Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 195543 times)

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #1110 on: December 21, 2014, 10:30:21 pm »

Found Moleweasels to maybe suite my needs. They seem to cover twice as much ground. Although I can't harvest anything from them.

Nothing besides mountains of delicious meat. A moleweasle population will breed into the hundreds fast. They truly catsplosion if you don't manage them. Ive never tried it myself but maybe look into the autobutcher dfhack program.

On a similar note I think ill start designing compartmentalized food stockpiles with lava. Im pretty sure my forts usual fps death is from stockpiled food. Need a way to cut the amount in half quickly.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: December 22, 2014, 04:06:42 am »

Something from the previous version that I just remembered, dunno if it's been fixed or not;

In the Weaponry Upgrade workshop the 'Improve sledgehammer' doesn't work. At the time I looked through hackwish and I don't think there is an actual upgraded sledgehammer for it to make.

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: December 22, 2014, 08:14:38 am »

Alright military back to its old glance, well sorta, golems are missing and 3 other ranged troopers + their paladin with hammer and shield (arcane protector) are missing.
Mr.Freeze is again the Icemage and doesnt freeze while well... freezing things, 2 Crossbowmen with Wolfram Autocrossbows (Switched from Adamantine since Adamantine does literally no damage on melee) and got those 2 to legendary in Hammerdwarf, Armoruser, Dodger with a dangerroom. Same for Mr.Freeze, but with swordskill instead.
And their crossbowskill is fairly high either with Rank 10. Quite satisfied, alot higher quality military then last time. Now I need to turn those guys into mages, 2 air and maybe 1 fire and I call it a day.

Edit 1: Now my Paladin/Arcane Guardian, Zeratul, is ready to fight. Armored in atleast exceptionally well crafted Adamantine Plate Armor wielding a Masterfull Legendary Tungsten/Wolfram Warhammer
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 12:25:16 pm by ___MeRliN___ »
Signature coming *soon* TM

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: December 22, 2014, 12:26:19 pm »

Is Zeratul unstoppable?   :o

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1114 on: December 22, 2014, 12:29:17 pm »

Spider Spider, Spider Spider, does whatever a spider does. (Which is webbing your military and one shotting them, regardless of armor or skill)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: December 22, 2014, 12:31:14 pm »

Spider Spider, Spider Spider, does whatever a spider does. (Which is webbing your military and one shotting them, regardless of armor or skill)

Yep nothing is worse then a eyeless Spider Forgotten Beast composed of steel. They kill anything, even if armored...

Edit 1:

Hm Air Mages might help with this, they are webimmune arent they?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 12:33:22 pm by ___MeRliN___ »

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: December 22, 2014, 12:42:14 pm »

Yep nothing is worse then a eyeless Spider Forgotten Beast composed of steel. They kill anything, even if armored...

Edit 1:

Hm Air Mages might help with this, they are webimmune arent they?

Air mages are, and level 3 of another element are as well (I just don't remember which, earth maybe? it's fire mages per the manual)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 01:05:20 pm by qorthos »

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: December 22, 2014, 01:46:16 pm »

So IceMages get apparently a ice web-spray... but arent webimmun. Quite ironic, cant be freezed yet can be webbed with his own ice webs?

Anyways Paladin/Protector is ready, going to transfer one of my Ranged Combat Units into a firemage, the other one maybe too...

Then getting either a second swordman or a spearman with Air magic and make him a spider killer, what do you guys prefere? Spears or Swords for spiders? Or Wolfram Warhammers in case I find another forgotten beast with metal skin... Also is dualwielding and are Greatforge/2 Handed Weapons viable? Havent played with them in my propper military. The few times I used Zweihanders I was kinda dissappointed, maybe because I made them out of obsidian instead of steel lol.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: December 22, 2014, 07:04:16 pm »

The few times I used Zweihanders I was kinda dissappointed, maybe because I made them out of obsidian instead of steel lol.

Yep, that would do it...

bluntobj

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: December 29, 2014, 04:54:59 pm »

Some questions:

Plate Armor - does the platearmor inherit the properties of the leather used in its construction, e.g. Netherleather, dragonscale, etc.

Layering armor - earlier entries in this thread indicate you can go padded + Platearmor + mail as layering.  Is this still the case?

Musket / pistol ammo - what material factors affect the damage of bullets?  Is lead better for weight or steel for for piercing?  Does it follow the general rules for bolt damage, or are they effectively blunt damage only?

Large gems - I'm trying to make a large gem stockpile, but cannot locate the proper settings.  Any pointers?  I'm trying to build the air temple, but it's not pulling the large gems from the archeologists lab.  Unless I am muffing one of the other materials...

!!FUN!! - I admit that sometimes secret fund stuff can be really fun, but hard to figure out.  I've gotten good at identifying fun like vampires with vanilla, but the things that turn your dorfs into opposed to life berzerkers are eluding me.  It drove me nuts so I was using DF Hack's curse check to look at every dorf, (blanket cursecheck had revealed 3 cursed creatures on the map, one was a vampire I had Amontillado'd as my bookkeeper.), but I never saw the other two.  I generated two wards of armok and placed them, but no cultist appeared.  Is an acolyte of the carp god opposed to life?  I ended up doing the sacrifice to remove shoggoths, which appeared to work (curse count back to 1), but I wonder if it was the ward fixing them or the sacrifice?  I did not see any message warning, so I assume it is a behind the scenes thing.  Can you shed a bit of light here if its not too spoilerish?

Plump helmets / pig tails - I'll never generate a world with no cavern water again.  Interestingly this had a major effect on dwarfish civilizations.  There was only one mountainhome left to choose from.  I was using fortress defense invasion races, which took up most of the available civilizations out there.

Armory - I assigned two stockpiles to the armory; one a leather and the other an armor.  Jobs are still red?  (edit - I am silly.  I needed to add steel bars to those stockpiles. geez)

Magic School - to have a dorf join the magic school, do I have to manage the allowed laborer, or will the school pick a dorf with the Sorcery labor assigned that is not yet a member of the school?

Patternwelded metals - This only available at the magma version of the metallurgist?

Totems made from leatherwing bats and moleweasels are not valid to sacrifice as totems to armok?

I have a love/hate with the disease function.  Never before have I had to make a diagnoser a priority on embark.  However, is there a way to modify the storage function of the hospital so medicine is stored there where dorfs can access it?  I have a huge number of barrels in a storeroom next door for this purpose, but can liquids receive the same treatment as thread, soap, etc?

Nitroglycerin - is the chance for failure truly what is described?  I've had 3 explosions in 6 attempts.  Either really unlucky or clumsy chemists, but I learned the hard way to put the chemist in its own room with a 1 tile wide gooseneck and blast doors.

Thank you Meph for putting together a spectacular mod!

« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:15:55 pm by bluntobj »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: December 29, 2014, 06:45:58 pm »

Isnt that creature-level? I was under the impression that this cant be assigned to individual castes, and would count for all castes, effectively making all dwarves fire/frostbite-immune.

Since this doesn't seem to have come up, that's MAT_FIXED_TEMP that you were thinking of, which is a material definition token, and materials are of course defined creature-level.

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: December 29, 2014, 07:51:31 pm »

Some questions:

Plate Armor - does the platearmor inherit the properties of the leather used in its construction, e.g. Netherleather, dragonscale, etc.

Layering armor - earlier entries in this thread indicate you can go padded + Platearmor + mail as layering.  Is this still the case?

Magic School - to have a dorf join the magic school, do I have to manage the allowed laborer, or will the school pick a dorf with the Sorcery labor assigned that is not yet a member of the school?

1. Only the material of the base item matters, so no.

2. I remember doing padded + mail + plate in 6.0, and I don't think anything was changed in regards to armor since, so I'd say yeah.

3. A random dwarf with Sorcery enabled will go. Though I don't think anything bad will happen if an Air Mage attempts to join Air Mages again (except losing the materials used in the reaction).

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 11, 2015, 01:12:54 pm »

Hey guys, got me a problem.

I'm playing 6.2, latest version. Just built a fortress, but as of the third year, no migrants. I've tried setting emigration to 100, dug out a ton of space, created a great deal of wealth, everything that usually encourages immigrants. I get regular caravans from the dwarf homestead, so they're an active civ. The first two migration waves show up (but those are hardcoded).

I tried forcing migrants, and got this message

Any idea what it means? Is there a workaround?

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 11, 2015, 01:29:54 pm »

Emigration makes dwarves move away from your fort, set it back again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 11, 2015, 01:33:08 pm »

Ah. Doesn't explain the lack of immigration for three years though. Emigration was set to disabled for that time. Also doesn't explain why I can't force migrants.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 92