Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 197210 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #1125 on: January 11, 2015, 01:44:08 pm »

Sounds like your civ is dead, or has no access to your fort.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 11, 2015, 02:06:57 pm »

Hey Meph! I thought that too, but I get regular caravans!

Edit: Just checked - Zuglar Gigin, The Ship of Flying, Dwarven. Active.

It's very odd. I can force caravans, diplomats, anything and everything from MOUNTAIN, but not migrants. They just 'aint coming.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 02:16:18 pm by DoX »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1127 on: January 11, 2015, 03:01:48 pm »

Then go for a Townportal or cheat with spawnunit. Nothing I could do about your save having no migrants. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 11, 2015, 03:32:16 pm »

Then go for a Townportal or cheat with spawnunit. Nothing I could do about your save having no migrants. ;)

Eh! Alright. If there's nothing to be done, there's nothing to be done. Heck, I can also always make it a challenge fortress with baby growth only!

Thanks Meph. Hope your cycling tour is going well. You the man!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1129 on: January 11, 2015, 03:54:29 pm »

I've been running around museums the last couple of days, no cycling. Waiting for visa... tomorrow I should get it, then its off 1 week cycling to Warsaw.

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 11, 2015, 06:00:54 pm »

I've been running around museums the last couple of days, no cycling. Waiting for visa... tomorrow I should get it, then its off 1 week cycling to Warsaw.

Nothing wrong with museums! I was at Pointe-à-Callière just a few weeks ago with a friend. I'm keeping up to date on the twitter. Good luck!

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 19, 2015, 07:20:33 am »

http://imgur.com/LLM92J6
Any idea how to clean that up?

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 19, 2015, 03:04:14 pm »

It looks like there's a volcano right there, use magma. Magma cleans everything.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 19, 2015, 03:12:50 pm »

you suggest i should pump the lava up and flood my surroundings with lava?? well... thats 1 plan i guess i tryed burning it down atomsmashing looks like alot of work but this mess would be back in no time since i get invaded quite often..

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1134 on: January 19, 2015, 04:45:19 pm »

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 19, 2015, 05:27:04 pm »

Dont know how to use and isnt that cheating? xD

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 19, 2015, 05:38:12 pm »

Hey guys, got me a problem.

I'm playing 6.2, latest version. Just built a fortress, but as of the third year, no migrants. I've tried setting emigration to 100, dug out a ton of space, created a great deal of wealth, everything that usually encourages immigrants. I get regular caravans from the dwarf homestead, so they're an active civ. The first two migration waves show up (but those are hardcoded).

I tried forcing migrants, and got this message

Any idea what it means? Is there a workaround?

update the force script, it's probably doing something monumentally stupid with that indexing

toradrow777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 19, 2015, 07:03:48 pm »

Okay, I've set things up so that I have a 10 Dwarf, 5000 point embark, but now, since I haven't played DF in forever, I'm kinda stuck.  Any advice for what I should take, what skills my Dwarves should have, and how to get my fortress started?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 19, 2015, 07:16:17 pm »

Okay, I've set things up so that I have a 10 Dwarf, 5000 point embark, but now, since I haven't played DF in forever, I'm kinda stuck.  Any advice for what I should take, what skills my Dwarves should have, and how to get my fortress started?
Well you definitely want at least one miner, a lot of people seem to start with more, but i've only ever found one necessary. You'll probably want a woodcutter if therre are trees where you are, but if there aren't I wouldn't bring one. Along with those two you'll want a copper pickaxe and axe for each of them. Then It's always good to get a mason, a carpenter, and a farmer/herbalist unless you for some reason are without stone, wood, or plants. Past that it's a bit less clear. I normally bring a cook/brewer and then another dwarf depending on the individual embark, like if I'm playing humans I might get a broker with negioting skill for the trading reactions, or if I get a smith's guild dwarf I'd get a weapon/armorsmith. However since you have four dwarves that could be changed around you might want something else. It could be good to have all the dwarves you need for metalsmithing early on so maybe a machine operator for ore processing, a furnace operator for smelting (and in masterwork wood burning can be done at a standard smelter too), then your metalsmiths. As for what to bring I'd advise keeping most of the things you start out with, but getting rid of those really expenisve things you won't need early on like ropes and wheelbarrows, along with any seeds for foods that require processing. Early on you just want some easy to farm plants like plump helmets, and you can always buy the iron bark or cave wheat later when you need it. Then you'll probably want to bring animals. Pigs are good for early on because they don't need to eat grass so they can be moved into underground pastures before you open the caverns. Then after that maybe bring some fuel and metal? It depends on the embark, but since you can't tell without prospect which is pretty much cheating then I always bring some bituminous coal (as it's the most fuel for it's price) and some ore of the metal I want. If there's flux stone some hematite bearing stone would be good, but if not it might be good to bring cassiterite, malachite, and bismuthinite bearing stone instead as bismuth bronze is cheaper and cooler than plain iron.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 19, 2015, 07:50:43 pm »

This is what i do:

2 Miners/Engravers
1 Stonecrafter / Woodcarver
1 Woodcutter / Carpenter / Bowyer
1 Mason
1 Farmer / Herbalist
1 Leatherworker / Bonecarver
1 Cook/Brewer/Miller/Butcher/Tanner (he's your general food processor)
1 Weaponsmith / Armorsmith
1 Trader / Crossbow user

Before I've unpaused the game, I've designated an above ground food stockpile, trees to be cut, farms for two or three above ground crops to be built and building for a bowyer, bonecarver, butcher and tanner.

I immediately butcher the two tuskoxes and turn their bones into a crossbow (bowyer) for the crossbow dwarf and 4 bone spears (bonecarver) for a small militia.  The leftover bones become bolts.  I try to get two or three above gruond crops into the ground immediately, as it is more difficult to farm in MDF and thus harder to get booze.  I generally rely on meat from the two tuskoxes and the crossbow dwarf "hunting" (just recruit him into the military and give him targets, don't bother hunting) until a good supply of sweet pods, cave wheat and quarry bushes gets established. 

Then go full tilt into getting a set of rooms for a dormitory, meeting hall and belowground food storage going.  After that, explore!
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 92