Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 194877 times)

Daundra

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Also known as Zack The Zapper.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #1170 on: February 03, 2015, 02:18:54 pm »

That seems to have been it, just checked and one of my burrows overlapped where the pages were being stored. Oops.

Thanks!

psywy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: February 20, 2015, 05:49:07 am »

HELP!
I start a new game, DF34.11 plus MWv6.2. 3 miner dwarfs dig a channel and reach the lower floor. While they are trying to expand the space of this floor, they "transform" into metal and disappear one by one. The game says, for instance, "Basement Glazewaste, Dwarf Miner Hammergolem has transformed into a gold hammergolem!" Oh my, what on earth happened to my dwarf??? Waiting online for help. Thanks!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: February 20, 2015, 09:37:06 am »

not normal behavior, need more info.

Just to be clear, you are not running the reaction [NAME:Create gold hammergolem] at the golem forge, correct?

You say they "disappear".  Are they gone, or are they still around, transformed into a gold hammer golem?

What rock were they mining?  Is there anything in your errorlog? 

psywy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: February 20, 2015, 10:54:36 am »

not normal behavior, need more info.

Just to be clear, you are not running the reaction [NAME:Create gold hammergolem] at the golem forge, correct?

You say they "disappear".  Are they gone, or are they still around, transformed into a gold hammer golem?

What rock were they mining?  Is there anything in your errorlog?

I just begin a brand new game, so there is no golem forge or something like that.

I made a mistake. They didn't disappear. They became creature named "golden hammergolem" and were wondering around my wagon, doing nothing. When I "look" at them the decription is, "A big glod construct provided by the mountainhomes. It resembles a humanoid with thick muscles and broad shoulders made entirely from gold. The eyes glow faintly red. It never speaks or even utters any sound. A valiant giant gold hammer as a right hand and swings it mercilessly. He is incredibly muscular." When I "view units" on them, it says "This is animal, cant work"

There is nothing in my errorlog and I dont know what rock they were mining exactly. Just beneath the starting position!

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: February 20, 2015, 12:29:32 pm »

Did you, perhaps, install Dwarf Fortress and then unzip Masterwork on top of it?

I keep reading about all the crazy things duplicate RAWs cause, it doesn't sound very far-fetched that they'd make the ground layer consist of some stone that boils and then causes the Hammergolem reaction :D

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: February 20, 2015, 01:16:27 pm »

Question about white and black mages in v6.2. What is the area of effect of their buffs? Is it the buffs that stop duplicate white/black mages? I'm making a mage school fort, and I want to have more than one of each type, as apprentices. If I put prospective apprentices into a burrow away from the main fort, will they eventually be able to become, say, a second lifemancer?

psywy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 21, 2015, 02:50:52 am »

Did you, perhaps, install Dwarf Fortress and then unzip Masterwork on top of it?

I keep reading about all the crazy things duplicate RAWs cause, it doesn't sound very far-fetched that they'd make the ground layer consist of some stone that boils and then causes the Hammergolem reaction :D

Yes!I install DF first and then unzip MW on top of it! If it made trouble, what is the right way to install MW?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: February 21, 2015, 02:56:40 am »

Yes!I install DF first and then unzip MW on top of it! If it made trouble, what is the right way to install MW?

//Manual

Installation

This is a pre-installed package. Unpack and you are good to go. When you are reading this, you will already have done all the work, congrats! Please do not download a normal copy of DF and mix them, this will result in errors. All you have to do to run this mod is this:

Run Dwarf Fortress.exe.
Gen a new world using the adv. world gen with the included templates.
Play.

Chosing your settings

Masterwork DF tries to keep the DF feel alive. It is not a total conversion, and Fortress Life will go on as usual. It does have many extended Industries however, which you will get to know by playing Fortress Mode. If you want to alter the mod to better suit your wants, you can follow these easy steps:

Run Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.exe to add/remove parts of the mod.
Chose the tileset you like, set allies and enemies to levels you like and more.
Chose the active civs. You can play not only dwarves.
Gen a new world using the adv. world gen with the included templates.
Play.
You now have your very own version of Masterwork DF. You can even save different settings and make templates for your favourites, or ask other people for theirs! New options for succession forts await!

psywy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: February 21, 2015, 11:31:23 pm »

Thanks a lot! Problem solved!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1179 on: March 24, 2015, 11:40:50 am »

Let's bring the relevant threads back to the first page... *bump

Dwarves are fully playable in the 40.x version of the mod and I'd be happy about feedback. They focus heavily on metalsworks, mining and smelting now, without the trading and magic they had before.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ManlyMeatMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: March 30, 2015, 02:22:51 pm »

To start off, I'm still using the 34 version of dwarf fortress and v.6.2 of masterwork i believe. I'm wondering if dwarf mode in masterwork reborn is at the same level of completion. I know that it will be different and that dwarves are playable, but is there still a good amount of content? The main reason I love playing as dwarves over most other races is because they are the most fleshed out. Are they close to the same level in the 40.x version?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1181 on: March 30, 2015, 07:34:06 pm »

Just download and have a look at the buildings list. It's much smaller. They are fleshed out, but they are no once-race-does-everything anymore. no magic, no trading for example.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lordofgilneas

• Bay Watcher
  • And i suppose you think you're the one to do it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: April 02, 2015, 12:18:14 am »

I've noticed an odd bug. Has anyone else had their farmers do nothing? I don't know why, they were working before. Do plants take longer to grow now?

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: April 02, 2015, 03:26:53 am »

I've noticed an odd bug. Has anyone else had their farmers do nothing? I don't know why, they were working before. Do plants take longer to grow now?

If you enabled Harder Farming in the GUI, then yes, plants take longer to grow.

lordofgilneas

• Bay Watcher
  • And i suppose you think you're the one to do it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: April 02, 2015, 06:33:10 am »

Ah. That explains much... Thank you  :D!
Edit: Lol, not sure if intentionally done, but a human woodworkers guild member came to my fort. He wound up dead, but not before causing the games orders to freak. Anyone else experience this?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 02:53:00 am by lordofgilneas »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 92