Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 195501 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #1275 on: November 03, 2015, 10:52:18 am »

How can I find the leader?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: November 03, 2015, 02:18:33 pm »

What does the armory/weaponry do in Masterwork Reborn? My items don't show any quality levels at all but the value goes up. Does this actually increase the combat effectiveness and is there a limit to how much I can improve a weapon this way?

(Also hi, returning after being used to Masterwork 34.11. Playing dwarves feels a lot closer to vanilla dwarf fortress, although a tungsten web spitting forgotten beast showed up to destroy by first successfully running fort to remind me the new materials are still there)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: November 03, 2015, 03:28:44 pm »

nobgost it was you!? that explains why so many of the military turned. being the squad leader you had plenty of time to target them for your vile god.
......this ends now!

......what? oh no! our new addition was also in on it! that brings us down to two members!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: November 04, 2015, 10:16:45 am »

What does the armory/weaponry do in Masterwork Reborn? My items don't show any quality levels at all but the value goes up. Does this actually increase the combat effectiveness and is there a limit to how much I can improve a weapon this way?

(Also hi, returning after being used to Masterwork 34.11. Playing dwarves feels a lot closer to vanilla dwarf fortress, although a tungsten web spitting forgotten beast showed up to destroy by first successfully running fort to remind me the new materials are still there)

The workshops increase the quality of an item up to masterful. Take care though, attempting the reaction on a masterful item returns a standard quality item that cannot be improved.

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: November 26, 2015, 04:50:14 pm »

Masterwork version 6.2

What conditions to Boulder Crabs need to breed?
I can't get mine to grow the way I normally get egg-layers to breed.

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: December 28, 2015, 07:21:56 am »

What ☼Dwarves☼ content came from modders besides Meph? Anybody know the sources?
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1281 on: December 28, 2015, 03:00:32 pm »

What ☼Dwarves☼ content came from modders besides Meph? Anybody know the sources?
Not much. Scripts, but otherwise I wrote at least 90% of them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: December 28, 2015, 04:48:17 pm »

Plump men, the dwarven domestic creatures, the diseases/cure system, the different plant system where all items outside of Meph that he reworked in.

Probably more that could be considered derived from others such as weapon balancing, alternative metals, caste system.

For the most part I've always said masterwork is 50% Meph but I'm sure it still requires so much rework to consolidate that he earns the 90% :).

It funny because now I'm watching other modders recreate small things for DF42 that make me think "masterwork has already done it".  Oh you made a larger 2h crossbow thing... That's a javelin thrower.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1283 on: December 28, 2015, 05:55:23 pm »

Fun fact: the javelin thrower is from Legends of Forlorn realms by Narhiril, not me. ;)

I thought he meant the workshops when he said dwarf content. The rest affect multiple races, llike the diseases or plants or plump helmet men.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: December 29, 2015, 12:36:09 am »

I meant the stuff that isn't exclusive to Succubi, Warlocks, Kobolds, Humans, Orcs, and Gnomes, etc. Because yeah, I'd like to know where the diseases and plants and plump helmet men came from.
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1285 on: December 29, 2015, 03:57:23 am »

Diseases: I wrote one myself, didnt like it, Halfling wrote one, sounded much better, still ended up not working well. ^^ So that is Halflings. The Plump Helmet Men are indigoFenix, who also wrote the Gnomes.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: January 04, 2016, 06:01:04 am »

PTW
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

automaticsquid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: January 06, 2016, 07:30:12 pm »

Hey, I have a question, in masterwork reborn you can make morningstars in the finishing forge but not the metalsmith's forge so you can never make them better than bronze. Is that intentional? If it is how hard would it be for me to add them to the metalsmith's forge? Or it's possible i missed something real obvious and you make them somewhere else.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: January 07, 2016, 01:36:05 am »

We IIRC morning stars are a blunt weapon anyway; so their effectiveness comes from the weight of the metal rather than it's ability to hold an edge, and it's probably cheaper to just use copper unless you have more tin than normal for some reason.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: January 07, 2016, 06:15:34 am »

I'm about to lose a favored dwarf in fey mood for lack of required materials.  Wood -- check; cloth -- (all) check; metals -- damn near all, check; gems -- she likes "Bloody"; what's this?  The screams are longer than two seconds so it's the first material, maybe need more than one of ... something? 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 92