Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 195707 times)

donoya

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #1200 on: April 10, 2015, 07:30:54 pm »

Hello, I have a suggestion regarding balance: could you make it so that the gems you make from regular stones using the jeweler aren't used in the gem furniture (especially the anvils) and gem equipment? As it is, it makes the rockforge and stone crafter seem unnecessary for progression.

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: April 10, 2015, 09:38:07 pm »

Okay, I figured out what happened with my dwarf suddenly becoming a Hunter. He's an arcane dwarf and my fort is constantly attacked by flying zombies so he has been constantly hiding at the first sign of rotting bird so his hunting skill was getting beefed up.

Still haven't figured out what and where acids are used for/at.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: April 10, 2015, 10:19:20 pm »

In Dwarf mode, I have no idea.  In orc and warlock mode they're used for acid weapons of various types, and cleaning rusty iron.

It looks like Dwarf mode has reactions for acid landmines and acid turret, but don't actually require an acid reagent.

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: April 10, 2015, 11:00:27 pm »

In Dwarf mode, I have no idea.  In orc and warlock mode they're used for acid weapons of various types, and cleaning rusty iron.

It looks like Dwarf mode has reactions for acid landmines and acid turret, but don't actually require an acid reagent.

Yeah I noticed that. Weird that the only things dwarves have that utilize acid, don't actually require acid.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: April 11, 2015, 01:25:47 am »

Yeah, the two recipes for dwarves that seem to require acid actually don't.

If you look into the raws, you will notice a comment about that too.

My guess is that they were made before the actual acid, and then everyone forgot about adding the acid in the ingredients.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1205 on: April 11, 2015, 03:09:41 am »

There was a larger chemistry system, based on RL, in the works, but I deemed it too complicated for most players...it got scrapped. :/
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: April 11, 2015, 04:18:16 am »

Not exactly dwarf-mode related, but during browsing the raws I noticed that plants like kobold bulbs, strawberries, fisher berries etc. we used to plant are missing [GROWDUR:]. Is it intentional?

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 11, 2015, 01:48:03 pm »

I've checked the raws as well as I know and...

Magmalings don't exist anymore? I can't find the way of creating them in the Alchemy Lab. I have Blood of Armok, I've discovered magma and I have changelings. :(

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 11, 2015, 04:02:19 pm »

Magmalings got extinct a few versions ago, sadly.
There is always the "magma well", but it is hazardous, and not really fit for magma spawning.

Your best bet would be to use dfhack to spawn the magma directly, and then dump the "cost" of the magmaling under a bridge to destroy it (I think the gem is magma proof, so only the hellfire turret/landmine or a bridge can destroy it).
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 11, 2015, 04:34:40 pm »

Yeah the Magma Well is not very useful for dwarves since fire-immune is not very common among them so the well tends to kill the operator. However, I tend to find it necessary for the Magma Discovery without having to dig into the caverns since I don't think spawning magma through dhack alone is capable of triggering magma workshop availability.

The "easiest" and most practical way to make good use of Magma Wells is to make it from all magma-safe materials (slightly tricky for the bucket but not too difficult) and make a Emberblaze Alter to make a dwarf into a fire-immune Ashkin and make it do the operations. It is a little annoying to go through all of that since it requires several difficult to get items (to the point where I have yet to actually put it into practice despite thinking of it weeks ago) but it seems to be the only way to spawn magma without using dhack and needs all the preparation necessary for catching and holding the magma that is spawned.

You can also just send dwarves you don't like to do the operations until you have spawned all the magma you want, still without using dhack.

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 12, 2015, 04:24:16 am »

Ok, I see now. Very useful information, guys. Thanks.

What was the reason for dropping magmalings (and, I presume, waterlings)? What is the Blood of Armok used for now?

lordofgilneas

• Bay Watcher
  • And i suppose you think you're the one to do it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 12, 2015, 04:30:36 am »

Blood for the blood god XD?

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 12, 2015, 11:59:14 am »

Another question: how do I do to get my military dwarves constantly working on the weight bench? I have plenty of lead bars around my benches and my dorfs just use them a couple of cycles (or just one) and then they suspend the reaction.

lordofgilneas

• Bay Watcher
  • And i suppose you think you're the one to do it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: April 12, 2015, 12:36:15 pm »

Dwarves are fickle beings. Although consider assigning a burrow round it. If there's nothing else to do they will sleep and pull weights. Probably.

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 12, 2015, 05:41:54 pm »

Another question: how do I do to get my military dwarves constantly working on the weight bench? I have plenty of lead bars around my benches and my dorfs just use them a couple of cycles (or just one) and then they suspend the reaction.

That is strange. Do you have a bar stockpile? It may be that dwarves keep tagging the lead bars with hauling jobs to bring them to the stockpile.

If that is the case, just turn off Lead in your bar stockpile. If not, then try checking your alerts page for job suspensions, that may shed some light on the matter.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 92