03:07:27 pm »

Yes, thank you!

TheBloke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2015, 03:30:04 pm »

I just switched from Windows to OSX as my main platform.  I have a Magic Mouse, and I have been very tempted to buy the new Apple Magic Trackpad 2 (shame it costs so much money :( )

mifki this plugin is excellent!  I am sad it has only two pages of posts, and I am the first in six months!

I have the same issue someone mentioned above - sometimes it swaps between moving the map and normal zoom.   

mifki, are you still interested in developing this plugin?  You are exactly right, it makes a HUGE difference to playing the game, being able to smoothly scroll about while still being able to have a separate mouse cursor.  Before multiscroll, I used mousequery with your drag extension, and used right-click drag to move the map.   Multiscroll is much nicer.

The only issue is that I am very used to having scroll wheel = move up/down Z levels (not the default of zoom in/out.)   I want to switch Z levels nearly as often as moving about on one Z level.

Do you think any more gestures could be added to allow the mouse to also be used for Z levels/zoom (depending on hotkey config)?

For example:  one finger up/down scroll = move map;  two finger up/down scroll = change Z level.  What do you think?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 03:32:29 pm by TheBloke »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2015, 04:01:42 pm »

I don't think it's possible to recognise more gestures on the Magic Mouse. But I can add more modifier keys (currently it scrolls without modifier keys and zooms with the Command key). I haven't played with Magic Mouse for a long time, I'll see what can be done to improve usability.

TheBloke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2015, 04:26:54 pm »

I don't think it's possible to recognise more gestures on the Magic Mouse. But I can add more modifier keys (currently it scrolls without modifier keys and zooms with the Command key). I haven't played with Magic Mouse for a long time, I'll see what can be done to improve usability.

Do you mean it's not possible for your plugin, or just in general?

Because it's definitely possible in general - check out the tool BetterTouchTool, it does amazing things with the Magic Mouse.  One, two, three, four finger taps, swipes, pinch in/out, multi-taps (press two fingers then release one and re-tap it) etc etc. It's awesome :)  It's not open source but it does show it's possible - and I think possibly he uses some OS code, for example I think his Live View mode (shows exactly what fingers are pressed/where on the magic mouse and trackpad) is based on open source code:

But yeah if it's not possible from the plugin, modifier keys are good too.  And thanks for the details on Command. 

One thing I would definitely like to see changed:  I think right now you have hardcoded Cmd+Up/Down = Zoom?   I ask because I have re-bound Up/Down Z to the mouse wheel (Mouse button 4/5), and unbound those buttons from Zoom, but Cmd+up/down still zooms.  I was hoping that it sent the key command, but I guess it doesn't?

If you could change that, that would be excellent, as for me I don't care about zooming with the mouse (I do it rarely, so it's fine to use keyboard) but I would love to go up/down Z with magic mouse.  And maybe other people will want to do other things.  So if Multiscroll can send the appropriate keyboard command, which can then be rebound - or at least, have some kind of plugin config - then it can work best for everyone.

What would be perfect would be some kind of config (with DFHack plugin commands), where we can define Actions:

multiscroll <add|remove> <mouse action> <num fingers> <DF key> [modifier key(s)]
eg:
Code: [Select]
multiscroll add|remove up|down|left|right 1|2|3 <DF key> [Cmd|Control|Shift|Option  (or Cmd+Control,  Shift+Option,  Cmd+Control+Option, etc)]
multiscroll add up 1 SCROLL_UP
multiscroll add down 1 SCROLL_DOWN
multiscroll add left 1 SCROLL_LEFT
multiscroll add right 1 SCROLL_RIGHT
multiscroll add up 2 CURSOR_UP_Z
multiscroll add down 2 CURSOR_DOWN_Z
multiscroll add up 1 ZOOM_IN Command
multiscroll add down 1 ZOOM_OUT Command

Which would configure:
1. One finger Up/down/left/right = move around map
2. Two finger up/down = Z level
3. One finger up/down + Command = zoom

I realise that is the most advanced way, and maybe a lot more than you are interested to do.  But that would be the perfect design in my view, if it is possible :)  And maybe I can help with some of the basic stuff and testing, if you are interested to do any of it.

Thanks again!  Really love it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 04:35:46 pm by TheBloke »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2015, 11:51:08 pm »

I actually didn't find it comfortable to switch z-levels with Magic Mouse or trackpad because without clicks (which usual mouse wheels have) it's hard to switch z-levels precisely.
Anyway, I'll see what can be done.

TheBloke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2015, 11:11:41 pm »

I actually didn't find it comfortable to switch z-levels with Magic Mouse or trackpad because without clicks (which usual mouse wheels have) it's hard to switch z-levels precisely.
Anyway, I'll see what can be done.

Just to let you know I've been playing about a bit on OSX with multiscroll disabled, and up/down scroll on MM is working OK for Z levels

You do have to be careful to only move your finger a little way, but it's quite easy to get the hang of it and I'm successfully using it to go up/down Zs.  It's definitely my preferred way of doing that.  it also has the advantage that if you want to go a lot of Zs, you can do a bigger finger movement and move ~25 in one go :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4