Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: MultiScroll - dfhack plugin [OS X]  (Read 31479 times)

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MultiScroll - dfhack plugin [OS X]
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2018, 11:14:16 pm »

Any chance for update to latest dfhack?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2018, 07:59:10 pm »

Does this have any other multi-touch features besides scrolling around the map with 2 fingers? Using the trackpad to scroll sounds a lot better than using it to zoom.

Does it really require multi-touch? I can scroll both horizontally and vertically by using two fingers in web browsers and text editors on my pre-multitouch MacBook.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:01:02 pm by jecowa »

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2018, 03:11:04 am »

Does this have any other multi-touch features besides scrolling around the map with 2 fingers? Using the trackpad to scroll sounds a lot better than using it to zoom.

Does it really require multi-touch? I can scroll both horizontally and vertically by using two fingers in web browsers and text editors on my pre-multitouch MacBook.

Yes, it allows to use touchpad (two fingers) for two-directional scroll just like you do in Preview.app. It's really convenient and intuitive, it gives you ability to scroll fast while having pinpoint accuracy.

And, if I remember it correctly, you still have the option to zoom tileset and text font independently of each other by pressing alt while scrolling.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 03:14:09 am by falcn »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2018, 03:18:47 am »

That didn't answer the question:
Does this have any other multi-touch features besides scrolling around the map with 2 fingers?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2018, 04:59:03 pm »

No it doesn't have any other features.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2018, 07:00:37 am »

Since multiscroll seems to not depend on DF version, maybe it's best to include it in dfhack, so it will be silently re-built for every new release?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2018, 09:02:08 am »

Last time I tried that, the compilation process was different enough from the rest of DFHack that it wasn't possible.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2018, 09:42:21 pm »

Yeah, I'll do it soon.
I'm not a developer, but maybe there is something I can do to help?

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2018, 08:18:14 am »

Is there any way I can help?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2018, 10:56:12 am »

It's outdated enough that it no longer compiles with DFHack for 0.44.05. I'll work on fixing it.

Edit: https://github.com/mifki/df-multiscroll/pull/1
And https://github.com/lethosor/df-multiscroll/releases/tag/0.44.05-r1-unofficial
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 11:11:45 am by lethosor »

Holloweye

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2018, 03:06:21 pm »

Amazing plugin love it!

Would be amazing if it had Pinch In / Out:
Pinch in = Down 1-Z level
Pinch out = Up 1-Z level

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2018, 05:51:47 pm »

It's outdated enough that it no longer compiles with DFHack for 0.44.05. I'll work on fixing it.

And https://github.com/lethosor/df-multiscroll/releases/tag/0.44.05-r1-unofficial
Holy shit it's working, thank you!!

The only thing that's missing is "hold Cmd to zoom". Plugin reacts to a keypress like it should, it stops scrolling, but zoom not happening for some reason.

Possible workaround is to assign keyboard shortcuts to "load multiscroll / unload multiscroll".

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2018, 06:06:21 pm »

Amazing plugin love it!

Would be amazing if it had Pinch In / Out:
Pinch in = Down 1-Z level
Pinch out = Up 1-Z level

Not sure how much of a trackpad input can be read, but 3 finger swipes up/down make more sense for z-level navigation.
Second (failsafe) option is to add another modifier key - Cmd to zoom tileset, Alt to navigate through z-levels, although the non-discrete input like scroll (or pinching) is shit for something like switching z-levels.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2018, 11:25:05 pm »

Holy shit it's working, thank you!!

The only thing that's missing is "hold Cmd to zoom". Plugin reacts to a keypress like it should, it stops scrolling, but zoom not happening for some reason.

Possible workaround is to assign keyboard shortcuts to "load multiscroll / unload multiscroll".
Did you unbind DF's scroll to zoom bindings? I don't remember multiscroll dealing with zooming itself, so maybe it just allows those bindings to take effect.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4