Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 195793 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #1305 on: July 04, 2016, 07:32:17 am »

Evil biomes: Ignore the surface, just stay underground all of the time. Zombies get dumped in atom-smashers or magma.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: July 04, 2016, 10:21:33 am »

What are all these mushrooms? I looked at their raws, and they seem to be edible raw and cooked, and can be made into dye, glue, and alcohol. What was the point of adding them?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1307 on: July 04, 2016, 12:00:25 pm »

dye colors. Original game has only a few dyes, now there is one for each color.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: July 05, 2016, 07:07:31 am »

I'm going to abandon, as there are no zombies. I had some hairs around for quite a bit, and they did not reanimate. Also, I did not see any wandering zombies.
Edit: Regened the world, got zombies. Managed to get underground and wall off, and only lost 2 dwarves and a turkey.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 01:50:11 pm by someone12345 »
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: July 13, 2016, 02:00:30 pm »

Is anyone else having problems with the Library system? 

All required items are in close stockpiles.  A tasked dwarf will carry thread, a quire, ink and a bookbinding into the Scriptorum, say he’s writing the book and then – nothing.  The books aren’t listed in Tools where they used to be, T and K screens says they’re not in the Scriptorum or any close stockpile, z screen doesn’t list ‘em at all.  Make the ten required books, go to build a Masterwork library and red screen says NONE of the books are available.  Bomrek Ed just repeated steps for writing “Bonecrafting” for this screenshot, the screen says he’s writing it, all items are in the Scriptorum after he carries them there, afterwards he’s described as “no job” walking away but – no book. 

So what’s changed?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1310 on: July 13, 2016, 02:16:20 pm »

the books took their material from the paper reagent. This has been replaced with a quire, from the new vanilla DF library system. So the products are broken and books dont have a material.

I fixed it in my dev version, will be released on friday. if you want to fix it yourself, open reaction_dwarf_civ.txt, search for "GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:X:NONE" and replace with "GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:quire:NONE".

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: July 15, 2016, 08:40:50 am »

Thanks for the tip but, nope.  Changed the code, next ten books, still nada.  Guess I'll wait for the next release.  Upper/lower case, didn't seem to matter. 

Also, what is the reaction for making glue?  Raws describe kitchen as 'glue building' but I don't see the actual reaction mechanism. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 08:59:10 am by jimboo »
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

MechaJeb Kerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: July 15, 2016, 08:41:23 am »

(sealed the last square with dfhack to avoid issues with dwarf walling self out or standing on wall and not building it.

There is actually a neat trick to avoid that, you just assign for 2 walls to be built, and suspend the one that is on the wrong side, like this.

Very useful for building floodgates and other stuff too.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: July 15, 2016, 11:09:44 am »

Thanks for the tip but, nope.  Changed the code, next ten books, still nada.  Guess I'll wait for the next release.  Upper/lower case, didn't seem to matter. 

Also, what is the reaction for making glue?  Raws describe kitchen as 'glue building' but I don't see the actual reaction mechanism.

You made the change in the save folder, not main raws, right?

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: July 15, 2016, 05:15:13 pm »

Is there anything that is to be added for the dwarves or do you considered their faction complete
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1315 on: July 15, 2016, 05:42:14 pm »

Is there anything that is to be added for the dwarves or do you considered their faction complete
Still lots that can be added. runesmith, golems, explosives maybe.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: July 15, 2016, 06:00:31 pm »

Still lots that can be added. runesmith, golems, explosives maybe.

Are the golems of the magical or mechanical variety?
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: July 15, 2016, 09:59:21 pm »

You made the change in the save folder, not main raws, right?

Oh ... no, still made no difference.  Still writing books, books still disappearing/redded out.  Shame, this was 4 years into an amazing fortress. 

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: July 16, 2016, 07:13:04 am »

Any ideas why my grazers stopped grazing? Or they are grazing but not enough?
Originally let them just wander, they started getting hungry so i made a pasture which has tonnes of grass, now they're starving.
Both on yak cows and rabbits.

There are clearly areas where they have eaten the grass, but they don't appear to be consuming enough and have no inclination to do so.

Any ideas? May be able to save them temporarily by feeding them manually with animal trainer, but this is less than ideal.

The only thing i can think of, is that i've turned on the mod which allows you to get war animals on all animals. Never had an issue before.
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: July 23, 2016, 10:12:19 am »

On Glass:
Is it possible to code a smelting reaction – guess it would be metallurgist, now – to combine lead and sand to make CRYSTAL_ROCK?  Glass types are vanilla code, shame there’s no easy way to get around those limitations (esp. colors).  I still want my skilled dwarves to be able to make one of these:

Millstones *used* to grind boulders into sand and that was great.  A true Mountain embark meant underground plants (or now, perhaps gathered/traded plants) and an emphasis on getting early magma and water.  A mountain with gold ore made every Masterwork thing easy but Alchemists still do their thing and even without flux stone, a kiln is very efficient at making bonemeal, turkeys are very cheap and haven’t yet been nerfed back again on clutch size so, lots of early leather, tallow and bones.  Making rock crystals would be another pretty gem, infinite supply.  It’s a rare mountain that doesn’t at least have tetrahedrite for silver and that’s good enough.  Dwarf and now human caravans bring wagonloads of cut gems, I’d still like to have raw rock crystals available w/o using DFHack. 

Also,
Engravings can't be done on constructions.  Can that be changed? 
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 92