Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 195472 times)

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #1290 on: January 07, 2016, 09:06:54 am »

Diseases: I wrote one myself, didnt like it, Halfling wrote one, sounded much better, still ended up not working well. ^^ So that is Halflings. The Plump Helmet Men are indigoFenix, who also wrote the Gnomes.

Unless you're referring to some unspecified quality of Plump Helmet Men that I am unaware of and not just the creature itself (I haven't played in so long ;)), I'm pretty sure they're from Vanilla DF.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: January 07, 2016, 01:56:02 pm »

Diseases: I wrote one myself, didnt like it, Halfling wrote one, sounded much better, still ended up not working well. ^^ So that is Halflings. The Plump Helmet Men are indigoFenix, who also wrote the Gnomes.

Unless you're referring to some unspecified quality of Plump Helmet Men that I am unaware of and not just the creature itself (I haven't played in so long ;)), I'm pretty sure they're from Vanilla DF.

Dwarves can keep them as livestock by default, you can embark with a bunch of them and then slaughter a few to harden your population to death while bolstering your food stockpiles with tasty plump helmet man flesh/wine.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1292 on: January 11, 2016, 07:05:49 am »

IndigoFenix wrote a large mod giving plump helmet men a rudimentary AI which leads to revolts. That is what I meant. In vanilla DF I think they are called mushroom men, not plump helmet men.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 11, 2016, 07:35:49 pm »

They are plump helmet men in vanilla.

Arcadico

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 16, 2016, 04:11:18 pm »

Why can't i see all the new workshops? I found only some of them when i tried to build them up in a new fortress..
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:29:34 pm by Arcadico »

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 25, 2016, 06:04:17 am »

Why can't i see all the new workshops? I found only some of them when i tried to build them up in a new fortress..

Have you researched them?

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #1296 on: January 25, 2016, 08:05:52 pm »

Are you playing the right version?  :P 34.11 has all the neat stuff, in my opinion.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 26, 2016, 04:53:01 pm »

Which 'new' workshops are you looking for? Reborn "removed" a lot of the shops because the intention was to focus each race in a particular way. Dwarves don't have the sawmill, for example, that's for human guilds. Nor do they have much in the way of magic, that's for warlocks. Hence jwoodward's post about 34.11.

Rimbinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: February 03, 2016, 02:18:18 pm »

Does anyone know how to make everyone in V6.2 contruct walls/floors just like in V.006. Atleast at which files do I need to look at?
Best feature of .006 so far...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1299 on: February 03, 2016, 03:56:10 pm »

Everyone? Its just that the mason-labor is enabled. You can do that with Dwarf Therapist.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: February 03, 2016, 04:37:14 pm »

I think they're talking about the new(ish) Construction labor that was added in .40.20, which separated building walls and floors from making furniture and bricks. Though why they thought that feature was specific to Masterwork is beyond me.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #1301 on: February 03, 2016, 11:32:51 pm »

They hardly played vanilla? BTW, Masterwork can't actually do anything to mod labors/skills. Just use in different ways, re-name (using a hack), and perhaps increase the skill through hackery. Milling still is used at a millstone, even though it's named Archeology, and so on. A few bugs, but works well. Nothing like the "Construction Labor" could ever be done by a mod.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Rimbinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: February 04, 2016, 12:23:57 pm »

Well in that case sorry for the confusion, and yes I have never played vanilla, ever. Setting custom job on Therapist and skill cap on workshops did the trick, thanks

Devin9

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: February 15, 2016, 07:54:51 am »

Dwarves can keep them as livestock by default, you can embark with a bunch of them and then slaughter a few to harden your population to death while bolstering your food stockpiles with tasty plump helmet man flesh/wine.
That reminds me of some strategy where you make a pit high above your meeting area and periodically drop something in to harden your dwarves to death. I guess it's better to use something you can make wine from, at least.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: July 04, 2016, 07:27:16 am »

How should I deal with a evil biome? I am not sure if it reanimates, but there is kobold blood rain. I used startdwarf to bring 12 dwarves, and upped the embark points by 500ish. I brought: 3 miners, 2 masons, 1 smith (proficient weapon and armor), 2 farmers, 2 soldiers (novice discipline, competent hammer, shield, dodge), 1 brewer+cook, and 1 weaver+clothier (last 2 mostly haulers). I also brought 9 turkeys (3 male and 6 female). I turned on slow learning. I walled in with wood I brought (sealed the last square with dfhack to avoid issues with dwarf walling self out or standing on wall and not building it. The zombies can climb over this, right? I then channeled out a pit and started digging my fortress. Next, I should slaughter my pack animals and immediately tan their skins, right? Also, I should seal the tunnel, to stop flying/climbing stuff from getting in? How should I deal with migrants and caravans? How should I deal with invaders (killing them may lead to zombies). Should my military be exclusively blunt weapon? I am guessing that mass cage traps are the way to go, as they basically instakill zombies and prevent reanimation. How should I get rid of the zombies in the cages? 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 07:30:28 am by someone12345 »
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 92