Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 195537 times)

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #1065 on: November 18, 2014, 07:29:58 pm »

I don't need many.  I just need a few for the magic industry.  However I don't think I can import raw ore: only bars or blocks are available from the traders.

Ores are on the list of "stones" in the trade agreement menu. Traders don't typically arrive with raw stone unless requested because it's heavy and heavy stuff limits how much goods they can bring, but it's still an option. Make sure you have wagon access, the pack animals can't carry stone.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: November 21, 2014, 10:47:15 am »

You're right, I see it now.  I don't know how I missed it. 

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: November 23, 2014, 10:03:39 am »

Tiny bug: The magma metallurgist can use non-magma safe anvils.  The armory and weaponry have the same issue.  Is this intentional?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 10:08:13 am by qorthos »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 24, 2014, 11:19:23 am »

Yes, because magma and fire safe modifier are not working for furnitures.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: November 24, 2014, 03:09:55 pm »

Kind of makes sense anyway since you're not dunking the anvil into the magma, even if you're using magma to heat the metal you're working with.

On a similar note, given that you can smelt any metal with magma, ostensibly that means no metal is magma-safe.

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 24, 2014, 03:57:06 pm »

Alright getting ready for the clown circus... Preparing my troops in my main fortress to extinct them.

Heres a small cost of my military, or well one of the military guys I use. And my new last ditch defense in case anything else shows up.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Since he is one of my icemages/Will be soon an icemage he got the name Mr.Freeze. Bad puns inbound. The sword is coated in different poisons (Paralysis, Sleeping Poison, Slowness) and multiple runes (Double Damage and Instant Kill most noteable.). He is armored in full Adamantine platemail and gets soon an Adamantine Towershield or maybe an Ice Aura... though I got someone doing support with that already, will see about that. And I loooove the special move of the legendary longswords... Sounds like he is draining the dragon and absorbs it. Do also note he soloed that dragon... though with that equipment even someone being none professional would be able to do that...
Still impressive though if you think about it, he sliced a giant waterdragon in half by using a "simple" sword with who knows what nasty kind of stuff on it engraved in runes which are for some reason increasing its damage... that and some ice magic tricks... which is as efficient as trying to raze a wall with a butter knife if you compare that to that sword...

His squadmates are all but one ranged with Auto-Crossbows currently using steelbolts my dwarfs pray for... Also... Just checked his sword... apparently he was soooo brainy to freeze the poison on it... Does that actually mean that the poison coating wont do anything now and will it eventually unfreeze? Looks pretty interesting RP wise though... since he is well.. a icemage he freezes his stuff... After that he went to a cool party and asked everyone to chill.

Also my last defense infront of my burrow:

Pretty interesting beast... name is apparently based on a giant tree in nordic mythology. Though I hoped for a giant spider like abomination with a mist/cloud/string attack which is corrosive and colored white instead of webs (The Mist anyone?)

Edit 1: Might have gone a little bit overboard with covering my other tasks...

Edit 2: Apparently it says wavekin... should say Watermancer instead, he is Level 2 and got the Icestream/Icefoam spell... and yes he is, just went ingame and checked again with Dwarf Therapist
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 04:10:25 pm by ___MeRliN___ »
Signature coming *soon* TM

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: December 01, 2014, 01:56:34 pm »

So the Stonecutter's workshop takes stone blocks and converts it into various things like tables, doors, floodgates, etc.  It uses the Stonecrafter's labor.  The furniture workshop can also take stone blocks and convert them into furniture objects in groups.  However it uses the Masonry labor.  Is this intentional?

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: December 10, 2014, 03:31:21 pm »

Ok im sure this has been asked before, but is there any way too war train a Guardian of Armok? Or at least make it follow my commander?

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: December 10, 2014, 03:35:29 pm »

Is there any way to war_train anything in MW? 

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: December 10, 2014, 03:36:30 pm »

Im simply asking if i can put him on a moving train for war purposes!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: December 10, 2014, 03:47:19 pm »

Sure why not?  Are you having trouble?

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: December 10, 2014, 05:10:48 pm »

I've yet to find a way to do it.  Maybe I'm just not familiar with how it's done in DF2012 D:

Thebluemage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: December 13, 2014, 04:03:32 pm »

Hey, first time posting. I've recently come into possession of a large amount of devil thorn logs, and they apparently make really good weapons. My question is in which workshop I should go to/build to make these logs into weapons. The blacksmithy doesn't seem to be able to do this, do I go to the carpenter

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: December 13, 2014, 04:04:27 pm »

I've yet to find a way to do it.  Maybe I'm just not familiar with how it's done in DF2012 D:

You need an animal training zone.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: December 13, 2014, 05:07:04 pm »

(orc mode, but i assume it carries over)

I always embark with a pair of wolves, or at least a growler squig or two, and just pasture them in a big 20x20 zone near the wagon.  And train them from there by Therapisting a couple animal trainers and using z-animals interface to queue up the jobs.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 92