Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 195726 times)

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #1020 on: November 06, 2014, 06:36:57 pm »

Alright, got now a water altair and got lucky and received a sorcerer dwarf in a migration weave. Bought tears with gold and trained my sorcerer dwarf in water magic... He is now a water(s)kin... so what are his special abilities? Can he cast icebolts yet to kill enemies? Or is he just immune to water?
Signature coming *soon* TM

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: November 06, 2014, 06:40:37 pm »

Toss him in a lake and find out. Applying Science to Magic produces the best results.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: November 06, 2014, 06:43:09 pm »

Toss him in a lake and find out. Applying Science to Magic produces the best results.

On that, might throw him down my well and see if he can survive there, after all I setup that nasty thing earlier for a reason.
Could send him down with his squad and let him fight some giant cave spiders and see if he uses any spells

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: November 06, 2014, 11:58:23 pm »

hey everyone, i am having a problem with research, i have had several research projects complete, but for some reason all the new ones are failing, it goes through the process of gathering resources then does the levels of research, but fails, i have researched alchemy lab 15 times already with no results, herbalist 10 times no results, rune armory and others a few times each with no results, i have had some results complete, toxicologist, chemist, coin mint, greatforge, but no new research will complete

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: November 07, 2014, 04:23:47 am »

There is a random chance at each of the steps that it fails, my guess is that you were just unlucky.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: November 07, 2014, 09:06:02 am »

Alright my freshly gained waterkin got now following tags: "Sakzul Ronzas, Adept of the magesguild metalcrafter dwarf."

Nothing bad till there... now "This animal is waiting for training"...

Animal? I thought its a dwarf. I am rather confused on that. He is not exactly in the water altair and stands like 2 tiles outside of it... is he now being trained and return to normal state after some time or will he stay in that state forever and I gotta kill him at some point?

Edit 1: Nvm I found his description saying that he is trying really hard to learn and forgets to eat and drink. Guess the animal part is just a way to remove the need to eat and drink in the time of transformation and he just turned into a wavekin now able to resist cold and breath in water which is kinda nice. Continuing so he gets hailstorm.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 10:18:47 am by ___MeRliN___ »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 07, 2014, 03:19:16 pm »

There is a random chance at each of the steps that it fails, my guess is that you were just unlucky.

The other possibility is that interim steps are being stored in a stockpile, which is preventing the auto-run reactions from finding them to queue the continuing research.

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 09, 2014, 09:07:32 am »

So got now a watermage (soon be turned to an icemage) who is using a legendary sleep and paralysis poison coted adamantine longsword, 2 adamantine golem 1 with sword 1 with hammer, 2 adamantine auto crossbow dwarfs with Steel Broahead Bolts (Steeloaks are fun) and soon an Air Mage for enemies down there together with a legion of animated swords (and more useless imigrants will get turned to golems)

Pretty much preparing to breach to the clown tent down there... but one thing I would like to have: Some kind of tameable spider which can be utilised as war animal, kinda like the drow have, or the kobolds with their trap spiders. So is there a way for dwarfs to get giant maneating spiders as pets or war animals? Or do I have to use that one shop and buy an ultra expensive red dragon as a coolfactor?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1028 on: November 09, 2014, 09:25:19 am »

hfs is trapimmune ;)

but please share how the combat turns out after you visited the circus. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 09, 2014, 10:21:43 am »

Trap immune, but not immune to hell fire turrets and landmines (because they melt everything, without exception).
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: November 09, 2014, 11:28:06 am »

So hey. Haven't played Dwarf Fortress in a while. Awesome amazing ridiculous updates and what not. Meaning I have to relearn how to play again.

Quick question though. The journals, I can see the straight up journals from rock reaction, but I can't find the other materials. I searched this topic and am I suppose to just pump out random crafts using wood/bone in hopes of accidentally getting some? Also, I remember that you made library supply easier to stockpile, where it is stockpile now? Thanks.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: November 10, 2014, 03:34:09 am »

I think you pretty much have to make them from rock... I personally think it would make more sense for them to use paper, but hey =D
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

TheStratovarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: November 11, 2014, 08:08:08 am »

With the crate supplies at start, is it just the amount in () of the desc ? or is it more?

I didnt see anything in the search amount of this forum, so I figured to ask.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: November 11, 2014, 10:21:57 am »

if you mean "Crate of Steel Bars (10)", then yes, the number is (should?) be the amount of items in it.

TheStratovarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 11, 2014, 12:07:52 pm »

Thanks, i was trying to figure why that was more costly than buying the 10 individually if that was the case. Is there a good spot to show what each has for the unlisted items like the wool/silk, and other clothing or engineering or library?
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 92