Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 194896 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #1320 on: July 23, 2016, 11:23:11 am »

FWIW orcs can make nice cameo glass, with decorated stained glass goblets :) 

(well, better once I fix the cobalt glass reaction typos)

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: July 23, 2016, 12:31:10 pm »

Cameo glass sounds nice, as does stained glass.  Cobalt glass was used for the base of the Portland vase, nobody's quite sure how the white glass glaze w/ detailed engraving was done; for many years, that was an ongoing contest among top glassmakers. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1322 on: October 06, 2016, 03:23:12 pm »

New 32x32 dwarf sprites... coming soon.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Caponimoq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: October 09, 2016, 06:10:40 pm »

How do I make my dwarves magical? Do I have to use a workshop, or they just come as immigrants?
Urist McDM:"Roll a dwarven stupidity check"
*Urist McPlayer rolls 1
*Urist Mcplayer gets stucked in a hole
Urist McPlayer has been found death

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1324 on: October 09, 2016, 06:27:38 pm »

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking about. There are a few rare dwarven mages that have become a mage by reading a slab in world-generation, but you cant make mages yourself in fort mode.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: October 09, 2016, 07:08:42 pm »

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking about. There are a few rare dwarven mages that have become a mage by reading a slab in world-generation, but you cant make mages yourself in fort mode.

Well you can, but you need to already have a book with the desired secret written in it and a library zone.

So either embark on a tower, steal a book with an adventurer and drop it off, or just embark near a tower a hope they're dumb enough to bring the book to you. Then set up a library.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

grotball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 11, 2016, 02:04:35 am »

New 32x32 dwarf sprites... coming soon.

Look excellent to me on a casual glance. Any chance you'll release these under a creative commons license, are they crowd funded?

I haven't yet used a 32x32... on widescreens it might be pretty cool. The other question I had, with the TWBT thing, does that support (PNG) animation? I read vaguely somewhere it does. That would add a pretty powerful element to the UI (beyond animation changes every tick).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 02:07:01 am by grotball »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1327 on: October 11, 2016, 08:03:04 am »

I made them.

TWBT does not support APNG.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 14, 2016, 03:35:56 pm »

Any use for an artifact wooden hand cannon in dwarf mode? Dwarves seem to lack guns and gunpowder, and I've never seen the humans bring any to trade, so I kind of doubt it can be used.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 14, 2016, 04:21:14 pm »

Any use for an artifact wooden hand cannon in dwarf mode? Dwarves seem to lack guns and gunpowder, and I've never seen the humans bring any to trade, so I kind of doubt it can be used.
How'd you acquire it
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: October 14, 2016, 07:25:14 pm »

I acquired the hand cannon from a bowyer strange mood. It's wood because a bowyer will always grab a bowyer's workshop and make a wooden ranged weapon. Moody dwarves can make just about anything in the raws, regardless of whether their civilization knows how. In the base game I've had moody bowyers make blowguns.

p0m1d0rka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: October 18, 2016, 01:53:58 pm »

after 1,5 years my military dwarfs suddenly start to kill each other. Mb bug with sparring?

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: October 19, 2016, 05:55:05 pm »

1) Should questions on Ye Olde Masterwork go in this thread, some other, or should there be a YOM thread?  Does anyone besides me still mess around with YOM?     :)

2) New releases used to come with a changelog at thread’s top but I can’t see one anymore; somewhere else?  96 pages is a lot of skim searching --

3) A looks-like-it-died thread from Meph on 01 October, “Who wants to play a community fort?”: did this ever start?  Listed on the Community thread?    ??   
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 20, 2016, 06:46:38 am »

The fort never started, mostly for lack of players. I was about to create a thread but got some IRL problems. If you start one count me in, tho.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: October 20, 2016, 08:52:10 am »

Three or four players can make an interesting Community fort and it’s a great learning experience (for players, lurkers and as feedback for Meph) but there needs to be a good theme.  My forts are most always some variation of Greedy Little Bastards, dwarves living ‘as they should’ in the mountains, digging deep for gold and magma, encrusting everything possible with jewels and fighting off strong sieges and invasions.  But it’s been done now several times.   And really, the first couple of years is fairly boring with design and FPS logistics considerations.  But if somebody else comes up with a good idea, I’ll also take a rotation slot. 
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 92