Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 195515 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #1155 on: January 23, 2015, 02:09:06 pm »

One of my migrants has just came with a genie child; the last time I had genies they died for some unknown reason.  How do I keep genies alive?

Also, since I'm now setting up my hospital, I'm gonna need a well.  I'm using the nearby river as the water source for my well, connecting the two with a channel trench, but I'm concerned that their may be enough pressure to push the water up the well and start a flood.  Will pressure be a concern in my system, and, if so, what's the best, easiest way to prevent flooding?

Genies only live to a max age of 1 year.  Their purpose is to lay ususual eggs.

Water pressure is pretty simple, it is always pressurized up to 1 z-level below the source or pump that is pressurizing it.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Pressure
You can read the sections on depressurizing and wells there.  As mentioned, diagonal regulator is the simplest. 

toradrow777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: January 24, 2015, 05:29:57 pm »

Okay, so, in DFHack, "fullheal" heals all of the selected target's physical ailments, but what heals things like unhappiness?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 24, 2015, 05:33:28 pm »

I think there's just a script called removebadthoughts you can enter in. I think if you target a dwarf it removes their bad thoughts specifically, but if you don't it removes the whole fortresses bad thoughts as well as tells you what they were.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 25, 2015, 08:34:04 am »

Okay, so, in DFHack, "fullheal" heals all of the selected target's physical ailments, but what heals things like unhappiness?

Big dining rooms  ;D
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: January 25, 2015, 01:34:08 pm »

Could someone explain what just happened?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 02:33:46 pm by Cheesoburgor »
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1160 on: January 26, 2015, 09:28:06 am »

I got no idea. That doesnt sound like anything I modded in. I think Liches are from Xanthis Fear the Night mod, but I dont think that they'd do scarecrow transformations...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: January 26, 2015, 10:06:43 am »

Posting the save would help but my theory is that the game tends to barf and throw random interaction at people, like that time humans transformed into devils for no reason and a babysnatcher did questionable things to its victims.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: January 26, 2015, 10:39:07 am »

There are at least 2 ways in the raws to obtain a Transform into scarecrow spell; the dwarf chocolate secret "INTERACTION:TRICKERY_SECRET" and the Masterwork "CREATURE_VARIATION:SCARECROW_FORM".  Perhaps some other creature on your map has that ability?  I don't know how the creature variations come into play, though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1163 on: January 26, 2015, 11:23:22 am »

Oh right... Dwarf Chocolate mod from Seth Crieyd. Lots of crazy stuff, but very rare.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: January 26, 2015, 01:34:20 pm »

Perhaps some other creature on your map has that ability?
im pretty sure no creature has that ability because i killed all the creatures on the map with the killitwith X command from dfhack and im still seeing dwarves and creatures turning into scarecrows and going berserk. The only thing i can think of is an unit that is sneaking and randomly casting spells on my dwarves and animals but ive already scouted the entire map with 2 military squads and im not finding anything
Posting the save would help.

How exactly do i get the save and where do i upload it?

Also something that happened while i was embarking a while ago (i reinstalled masterwork after this happened though)
The ground was randomly shifting in different materials from blood to vomit to adamantine to *insert material here* even when paused.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:52:35 pm by Cheesoburgor »
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

Wheeljack

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes explosions for their BOOM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: February 03, 2015, 11:03:34 am »

Hey guys, long term vanilla player here, but first time Masterpiece player. Any advice or things I should be aware of playing dwarves vs vanilla dwarves? And can anyone recommend a good let's play of this mod?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1166 on: February 03, 2015, 02:06:10 pm »

Cheesoburgor, you messed up your save raws somehow. You have either duplicate raws or no soils at all, thats the reason. Try a clean install.

Wheeljack: Read the manual. It also include a page with links to community fortresses that you can read through. :)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: February 03, 2015, 02:11:32 pm »

Hey guys, long term vanilla player here, but first time Masterpiece player. Any advice or things I should be aware of playing dwarves vs vanilla dwarves? And can anyone recommend a good let's play of this mod?

Does "let's play" mean only the video type?  I know there's a couple out there, but never looked at them too much.  There are several good text stories including

Riverrun which covers a lot of the features in Dwarf mode.  The manual gives you some getting started advice.

Battle of the 8 Armies shows you all the civs but I guess is probably kind of hectic to look at if you're new!

If you're Dwarves, Orcs, or Humans, you can pretty much start playing like in vanilla and experiment with one new workshop / industry at a time until you get comfortable.
* Dwarves are a compilation of every and all cool feature.  They will someday be overhauled to be more focused, but for now they are both awesome and bewildering in their scope.  Don't try to take it all in at once.  Use the ore processor before smelting.
* Humans are more at home above ground.  They can run some big operation like a plantation or fishery and buy and sell materials for coins, and can rent out "empty" workshops to artisans from the other races to sample features from other modes.
* Orcs have access to lots of different weapons from several different industries that use different resources, so they are flexible to take advantage of many different environments.  They can also butcher and make bonemold weapons from animals or invaders.  You can stay at that baseline tech level forever and be perfectly successful, or explore the "tech tree" by buying or raiding blueprints.

Depending on your tolerance for unexpected !!FUN!! you might want to turn off Diseases, Harder Mining, Secret FUN, Banshees civ, Werewolves civ.  Your mileage may vary.
I personally also turn off extra vermin and simple gems / soil / stone / minerals mostly just because of preference.

The other race modes are worth the time investment to learn, but are more different from vanilla, so you'd be well off to read the manual or a tutorial fort to get the feel for it.

Daundra

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Also known as Zack The Zapper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: February 03, 2015, 02:14:12 pm »

Sorry to bug but I've encountered a problem.

I'm trying to make arcane dwarves, and to make a spell tome it requires ink and a writing object.

I've made quills, and just recently made ink from ash at the craftsdwarf workshop, and cannot make the spelltome. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the replies.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1169 on: February 03, 2015, 02:15:38 pm »

Maybe not enough glue? Pages? Are they in a burrow?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 92