Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 193511 times)

Albany

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #1230 on: May 13, 2015, 09:48:51 pm »

Hey guys, I've loaded up Masterwork again and tried a straight dwarf mode fortress.

So far so good, but the Rendermax plugin is making it almost impossible to see anything in the deeper reaches.

I discovered the "make illumination" option at the craftsdwarf shop, but I can't figure out where and how to place said illumination. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1231 on: May 13, 2015, 10:15:17 pm »

They are buildings, you build them just like a workshop. :) Or you can turn off Rendermax. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Albany

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 13, 2015, 10:23:17 pm »

Ah. I looked through the workshops but couldn't find them. I'm running Masterwork straight out of the box and haven't changed anything; what's the keyboard shortcut in case I've just missed them?

I've turned off Rendermax for now, but it's such a lovely addon that I'd like to have things working like normal!

Edit: Aha, they were under furnaces, the slippery devils!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 11:38:40 pm by Albany »

Curious Key

• Bay Watcher
  • Stumbling belligerence-first through life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 14, 2015, 10:12:43 am »

I just loaded up the new masterwork for 40.xx, and I noticed that most of the hostile races have invasions/etc disabled. Is this due to them being unfinished for this version, or is it just a default setting to prevent it being too hard out of the box?

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: August 03, 2015, 12:31:21 pm »

About Vampire mages and Demonbound...

Are Vampire mages physical attributes locked like a normal vampire? Do Demonbound dwarves age? And where are the interaction raws to edit them?
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1235 on: August 03, 2015, 01:51:32 pm »

I just loaded up the new masterwork for 40.xx, and I noticed that most of the hostile races have invasions/etc disabled. Is this due to them being unfinished for this version, or is it just a default setting to prevent it being too hard out of the box?
It's because they dont exist yet.

You can use fortress defense for now, if you want extra invaders.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Curious Key

• Bay Watcher
  • Stumbling belligerence-first through life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: August 04, 2015, 07:42:01 am »

It's because they dont exist yet.

You can use fortress defense for now, if you want extra invaders.

Ahh, I thought that might be the case, hence why I asked. Didn't want to get non-existent invaders. Shudder That's just too much metaphysics for my dwarves. :P

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 11, 2015, 08:42:02 am »

Exploding catapult ammo blocks:

1. What stockpile holds exploding catapult ammo blocks? I've tried Blocks, Stone, and a stockpile with everything set to take from the Chemist's Lab. I managed to get the blocks near the catapult by building a floor out of them and deconstructing it. Then made a stockpile holding everything where the blocks were.

2. How to get catapult to fire exploding catapult ammo blocks? Siege engine gui: tried blocks, stone, and anything. Message: Unable to fire catapult, needs non-economic rock blocks.

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 11, 2015, 06:01:07 pm »

I can't seem to tan leatherwing bat skin, I've got about 10 units of skin and no way to tan them. Using latest version of Reborn.

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: August 13, 2015, 09:00:23 pm »

I bought a red dragon from Ineri's Pet Shop and for some reason the dragon is thirsty. I um... don't know what to do about that, I didn't even think anything other than dwarves (or other playable entities) could get thirsty. I'm not sure what to do. Is there a way to actually get it to drink or will it just die of dehydration?

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 13, 2015, 10:14:07 pm »

Should be able to get a drink of water on its own. I had that happen before and the critter seemed to just path to water and drink like dwarves would. On the other hand I don't think it should happen in the first place either but what can you do. :x

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 13, 2015, 10:45:38 pm »

Okay so I just need to give it access to water. I had the dragon pastured indoors so that makes sense that it didn't decide to go drink on its own.

It worked. My usual watering area was frozen so I marked an unfrozen water source and removed the dragon from being pastured and it went to go drink on its own. Thank you for the help. I guess this means if I want it to have guard duty indoors, I need to dig out a pond for it to drink from.

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 21, 2015, 09:55:37 am »

Hi guys, I haven't been playing for a while, so I am bit rusty on some stuff.

I have a fantastic embark with flat surface volcano...but after some digging I realize that I only have gold and tin ore on the map.

I am playing reborn btw.

Assuming that fortress siege races disrupt my trade, what are the non-metal alternatives for iron and steel? Glass? Wood?

Edit: ok praying seems to be working, albeit slowly. What is praying in Dwarf the Rapist? Strand Extraction?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 11:12:47 am by Stormbuilder »

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: August 21, 2015, 01:29:40 pm »

Yeah it's strand extraction, the logic being that adamantine is the most holy of metals and thus can only be prepared by the most holy of dwarves.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1244 on: August 21, 2015, 01:54:38 pm »

Yeah it's strand extraction, the logic being that adamantine is the most holy of metals and thus can only be prepared by the most holy of dwarves.

[REACTION:PRAY_BOOZE]
   [NAME:Pray for booze]
   [BUILDING:SHRINE:CUSTOM_B]
   [REAGENT:barrel/pot:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [EMPTY]
      [FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [PRODUCT:1:3:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK]
      [PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:barrel/pot]
      [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:33:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:PRAYER]
   [SKILL:PACIFY]

True for Masterwork 34.11, which has custom skills; not true for Reborn, where I sticked to original skills. Hope pacify makes sense for priests ^^
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 92